Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

In OA, when a tank fires the mian cannon, there will be 2 main effects. One is fire effect of the cannon, the other is dust blow caused by the firing shock.

Tried the latest 377 ace2, ace + acex , tanks have no dust blow effect. Hope ace team to get rid of this 'bug' of mods.

I'm guessing there's no way for earplugs to be automatically given as a default to machine gunners (without editing each mission to say this addweapon "ace_earplugs") The ear ringing, while cool, is unbearable and when you play a non-ace mission with a machinegunner.. well you pretty much have to switch weapons as soon as feasible to avoid going deaf. I also feel like you go deaf a little too quickly... at least for a game. I would think howitzer shells landing withing 5 meters of me would be much more deafening, but you only get a temporary ear buzz with that. I'm not asking for a change in the effect, but is there anyway to have the default MG units get earplugs added?

Just a thought, might create a ticket later bur right now it's just a mindplay.

Could we have both flashlights and the "NV laser"? Most modern rifles have both, and is there someway to code it to use both in the game?

I'm guessing there's no way for earplugs to be automatically given as a default to machine gunners

Please add missing unit class names in the follwoing ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11840#change-57923

We have allready updated many classes, available with the next ACE update (friday).

Concerning the ringing sound and so on, it will change, but it's not done yet.

fadeSound scripting command finally works in OA.

Could we have both flashlights and the "NV laser"? Most modern rifles have both, and is there someway to code it to use both in the game?

No idea if that will work as both are added via config and both use the same key for activation (L ?!?). So you might end up with flashlight and laser on at the same time... but, haven't tested it yet.

Xeno

you can change the L key for ACE flash light and keep L for IR laser , no ?

In OA, when a tank fires the mian cannon, there will be 2 main effects. One is fire effect of the cannon, the other is dust blow caused by the firing shock.

I have never seen a M1 firing in RL with black/grey smoke clouds coming out of the barrel.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

No idea if that will work as both are added via config and both use the same key for activation (L ?!?). So you might end up with flashlight and laser on at the same time... but, haven't tested it yet.

When I tried it, neither worked switched on when L was pressed.

I'm currently using the now redundant sight-switching function of norrin's scripts for AAW to switch between weapon models/classes with lasers and lights instead of scopes and backup sights.

Any plans of changing the SCARs fire sound ? I dont like it at all, I know I can use any other mods or dont use any but I like all other ACE sounds. :D

Thanks.

Nevermind.

Edited by rexehuk

Hi guys just got back from england and bought OA ....

Installed OA and then run my six updater , however it doesnt update OA or anything not even Arma2.. Can anyone give me some help here thanks ..

I was playing the Czech machinegunner with that M60 with a grip ( Can't remember the actual name of the version ) and noticed the ACE Sounds have a distant echo on the weapon, sounds very nice, problem is it's always a 3-round burst echo.

You shoot 1 shot, the echo is a burst, you shoot 10, it's also a burst.

why don't you support some ACE units anymore from version 1.3 to 1.5?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

Several classes have been removed due to several reasons, mostly for a seamless compatibility for OA-standalone users, and OA's factions.

This is also a nice opportunity to make ACEX more modular, in terms of modfolders.

As such, we are planning future ACEX expansions...

Hey When i'm trying to start ace it says something like acex_men_gear requires version 1.5 i do have patch 1.5 i dont get this and when i go into the game it says some stuff like 40mm or something like that do i have to update to 1.7 of the game i have the regular arma2

Hey When i'm trying to start ace it says something like acex_men_gear requires version 1.5 i do have patch 1.5 i dont get this and when i go into the game it says some stuff like 40mm or something like that do i have to update to 1.7 of the game i have the regular arma2

Did you update ACE recently? You need to delete it all and download 1.3 again from the link in the first post and refrain from using Six Updater unless you're updating the Arrowhead installation.

Did you update ACE recently? You need to delete it all and download 1.3 again from the link in the first post and refrain from using Six Updater unless you're updating the Arrowhead installation.

Alright thanks :) i guess i gotta install it all over again :(

Ok this is driving me crazy, How in gods name can I use Items like the Gas Mask, earplugs, balaclava, glasses, ect ect ? I can equip them but I can't figure-out how to use them, I press every button on my keyboard and I even checked the "ACE_Keys" file but I still can't find the way to do it.

Someone should make a "How to use ACE features" video for new ACE player :)

Should search in the proper documentation: HERE or HERE.

To get the earplugs, gasmask, tactical glasses etc to work there are a couple of things you need to do.

1. Go into your Arma 2/Userconfig/ACE folder. (NOT to be confused with @ACE/userconfig folder)

2. Then open ace_clientside_config.hpp in notepad or similar and scroll down to class Identity.

3. Replace name = "John Doe"; with name = "<your_profile_name>";

Example: if the name of the profile is "VKing" then you would add => name = "VKing";

If you did it right the masks and goggles should be working in-game.

Pick them up from the ace special weapons crate, and activate them from the action menu.

Credits: Thanks to VKing for creating this over at 6thSense.eu.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/search/GasMask#

Should search in the proper documentation: HERE or HERE.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/search/GasMask#

Will try ASAP, Thanks

It didn't work :( I followed the instruction but it did not work, I went into "ace_clientside_config" file and i edit this:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "Flea";

};

(Flea is my profile name)

Edited by Jonn

Ok this is driving me crazy, How in gods name can I use Items like the Gas Mask, earplugs, balaclava, glasses, ect ect ? I can equip them but I can't figure-out how to use them, I press every button on my keyboard and I even checked the "ACE_Keys" file but I still can't find the way to do it.

There's so much if that info around it's silly. You need to make a change to the ace_clientside_config.hpp in the userconfig/ACE folder. The WAGN has the correct info. That's in the first post, along with all the other useful links.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Will try ASAP, Thanks

It didn't work :( I followed the instruction but it did not work, I went into "ace_clientside_config" file and i edit this:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "Flea";

};

(Flea is my profile name)

There's a bunch of other stuff that's need from the A2 player profile.

Mine looks like this:

class Identity
{
face="Default";
glasses="None";
speaker="Male01";
pitch=1;
squad="";
name = "Dan";
};

It's gotta match what's in the player profile. To find this consult the WAGN.

EDIT:

Not sure why that doesn't work. I think you may need the other info from the player profile file.

To the person asking about earplugs, etc. It used to be part of your action menu, but now you have to press that weird I don't know what it is key between your right windows key and right control. Looks like a scroll menu with a cursor. Either that, or it *may* be your right windows key, but for me it's that "other" key.

Hope that helps! That gave me a headache for a long time too until someone pointed it out to me on a server =)

Edit: And yes, the profile update is something you have to do as well