Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

To the person asking about earplugs, etc. It used to be part of your action menu, but now you have to press that weird I don't know what it is key between your right windows key and right control. Looks like a scroll menu with a cursor. Either that, or it *may* be your right windows key, but for me it's that "other" key.

Hope that helps! That gave me a headache for a long time too until someone pointed it out to me on a server =)

Edit: And yes, the profile update is something you have to do as well

Yep you're right, It's that "Scroll" key.

Thanks for the help guys.

Well, since I'm not getting OA and my days of updating ACE are at an end, I have some end game questions.

I am getting a nonserious error message about missing scripts for the BMD-1 *every* damn time I preview a mission in the editor. Can I get rid of this somehow before it fills up my entire hard drive with .rpt files?

Can I remove the PGO-7 scope, either entirely or at least from the NAPA fighters for whom it is totally inappropriate? If not, could someone tell me how to use the damn thing? It does not adjust in any way that I can tell, and there are no markings for different ranges.

Bearing in mind that I don't use ACE in multiplayer, can I delete ace_sys_air_fcs without my game exploding in a hail of radioactive shrapnel? I suspect it causes problems with Mando Missiles, which overrides all its functions anyways.

And strangely, now that I have deleted every sound mod except (old-style) ACE_SM, I don't get any ear-ringing or screen blur effects from launchers and machine guns. What could have caused this?

Thanks for a great ride and a great mod, and I hope someone can help me out.

Edited by maturin

Yea it was fun, too bad they screwed over a lot of their users the way this was handled. Pity.

Well, since I'm not getting OA and my days of updating ACE are at an end, I have some end game questions.

I am getting a nonserious error message about missing scripts for the BMD-1 *ever* damn time I preview a mission in the editor. Can I get rid of this somehow before it fills up my entire hard drive with .rpt files?

Can I remove the PGO-7 scope, either entirely or at least from the NAPA fighters for whom it is totally inappropriate? If not, could someone tell me how to use the damn thing? It does not adjust in any way that I can tell, and there are no markings for different ranges.

Bearing in mind that I don't use ACE in multiplayer, can I delete ace_sys_air_fcs without my game exploding in a hail of radioactive shrapnel? I suspect it causes problems with Mando Missiles, which overrides all its functions anyways.

Thanks for a great ride and a great mod, and I hope someone can help me out.

See above post

Can someone tell why six updater now thinks I have OA stand alone, and just redownloaded ace? I have steam versions of A2 and OA, and I checked for an update today, and it redownloaded everything into the OA folder. Do I need CBA_AO if I'm running the mod out of the OA folder, but running combined ops?

Yea it was fun, too bad they screwed over a lot of their users the way this was handled. Pity.

Bravo! That's constructive.

Why don't said users put in their time, or offer it. They are a limited team.

Nevermind, how can I remove the whole thing entirely? I just read an army field manual on how to use the sight and the thing sends rockets straight into the ground. You have to aim at a tank 100m away by using the mark for 500m. The rangefinder works nicely, the scope just appears to be tilted down and doesn't work at all.

Yea I was playing this mod every day in fact, so Im slightly peeved off about it now that I can't. I dont have to offer my time, Im an end user of the product

and Im not the only one whos confused/angry/pissed off & plain 'out of the game' I guess if your in a clan and have the benefit of uber geek help to make it all work thats awesome, average user joe here is screwed though!

Bravo! That's constructive.

Why don't said users put in their time, or offer it. They are a limited team.

We were all warned that ACE for OA would be coming out and when it would be coming out. I fail to see why everyone is crying that they were caught with their pants down.

You don't need to be in a clan or seek uber geek help, just read through this thread and .... AND, search this thread for answers. There is also ACE documentation.

If I can figure this out, anyone can.

You don't need to be in a clan or seek uber geek help, just read through this thread and .... AND, search this thread for answers. There is also ACE documentation.

If I can figure this out, anyone can.

So how would you get rid of the PGO-7? Any future fix for that glitch will cost thirty bucks.

So how would you get rid of the PGO-7? Any future fix for that glitch will cost thirty bucks.

removeweapon \ addweapon.

Can´t edit the mission? Live with that or remove the mod and stop complaining about those little things.

hey, im using the standalone OA only. where can i find a list of what kind of Changed ACE offers to OA, then just using OA out of the box??

removeweapon \ addweapon.

Can´t edit the mission? Live with that or remove the mod and stop complaining about those little things.

Thanks for the help, not so much for attitude. Oh, the mod only broke the most common anti-tank weapon ever and won't fix it unless I buy a new game. What a whiner I am.

For every person coming to wail about how Sickboy has betrayed them, there are two busybodies who flame people with legitimate problems. The authors don't need a fanboy shield, figure it out.

