Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Hey guys, I've tried search but its either not covered or I'm typing the wrong words! Anyway I've been running ACE for probably 7 or 8 months now with no problems, but when I went to update at the weekend I got this..

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9906/aceproblem.jpg

Im assuming something has changed since I last updated (a couple of weeks ago) so any pointers in the right direction so I can sort this out & get back up to date would be top! Again apologies if this has already been covered, I couldnt find it with search :)

Uncheck "Autoskip", the checkbox that is seen in your screenshot. That is if you are trying to download ACE2 for OA. If not, don't overwrite what you have.

Ya count me in as on who is "F*(*ed" . I get 1.5 beta oa ace. Arrrrrrrrr. Tryed all. del all and reinstalling 1.3 ace.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Ya page 1 would have been a nice read if I didn't install the newest six updater and run the update like I always do. What do they call that whey you can look back and see your mistakes so clearly????? mmmmm! WTF

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

Maybe a preset change in six updater is a good idea? Having the Vanilla Arma2 preset have 373 as the latest ACE version along with the others, CBA, ACEX etc. I can see many people f***ing themselves over by updating (like they always have through six updater) before seeing this thead. Maybe even a whole new versioning start for ACE_OA would be good?

Ha ha ha ha. Count me as one!!

Does Yoma addon sync works with the OA version of ACE?

Uncheck "Autoskip", the checkbox that is seen in your screenshot. That is if you are trying to download ACE2 for OA. If not, don't overwrite what you have.

Ahh right I see, does that mean support for standard ARMA 2 ACE has been dropped now then? I dont have OA and to be honest I wont be getting it for a while either (money, time, PC needs upgrading etc)

Does Yoma addon sync works with the OA version of ACE?

Yes it does.

= @CBA_OA

Mod is tagged 'disabled' in the configuration file. Skipping...

is CBA_OA client side only? Is this a OA StandAlone only addon?

If not how the heck do I fix this on the server/Six Updater? (Win 2003)

Edit:

Ok I guess CBA_OA was put out there to confuse us all or just me. :)

I have found no use for it ... I get an error client side telling me to disable it.

error_cba_oa.jpg

Ok explanation please ....

1st - what the heck is CBA_OA for?

2nd - What are we supposed to be running server side vs. client side for Combined Arms OA? ACE, ACEX, CBA ? Is that it?

Is there going to be a ACE_OA ? ACEX_OA? ACE_SM_OA? ect. ...heh? Are these just for OA Standalone?

Totally confused; nothing new. LOL

Edited by pchaxor

... what the heck is CBA_OA for?

CBA_OA is some sort of bridge addon that you need in addition to CBA if and only if you have OA only.

So to run ACE, on my ArmA2/OA game, I only need the latest versions of CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_PLA, and ACEX_SM?

ACE with Arma2 -> ACE 1.3RC1

ACE with OA -> Update to latest ACE 1.5b

If you update to ACE 1.5, it will not work with ArmA2 properly.

edited for self retardation :)

Edited by victim913

Well calling someone retarded, etc isn't helping the situation. To be fair, some of this seems to easily get confusing. I used ACE 2 without much issue--if any--since its release. However I admit I even found myself confused with this one here and there. Yes, it is frustrating sometimes seeing people ask the exact same question, but it's inevitable and going off on a rant like the above isn't going to help nor is it fixing the situation. :rolleyes:

Let's keep it civil and on topic, please.

Ive been through every page in order to find the answer to my problem. Not my problem but a 'squad' members problem.

He can use bandages, He can check my inventory and he can turn his IR strobe on and off.

BUT

he cant use his earplugs/goggles/masks etc etc

the option is greyed out and he cant use them. Anyone got any ideas?

pic below

gogglesblanked.jpg

Did he go to his ACE/Store folder to grab the latest userconfig files, and then put his profile name in the .hpp file?

I just installed Yoma and it thinks everything is in synch but how do you get it to check OA vs A2? I dont get it. I gave up on the six updater because the last time I tried selecting the OA profile, it just downloaded ace into the Arma2 directory. Maybe its better than I download ace manually and extract the files where they need to be. Can someone please confirm whether or not Yoma or SIx will put the correct ACE files in either the OA directory or the A2 directory depending on the profile selected? I guess this applies more to Six since I dont see any mention of profiles in Yoma. I'm running steam but I dont think that matters since I have these installed into 2 different directories. And for the record, where should CBA_OA be installed? In the OA dir or the A2 dir or both? Do I need to call that mod with standalone OA with ACE? I don't really use combined ops.

