Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Should NAPA really have the PGO-7 mounted on every RPG launcher? Seems sort of high tech for them, and I would rather have the choice of using a scope or not.

Just a quick question, sorry if it was asked - will ACE for OA retrofit original AA2 weapons with working IR lasers, flashlights and working secondary optics (f.e. ACOG on M16s has a perfect model for that)?

I have ACE2 for ARMA2 and CTD when I try to rest my weapon against a wall ?, shift space is the default setting ...any reason for this ?

I have ACE2 for ARMA2 and CTD when I try to rest my weapon against a wall ?, shift space is the default setting ...any reason for this ?

Download the latest stable release for ArmA 2, 1.3 that is.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

Xeno

Hi,

are the two missiosn "ACE2 demo1" and "ACE2 Tutorial: air refuelling" supposed to work yet?

When I try the ACE2 Demo1 I get a message saying that the file "ace_sys_help" is missing when I try to load the air refuelling tutorial the file missing is "cba_oa_main"

I was just wondering if I did something wrong with my ACE2 update or if it is normal.

thanks

p.s.

I've arma 2 and arrowhead in two different directory (steam version).

In the arma2 folder I have put the ACE2 1.3 and in the OA folder I've put the 1.5

I launch the game as combined ops with @ace @acex @acex_sm @cba mod installed. I even tryed to use the @cba_oa but nothing changes.

Xeno - thankyou - Ive tried to update through Six updater - and not a lot seems to happen ?

Edited by cartier90

I have never seen a M1 firing in RL with black/grey smoke clouds coming out of the barrel.

Xeno

I don't think he is talking of smoke from barrel but rather dust/dirt whirling up from ground around tank due to the blastwave.

Xeno - thankyou - Ive tried to update through Six updater - and not a lot seems to happen ?

I dont think you can update to v1.3 via the updater anymore. I believe it now has v1.5+(you need OA for it now). If you don't have OA you will have to use v1.3 ACE2. You need to use the DL link for that and not the Six Updater.

From now on if you use the Updater you must have OA as well. Going forward ACE2 requires OA for all updates/releases. I believe this is the case.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Just a quick question, sorry if it was asked - will ACE for OA retrofit original AA2 weapons with working IR lasers, flashlights and working secondary optics (f.e. ACOG on M16s has a perfect model for that)?

It's been mentioned before. You'll have to search the thread or the WAGN. I don't know the answer to that and I doubt the devs will comment on it anymore since they have already.

Good luck.

Any plans of changing the SCARs fire sound ? I dont like it at all, I know I can use any other mods or dont use any but I like all other ACE sounds. :D

Thanks.

Anyone ? :)

Whats the problem with it?

For some reason I get the Self_Interaction_Menu to work. My Ace_Keys is located in D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE and my Profile name has been added to ace_clientside_config. Inside my Ace_keys the menu has been set to the following:

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

However, when I press the Left Windows button, nothing happens (For instance I want to put on my tactical glasses). When I set it to alt r or alt l, it doesn't work either... I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here.

Edited by |TW| Quintus

the column that says "Author ACE?" true/false covers that ;)

also, you can sort by Combined Ops or OA only at the top.

So anything with "true" is available in OA standalone as well?

For some reason I get the Self_Interaction_Menu to work. My Ace_Keys is located in D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE and my Profile name has been added to ace_clientside_config. Inside my Ace_keys the menu has been set to the following:

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

However, when I press the Left Windows button, nothing happens (For instance I want to put on my tactical glasses). When I set it to alt r or alt l, it doesn't work either... I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here.

Mine too is setup like that, but its the RIGHT Windows Key that works (not sure why it says WIN L, it does in my file too). The self interaction Menu is accessed via the key just to the right of the right windows key.

That's nice, I don't have a RIGHT Windows key _0-. I've also tried all the keys i've got to the right of my SPACE key but they don't work either.

I found an ACE Artillery module in the editor. Is that functional right now? Is there any documentation for it?

So anything with "true" is available in OA standalone as well?

True means that it is added by ACE. You can use the bar at the top of the page to filter what game combination you want. For example, only gear in OA etc.

I found an ACE Artillery module in the editor. Is that functional right now? Is there any documentation for it?

http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#BI_Artillery

Mine too is setup like that, but its the RIGHT Windows Key that works (not sure why it says WIN L, it does in my file too). The self interaction Menu is accessed via the key just to the right of the right windows key.

It's been like that since the beginning. Yup someone should change the "win L" thing. Unless there's a reason for it of course. Maybe our keyboard is "special". ;)

Whats the problem with it?
Its just my feeling that it just not sounds good, I am sure there is also some better sound, but if you are satisfied with it, then okay. :)

Hey Xeno, ran into another problem running the standalone OA...Im usin cba_oa and I get this error before start up.

Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CATracked_AAV'

Also I used Six updater this time, everything downloaded fine, but I use Yoma to launch my mods, but I doubt thats a issue, but just wanted to bring that up.

Edited by CodyLang

It's been like that since the beginning. Yup someone should change the "win L" thing. Unless there's a reason for it of course. Maybe our keyboard is "special". ;)

I've tried it with another keyboard that does have the key, but it doesn't work on that either.

I've tried it with another keyboard that does have the key, but it doesn't work on that either.

What do you mean? I'm talking about the typo. Did you try changing it to a different key then the Windows keys.

If it ain't working you're doing something wrong. You need to change the key assignment in the ace_keys.hpp in the userconfig\ace folder if you don't have a windows key.

Manzilla - thanks for the info , I will download V1.3 - do I simply replace my existing ACE2 Core, eXtras, SM and addons with the newly downloaded ones within the ARMA folder. I used the six updater before and heard the alternative was complex.

EDIT - do i actually need to download all 4 parts ?, have they all changed from V1 ?