Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

You know what's also possible?

Changing the keys for BDC.

Or the keys to adjust the night vision sensitivity.

Already have done, but do remember that there are only a certain amount of keys on a keyboard.

I'm not saying anything about what ACE will do with the BIS BDC, but as sickboy's been saying; try looking for solutions rather than complaining about percieved problems.

Hardly a complaint, I was quite clearly just bringing up a point about a simple little thing. If that's a complaint, then I'd hate to think what you'd label some of the stuff I've seen in addon release threads. :rolleyes:

So I put the dash infront of the Nosplash and it did change a lot of things, unfortunately I'm still experiencing the mod without any sounds at all......

I am not sure if this is related to ACE (though I'm not running a lot of other addons), but I am encountering "cannot load texture ca\weapons\data\w.weapons_s.paa" every time I load a game. Will also report this issue to the bug tracker but wanted to see if anyone had any insight about this.

Can anyone help me out? I still can't use the Goggles/Mask, and I don't know why. I have everything set-up correctly, Userconfig/ingame. Anyone have any ideas?

paste your clientside config hpp to postimage , and post the link here , ill take a look at it

Already have done, but do remember that there are only a certain amount of keys on a keyboard.

I'd recommend the same buttons as ACE's adjust GL/Rocket Launcher up/down, since they do basically the same thing but won't conflict with eachother.

Hardly a complaint, I was quite clearly just bringing up a point about a simple little thing. If that's a complaint, then I'd hate to think what you'd label some of the stuff I've seen in addon release threads. :rolleyes:

The label I'd put on some things I've seen in release threads would probably get me probated :p

You should check the issue tracker if you want to provide input on this, though.

There's nothing wrong with the explosives, but their handling were moved to the interaction and self-interaction menus.

The spotting scope as well. Quite a few things are in the self-interaction menu, you should look in it sometime.

please, can you tell me what are the keyboards key for use it ?

I've had that mouse problem since before ACE. After being in game, and then going into some sort of mouse menu, (be it the main menu, or the gear menu) I will frequently encounter this problem where my mouse control seems to be messed up. It will sort of stutter around when I try to move it, instead of behaving smoothly and normally.

I've had this since day 1 in A1. Just with this computer though. It's still a horse and runs ACE2 + OA just fine but I still occasionally get that stuttering. My new computer at my other house doesn't seem to get it though but time will tell.

You have to set them up in the ace_keys.hpp.

userconfig/ace/ace_keys.hpp check in there. I'm not sure I understand what you mean though so my apologies if I'm mistaken.

You have to set them up in the ace_keys.hpp.

okay i have SET THE KEYS THANKS!

now i can claymore THE RED ! HAHAHA

Edited by gL33k

I suspect this may have already been covered but I don't have time to search 50 pages for an answer so here is my problem.

I have Combined Operations from steam, done the thing to combine them both as described in a thread on these forums and it works fine it seams.

I have installed sixupdater and its reporting that I have the latest versions of Ace and all the other stuff it appar5ently requires.

When I start the game in sixupdater the game loads fine with Ace however when I go to the Ace demo it says it wont work because I don't have utes, its may have been deleted or something.

Can someone help me out ? I am very new to the Arma series so its more than possible I have messed up but as far as I can tell I have done everything the way I should have.

Many thanks.

okay i have

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

};

};

but when i press win left key, nothing happens.

and i don't know what 's "app" key...

On some keyboards these keys do not work properly ingame (mine included). That's why I advise you to change the keys to something else.

For instance: I use POS1 and END key for those two.

Hi, I have a few questions.

1. when i place the ace ammo crates and then check them they seem to be missing half of the guns that were in the arma 2 version of ACE ? is this normal ? im missing all the guns with the ace eotech/holo sights etc. there were many more guns in the arma 2 version of ACE than i am seeing in this OA version... am i doing something wrong ?2

2. i find the gear menu to be kinda weird to control, its almost as if something is trying to take over my mouse.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i dont have time to read the whole thread !!

any response would be appreciated !

anyone ????

I am still goose necked on where the download link is ? LMFAO.

Uhm...

What about looking on "FIRST PAGE"?

I suspect this may have already been covered but I don't have time to search 50 pages for an answer so here is my problem.

I have Combined Operations from steam, done the thing to combine them both as described in a thread on these forums and it works fine it seams.

I have installed sixupdater and its reporting that I have the latest versions of Ace and all the other stuff it appar5ently requires.

When I start the game in sixupdater the game loads fine with Ace however when I go to the Ace demo it says it wont work because I don't have utes, its may have been deleted or something.

Can someone help me out ? I am very new to the Arma series so its more than possible I have messed up but as far as I can tell I have done everything the way I should have.

Many thanks.

No one ?

I thought this would have been a quick fix, someone comes along and says something like " you numb nut ! just copy (insert filename here) to (insert location here)" or something like that.

I really want to try ACE too, please dig deep and help a noob out hehe

I have seen the two posts linked in the first post in this thread but I don't quite understand what to do.

None of us have time to search these things or have the desire. There's a "trick" to it, well a search feature actually. Just look below the page numbers in the upper right of each page/forum section/etc. There's a drop-down bar that says "Search this Thread". It works like a charm, most of the time.

Enjoy that little "trick" in case you didn't know and enjoy the Mod!

Take care.

Could someone please explain in very simplistic terms how to update to ACE 1.5 and use it with Operation Arrowhead for me? The Six Updater and YAS programs confuse me and I'd mess something up.

Also, how would I still be able to use the ACE version for regular ARMA II?

How does C4 go about working when it blows up? I'm trying to work out how it 'ticks' so I can use it with an IED script we're using for our squad's missions

It's like it doesn't do very much damage but has a lot of bang at the same time

Could someone please explain in very simplistic terms how to update to ACE 1.5 and use it with Operation Arrowhead for me? The Six Updater and YAS programs confuse me and I'd mess something up.

Also, how would I still be able to use the ACE version for regular ARMA II?

Hope this helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd4CwNajPQc

You need the YAS link in page 1.

Hey guys, I've tried search but its either not covered or I'm typing the wrong words! Anyway I've been running ACE for probably 7 or 8 months now with no problems, but when I went to update at the weekend I got this..

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9906/aceproblem.jpg

Im assuming something has changed since I last updated (a couple of weeks ago) so any pointers in the right direction so I can sort this out & get back up to date would be top! Again apologies if this has already been covered, I couldnt find it with search :)

I'll give you the lowdown. Your F***ed. Same thing happened to me, I cant get OA for a while yet so I cannot play Ace online. It doesn't matter they dropped ACE like a hot potatoe as soon as OA came out so yea, upgrade or get out basically ;)

Hey guys, I've tried search but its either not covered or I'm typing the wrong words! Anyway I've been running ACE for probably 7 or 8 months now with no problems, but when I went to update at the weekend I got this..

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9906/aceproblem.jpg

Im assuming something has changed since I last updated (a couple of weeks ago) so any pointers in the right direction so I can sort this out & get back up to date would be top! Again apologies if this has already been covered, I couldnt find it with search :)