Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

How can I get the userconfig to work? I mean. I know how to do it I've changed my name and saved it but still it refuses to work in-game. Anyone got any ideas?

There's new interact keys now, mine's right print (personal) and right windows (objects/people etc). Have you tried them? You don't use the old method anymore.

Hard to say currently. I've seen some servers using it allready, about 10 or more servers, like USSOCOM for example. Hope there will be more in the near future like it is the situation in A2 currently, where about 80% of the servers are running ACE (hey guys, switch over to OA, we need you :p)

We have switched to A2CO, but we are waiting for a stable release.

So when the first stable release comes out we're all over it.

I know this gives you less feedback, but we don't have the resources to test properly.

I do love your work, so we're going to stick to you guys!

There's new interact keys now, mine's right print (personal) and right windows (objects/people etc). Have you tried them? You don't use the old method anymore.

Yes, They goggles/Mask stays gray. :<

somebody can confirm that the ace FCS tank is bugged ?

I can't confirm. Be aware of minimum lasing range.

First tab activates FCS, second tab activates laser.

Rate me late, but rucksacks / on back function don't work

(ACE Rucks.)

Working perfectly here.

I haven't had the FCS on the abrams work for some time now, always sends the rounds straight out without compensating for the distance I put in (it shows the correct range, doesn't just flash).

Great work so far. :bounce3:

A question: Is there a HowTo on how to add the ACE_Countermeassures to a 3rd party addon?

Thanks

Best reagards

The ACE2 countermeasures have been removed in v1.5, I believe.

I thought there used to be that info in the WAGN but I don't see it anymore.

I could be wrong about this though.

Good luck.

EDIT:

Been checking the WAGN but I can't find anything in the search about them any more. Not even that they've been removed as a feature. Odd, I must be missing it.

Edited by Manzilla

They were presumably removed to allow ACE aircraft to use the new counter-measure system that comes with OA (pressing 'R' as the pilot). Thats probably the bets way to go about adding counter-measures for now, until ACE re-add their system (assuming they plan to re-add their systme, I'm just guesisng here).

So I took the plunge and downloaded the Mod, got a few problems.

There is no sound to speak of. As if the game is on mute, I installed with Six Updater and my launch parameters are as followed " nosplash "-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM" "

Tried searching around to no avail.

Thats probably the bets way to go about adding counter-measures for now, until ACE re-add their system (assuming they plan to re-add their systme, I'm just guesisng here).

Currently no plan to re-add our system which is basically the same.

Wagn entry was removed accidentally.

There is no sound to speak of. As if the game is on mute, I installed with Six Updater and my launch parameters are as followed " nosplash "-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM" "

What do you mean ? You have no sound at all or just the AI voices missing ?

For the latter one...

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1070150

Xeno

What do you mean ? You have no sound at all or just the AI voices missing ?

For the latter one...

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=1070150

Xeno

No sound at all. From clicking on the menu to the noise from guns and vehicles are all missing. It's essentially like playing the game without any speakers...

No sound at all. From clicking on the menu to the noise from guns and vehicles are all missing. It's essentially like playing the game without any speakers...

Try downloading an older version (such as 1.3 for Arma 2, if you own the game) to see if the problem is consistent between versions. And I assume the problem fixes itself when the mods aren't loaded in the startup command line?

Make sure you have no spaces after the ';'-s in your command line. Also, you have a dash missing in front of nosplash. I had very weird issues in OA when I missed a dash in front of a parameter.

Hi. i have a problem with ace 1.3 final.

i can't use claymore. and with domination ACE 2.11 on an Ace dedi server , i can't use any artillery or supply air drop feature. i can't even use sight adjustement with this ace domination missions, (M110sd).

i think my ace install is somewhat broken. because at each start , i have an ace_client_side.config error message. even with a fresh install of last ace 1.3 release.

thanks for help. i really want use claymore and all other feature. it piss me off , i can't find any way to make it work . :(

EDIT:

okay , i put the store/ace_client_side in my userconfig. i too found that sight evelation is now shfit - V. okay for that. but i still don't understand how to use gazmask (i put my name in clientside file) and claymore...

Edited by gL33k

A More Human Way Explaining What this mod does would be helpful thanks alot :).
More human than what? What specifically have you read so far? Please enlighten us as to the problems with the overview of what ACE is that's present on the ACE homepage, the link to which you can find in the first post of this thread. You have read that one, haven't you?

arma 1.07.71750 domi ace 2.11 east AI, i was in driveable chut , when a M163 fired on me near ground, then my arma.exe crashed.

damn it . arma and / or ACE might be never stable... :/

Are Earplugs option only for ACE heavy weapons, I added a US ammo box (OA) a tried all heavy weapons and get no ear plugs option under app key menu/masks.

If I add a standard US soldier (OA) with heavy weapon it shows up, the units I was using with ammo box was new mcnools units. So .. is it specific to the unit your using the weopon with, or should it detect any heavy weapon in AO/A2 regardless of unit your playing?

BTW using latest beta/latest Ace update and combined ops and testing on takistan map.

EDIT, I just noticed that mcnools doesnt have an ACE specific version of his units, so just so im getting it right, the unit creator has to make the unit ACE compatible for it to latch onto its features such as medic/ear plugs for heavy gunner etc, is that correct?

Edited by mrcash2009

@Xeno

Is it part of the beta that explosive charges such as the M4, Claymore etc.

don't work?

Edit: It seems that the spotting telescope isn't working too! :D

There's nothing wrong with the explosives, but their handling were moved to the interaction and self-interaction menus.

The spotting scope as well. Quite a few things are in the self-interaction menu, you should look in it sometime.

Please provide repro steps at our tracker, I guess it's related to TI weaons. The same key is used to switch between TI modes and NVG (which I personally don't like at all and could have been done better by BIS).

And yes, we removed the BIS system from some sniper weapons allready (simply because snipers don't use 100 m steps in RL).

Not what I meant. One of the weapons affected is the Lee-Enfield. It still has the old BIS BDC system, which conflicts with the key bindings for the NVG adjustment system. It would be ideal if you disabled the BIS system for every weapon that has it, not just scoped weapons.

A More Human Way Explaining What this mod does would be helpful thanks alot :).

Read the features list, or just skim the headings.

Not what I meant. One of the weapons affected is the Lee-Enfield. It still has the old BIS BDC system, which conflicts with the key bindings for the NVG adjustment system. It would be ideal if you disabled the BIS system for every weapon that has it, not just scoped weapons.

You know what's also possible?

Changing the keys for BDC.

Or the keys to adjust the night vision sensitivity.

I'm not saying anything about what ACE will do with the BIS BDC, but as sickboy's been saying; try looking for solutions rather than complaining about percieved problems.

Hi, I have a few questions.

1. when i place the ace ammo crates and then check them they seem to be missing half of the guns that were in the arma 2 version of ACE ? is this normal ? im missing all the guns with the ace eotech/holo sights etc. there were many more guns in the arma 2 version of ACE than i am seeing in this OA version... am i doing something wrong ?2

2. i find the gear menu to be kinda weird to control, its almost as if something is trying to take over my mouse.

Sorry if these questions have already been answered but i dont have time to read the whole thread !!

any response would be appreciated !

I've had that mouse problem since before ACE. After being in game, and then going into some sort of mouse menu, (be it the main menu, or the gear menu) I will frequently encounter this problem where my mouse control seems to be messed up. It will sort of stutter around when I try to move it, instead of behaving smoothly and normally.