Edit: And does anyone think there will be serious side effects if I delete ace_sys_air_fcs?

Thanks for the help, not so much for attitude. Oh, the mod only broke the most common anti-tank weapon ever and won't fix it unless I buy a new game. What a whiner I am.

For every person coming to wail about how Sickboy has betrayed them, there are two busybodies who flame people with legitimate problems. The authors don't need a fanboy shield, figure it out.

Edit: And does anyone think there will be serious side effects if I delete ace_sys_air_fcs?

Is there some one poiting a gun to your head and saying "If you dont play ACE i blow up your brain?"

No one is forcing you to play the mod, your like it? Good!! IF dont "Drop it" and stoping trolling ¬¬

If dont like something, be contrutctive at least! NAPA with PGO scope sims to be wrong becouse they have low budget? Well... open a ticket on dev heaven on ACE2 tracker and see what aswer you get.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues?set_filter=1

You are a final user of their product? If you has been paying for it, them you would be able to be angry about something.

Wy in hell people like to demand something like they paid from a mod wich they got for FREE"?

Is there some one poiting a gun to your head and saying "If you dont play ACE i blow up your brain?"

No one is forcing you to play the mod, your like it? Good!! IF dont "Drop it" and stoping trolling ¬¬

If dont like something, be contrutctive at least! NAPA with PGO scope sims to be wrong becouse they have low budget? Well... open a ticket on dev heaven on ACE2 tracker and see what aswer you get.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues?set_filter=1

You are a final user of their product? If you has been paying for it, them you would be able to be angry about something.

Wy in hell people like to demand something like they paid from a mod wich they got for FREE"?

I'm not angry at ACE or any of its devs and I'm not demanding anything. I was asking for help.

But back up the truck. The mod has a glitch. You're attacking me for not happily accepting the glitch and for trying to find a solution? Should I have uninstalled the entire mod and undo all its improvements and the massive effort that went into it because certain people in this thread are hysterical? Should I have done that so as not to pollute this thread with my loathsome post?

Ok then.

Edit: And for chrissakes, posting things on devheaven doesn't do me any good since I don't own OA and fixes will not be available to me. I suppose the ACE team could release further stable A2 versions as they fix more bugs, but I obviously don't expect that. Mod makers are not beholden to their fans in any way, but neither is the reverse true, and I don't understand the attitude that the user is always at fault when there are glitches.

Edited by maturin

Rename the file and test it. Test it ingame and see if any errors occur, if not you can leave it like that. No need to delete it.

hey, im using the standalone OA only. where can i find a list of what kind of Changed ACE offers to OA, then just using OA out of the box??

??:confused::confused:

How do I install ACE2 1.3 - I hear I cannot use Six updater - Iv tried, nothing gets changed . I downloaded each of the 4 1.3 ACE2 modules and replaced the original ACE ones in my ARMA2 folder, now ACE doesnt get launched ? - the target line has stayed the same as the folders names havent changed ...

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@LandTex3 -nosplash -mod=@modfolder;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@zcommon_ace -nosplash

This is what I used before and ACE worked fine...

Edited by cartier90

I don't blame the ACE time for any frustrations, my god people are whining.

What do you mean? I'm talking about the typo. Did you try changing it to a different key then the Windows keys.

If it ain't working you're doing something wrong. You need to change the key assignment in the ace_keys.hpp in the userconfig\ace folder if you don't have a windows key.

I've changed it to the following:

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // APP

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // WINR

shift = 0;

};

So it must be the RIGHT windows key but it still doesn't do a thing..

BTW the original setting was a typo too. That's working for a friend of mine but not for me so perhaps all the keys are typos?

Edited by |TW| Quintus

??:confused::confused:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features

The list isn't complete, there are more features in ACE (AI talk, plane effects like vapour, flyby sound, sonic boom, etc, etc) and some of them got dropped in favour of the OA featues, like camshake for example.

Beside all the features there are gazillion of config changes (plus new weapons and vehicles).

I've changed it to the following:

// Interaction

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // WINR

shift = 0;

So it must be the RIGHT windows key but it still doesn't do a thing..

220 is WinL and 221 is app key on my keyboard. Give it a try.

Keyboard layouts are different.

Xeno

Hi guys if i dld the latest version of yoma tools can I get all the ace files needed for Arma 2 and OA?

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work. I've changed it back to the original:

// Interaction

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

};

Still doesn't work on 3 different keyboards.

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work. I've changed it back to the original:

Still doesn't work on 3 different keyboards.

Do other ACE related keys work ingame (like weaponrest or roundcount) ? Any hints in your RPT ?

Location of the <ArmA 2/OA folder>\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp file correct ?

Xeno

Is there an ArmA2-compatible version still available for DL, or having just ArmA2 is like driving a Trabant among Ferraris?