Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

?

ACE = no support for payable DLC, no matter whatever it is (like I wrote, decision allready taken when we first heard of it without knowing what the first DLC is).

If somebody wants to provide/contribute configs/whatever changes for payable DLC, he/she/they are welcome to do it and we will add it.

But you will never ever see it done by any ACE dev. We only support what is available for free for all players.

I don't think that it is so hard to understand, isn't it ?

All that DLC bla bla has done more damage to the whole com than anything else before.

And more and more people are thinking about leaving this so called com, including myself.

No ACE update announced today ? Yes, it has a reason.

Xeno

great decision IMHO

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

First of all:

[hymn of praise]

@Sickboy, Xeno and the rest of the ACE Team: You are doing a splendid job and your mod is (together with the BWMod) the only reason I'm still playing this game. The huge ammount of time and dedication you put in this mod made ArmA2 a true gem for military simulation fans such as me. I can only say one thing: THANK YOU

[/hymn of praise]

And now to my only request: Could we make a seperate thread exclusively for discussing ACE gameplay and features. It seriuosly annoys me, that every time I look into this thread the only things to be read are the posts of people to stupid or to lazy to search this thread for installation instructions (not that the installation is complicated) or the posts of people making demands and whining like spoiled childs that only found a new toy car under the christmas tree and not the live pony the wanted.

So please: Could we split this thread in ACE-support and ACE-Discussion? I think there is much to be shared on the actual CONTENT of your mod, but in this thread, every discussion about that is doomed to be silenced immediatly by a flood of complaints and demands. :angryfire:

BTW: The manner you guys react to all this bitching rivals the patience of a 100 year old buddhist monk on opium!

Best regards

installation and updating is a bit complicated. more complicated then installing the game itself. here you got to download and install six updater, download the yma file for six updater and manualy search and dump the file in the six updater folder, you then got to run six updater. After you then have to select a template from the list and finaly press execute to install. Toss in the fact that when u do a update half the times it doesnt update ace properly and u end up re installing the whole thing again

[/color]

installation and updating is a bit complicated. more complicated then installing the game itself. here you got to download and install six updater, download the yma file for six updater and manualy search and dump the file in the six updater folder, you then got to run six updater. After you then have to select a template from the list and finaly press execute to install. Toss in the fact that when u do a update half the times it doesnt update ace properly and u end up re installing the whole thing again

OK, maybe I'm a little emotional and unfair on this part. It takes some time to figure out the installation process and for unexperienced useres there are some hurdles on the way, granted. I'll take back the "stupid" (not the lazy, though).

Still, I have the impression that everything regarding this topic has been said and I'm frustrated that virtually 90% of the ACE thread is used for support questions. Hence my suggestion: Make a seperate support thread.

Best regards

Edited by Crushus Maximus

Am I the only one who sees this as slightly confusing?

Your post is full of confusion. Let me help.

Here are the simple facts:

- The ACE team is not paid to produce ACE.

- It is a labor of love.

- The DLC is paid DLC therefore logically not everyone will buy it. There is little incentive for the ACE team to pour resources in to trying to develop and ACE DLC mod when few would benefit from it anyway.

- If you are an expert in British armament then by all means volunteer your services to the ACE team and commence working on an ACE_BA mod for this new DLC.

Your post is full of confusion. Let me help.

Here are the simple facts:

- The ACE team is not paid to produce ACE.

- It is a labor of love.

- The DLC is paid DLC therefore logically not everyone will buy it. There is little incentive for the ACE team to pour resources in to trying to develop and ACE DLC mod when few would benefit from it anyway.

- If you are an expert in British armament then by all means volunteer your services to the ACE team and commence working on an ACE_BA mod for this new DLC.

That is a beautiful summary. That needs to be posted at the top of every page in an ACE2 thread. It's but true. Everyone really needs to understand that summary.

Besides, the DLC adds nothing to ACE2 therefore no need for the non-british team to worry about it. As was stated by Maruk, all engine improvements will be available in future patches.

hey thanks the six updater worked

but when i go into the second or third mission it tells me a bunch of files were deleted and it cant continue

So if I use the new CBA 0.6.0 then I don't need the hotfix correct? I was getting timeouts on every server with ACE then a crash to desktop, could this have been the reason why with the old CBA for ACE OA ? or something else maybe, anyone else have this problem? thanks.

First of all:

And now to my only request: Could we make a seperate thread exclusively for discussing ACE gameplay and features. It seriuosly annoys me, that every time I look into this thread the only things to be read are the posts of people to stupid or to lazy to search this thread for installation instructions (not that the installation is complicated)

Well, I will have to temporarily include myself among those idiots.

OA introduced a great feature which allowed you to disassemble mortars and transport them on foot.