Hi, I have a few questions.

1. when i place the ace ammo crates and then check them they seem to be missing half of the guns that were in the arma 2 version of ACE ? is this normal ? im missing all the guns with the ace eotech/holo sights etc. there were many more guns in the arma 2 version of ACE than i am seeing in this OA version... am i doing something wrong ?2

2. i find the gear menu to be kinda weird to control, its almost as if something is trying to take over my mouse.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i dont have time to read the whole thread !!

any response would be appreciated !

Please can someone answer the first question !!! desperate to know if i have it installed correctly or not ???

1. Since OA have us army, that are in ACEX, they disabled the acex us army and related things.

I'm not sure about the hk416 m4s etc, maybe they are disabled too.

2. Maybe its the mouse problem, i have a similar problem because my mouse batteries are weak/the mouse iteself doesn't move good on the table

Please can we have the Jet noise back? With 1.3 there was an excellent noise when planes went overhead... It's not there anymore. Has it been removed or has something gone wrong with my installation?

Ive been through every page in order to find the answer to my problem. Not my problem but a 'squad' members problem.

He can use bandages, He can check my inventory and he can turn his IR strobe on and off.

BUT

he cant use his earplugs/goggles/masks etc etc

the option is greyed out and he cant use them. Anyone got any ideas?

pic below

Add your profile name to ACE config file.

"...\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp"

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "YourProfileNameHere";

};

However with Arma 2 Combined Operations (Arma 2 merged with Arrowhead) I found out that this makes it work for Arrowhead but not Arma 2 missions/campaign. Problem is that in Arma 2 missions the player has different names and these are the "player names". For example the name "Kozlowski" for certain mission becomes the player name and other names for A2 campaign etc. This means you would have to constantly adapt ACE config profile name entry as to what part you will play, A2 or OA and missions for A2 Since ACE entry only supports single profile entry AFAIK.

I have the same issue with the usreconfig. :( Have copied the hpp files from the *.tar file and copied them back to where they belong. And I still cant use the earplugs and such things. :(

just paste the following link into the "Auto config URL":

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

ps: this link is for Combined Operations only

Wait a sec......

combined operations only? I have OA on steam and Arma 2 retail. Will it work? Or is there some other method?

Edited by ray243

It seems that a couple of minor technical issues are having major impacts for many users here.

We don't need people being rude to those having grief or treating them as less capable - that just reinforces the negative opinions some have for ACE and does nothing to make the situation better.

What would help....

1. Six-updater support for alternate installation folder(s). ArmA has supported this for some time, though not hardly mentioned or documented until recently. Being able to install mods in the user's folder vs game installation folder would solve a number of problems, including the Win7/Vista virtual folder issue as well as OA-related head-aches.

2. Concider new module names. There is no reason to continue to use the same names ( ACE, ACEX, etc ) for a product that does not work with vanilla A2 anymore. Having distinct product names for A2 and OA/OACA would clear up a lot of confusion.

3. Better instructions. Enough people have reported problems or complained about the current instructions that one can conclude it needs improvement. I know many people hate writing, but at least the installation instructions have to be current, clear, concise, and simple. Look at the style guides for US field manuals for guidance, very simple language and grammar are specified so that even the most simple-minded soldier can get it.

4. ACE users need to be more cooperative. Help out your fellow users AND the devs more. Find info to help the others and share it here or via video. And please, make sure your facts are current - don't mislead with out-of-date information.

ACE with Arma2 -> ACE 1.3RC1

ACE with OA -> Update to latest ACE 1.5b

If you update to ACE 1.5 and overwrite 1.3RC1, it will not work with ArmA2 properly.

So rename all the ACE2 1.3RC1 folders like ACE->ACE13 ACEX->ACEX13 CBA-> CBA13 etc..

and THEN install the ace1.5 so that if you can play ACE2 with ArmA2 later.

I've setup separate AddonSync repos for ACE1.3RC1 and ACE1.5 (ACE2OA) so that you can sync whichever you want. Click on the link in my sig.

ACE team chose to abandon development for ArmA2 and fully switched to ACE2OA therefore you need to find your own way to play with ACE1.3RC1.

Personally I will install the ACE1.5 stuff into a totally separate folder called ACEOA and run from there.

I dont realy get this. How do I get ACE for Arma 2? I hade it before but when I updated it the last time it just stoped work. Can someone help me? I would appreciate it:)