I noticed that I do not have this option with ACE, which is a great shame. Is it some mistake on my part? Or is the feature not there? (In which case I respectfully urge the team to include it in the next release).

J

I want to support ACE and I want to support BIS. I will do what I can to accomplish both.

ACE team, what would you have suggested BIS do for revenue? Full expansion pack been better?

Cheers all, sorry for the drama. The above question means no disrepsect and is a nice non-rhetorical question.

I want to support ACE and I want to support BIS. I will do what I can to accomplish both.

ACE team, what would you have suggested BIS do for revenue? Full expansion pack been better?

Cheers all, sorry for the drama. The above question means no disrepsect and is a nice non-rhetorical question.

Why don't you just drop the subject? Nothing good will come from this and it really isn't even an issue. Xeno has said all that needs to be said.

The ACE Dev team isn't here to argue to pros and cons of a specific revenue model for BIS. BIS has a right to implement whatever revenue model they see fit and the ACE team has a right to officially support whatever content they see fit. Why is that so difficult to understand and why do you consistently keep questioning it?

I think its dumb...

BI should focus on the game in core and fix stuf like mem handling, graphics

and so on..AI YES that should be a prio..Not models..

I could go: HEY whats so cool with UK forces, i whant gambian forces or French

or germans...

Leav the moding of addons and that to the comunity and BI stick with

improving the game corewise...

Wait a sec......

combined operations only? I have OA on steam and Arma 2 retail. Will it work? Or is there some other method?

Oh please, I just need some help!

Why do I get the message that says "no message read for xx seconds" or something like that whenever I play online with ACE? only ACE I get this with, any ideas, it times out then crashes to desktop.

;1696247']I think its dumb...

BI should focus on the game in core and fix stuf like mem handling' date=' graphics

and so on..AI YES that should be a prio..Not models..

or germans...

Leav the moding of addons and that to the comunity and BI stick with

improving the game corewise...[/quote']

I said it before. Please keep DLC discussion in DLC thread.

To give an answer to your statement: Creative department (modellers, textures, etc) have nothing to do with bug fixing, or engine fixes, ay?

or germans...

Do whatevr you want, but NOT in this thread

Oh please, I just need some help!

CO = OA with A2 as addon. It doesn't matter which one is retail and which one is steam, if you got them installed properly, it should be working

Has anyone tried PLA ACEX addon? Does it work?

YES, ACE 1.3 and A2

Edited by PuFu

Finally! Thank you! But somehow, I have crashes randomly....

HI Xeno

I think Ive spotted a problem ( of course it could be me). Im showing under Blufor US Army twice. Ive also lost some of the Stryker units including all the desert camo vehicles from AO. No Mortar Carrier, No Med Evac stryker. All Strykers are green. Was all there before last update because I had a mission with them in there and since the patch I started editing it again and the strykers changed to the green version.

just paste the following link into the "Auto config URL":

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

ps: this link is for Combined Operations only

Argh, I forgotten how to go to auto config url!

I'm at kelly heroes Ace2 arrowhead +Arma 2 but when I go check for addons, it says:

please check your Arma2(2) folder settings.

If you did set your Arma2(2) folder restart the application.

I restart it, but it shows the same thing!

Edited by ray243

Argh, I forgotten how to go to auto config url!

I'm at kelly heroes Ace2 arrowhead +Arma 2 but when I go check for addons, it says:

please check your Arma2(2) folder settings.

If you did set your Arma2(2) folder restart the application.

I restart it, but it shows the same thing!

You need to make your initial settings with AddonSync.

Go to the Settings tab and set it up properly first.

Also make sure the path shown in Download_Tab is correct and as intended.

yea that addon sync doesnt work well with ace

It works as it should. You can download ACE2OA-1.5b or the old ACE2-1.3RC1 & the userconfig. Post @ dev heaven or YAS thread if you are having any problems using it.

Edited by Cross

hi,

use: OA beta + Ace2

I have a question, i need to have a heavy wounded AI or man, if i use setdamage 0.90, when i examine the wounding system the answer is man is fine ; if i use 0.91 the answer is man is dead . in all case is impossible to use any medikit.

i try use this for a new type of revive.

i think there is a function or variables to do that, but have not got the solution.

i find a script in Ace_sys_wounds named setw.sqf.

it seem make this but i don't understand how call this function.

thanks for all idea or documentation link.

bye

Edited by TonySoft

You need to make your initial settings with AddonSync.

Go to the Settings tab and set it up properly first.

Also make sure the path shown in Download_Tab is correct and as intended.

I don't quite get you, and I have already placed the correct directory in the right box.

I don't know if this is a Bug, But if I equip the "Gas Mask" or the "Balaclava" or "tactical glasses" (Not at the same time) my characters "Face and Voice" gets Changed/Reset to a different one, Is anyone else having this problem ?

Thx

Edited by Jonn