Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Hey everyone ...

i have a problem .. i played with ace since arma2 ... yesterday i installed the new update for Combinde OA/A2.

Then i select the ace mod with CBA & ACE & ACEx in my extensions.

But i cant turn theese mods off again ?!?!

there is no way to turn ACE & ACEx & CBA off again ?!?!

the only thin i can switch to off is acex_sm .... all other ace stuff looks like a Mainpart of the game like Arowwhead oder arma2 itself.

Help meeeeee :eek:

Open your OA profile and you'll see the ace related stuff in mod section. Remove them and restart arma

Is there a problem running ace with the latest OA beta i am getting script error warning when i use the beta . put is is fine with out it.

Why Explosive Reactive armour didnt work on russians tanks T72-B and T-90?

It does work, it gives a very good boost against CE based weapons. As explained here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100102. And here is the T-90 config showing the ERA values.

ace_era = 1;

ace_era_blocks_hull[] = {4, 3, 3, 0, 0};

ace_era_blocks_turret[] = {6, 1, 1, 0, 5};

ace_era_coverage_hull[] = {0.9, 0.5, 0.5, 0, 0};

ace_era_coverage_turret[] = {0.7, 0.3, 0.3, 0, 0.3};

ace_era_hull[] = {{200, 450}, {50, 300}, {50, 300}, {0, 0}, {50, 300}, {0, 0}};

ace_era_turret[] = {{250, 600}, {250, 600}, {250, 600}, {0, 0}, {50, 120}};

So the ERA adds 600 mm of protection from CE to the turret on the front, left and right. Which have 70%, 30%, 30% coverage respectively with 6,1,1 amount of ERA blocks, so after x amount of hits the blocks are gone and no longer offer any protection.

And here the M1A1 with no ERA

ace_era = 0;

This system is a masterpiece, doing a great job with a limited engine.

Edited by SAbre4809

Hi folks, I do not consider myself a computer illiterate or "special" - I've ran ACE before... I built my PC...but I am now completely baffled how you guys understand how to install ACE2 OA. This is how it goes:

1. I have the latest Six-Updater

2. The GUI takes me to its updater website

3. At this point the installation instructions on the ACE website tell me to choose the "
A.C.E. Mod (Vanilla)
" preset

But there is no such preset! The presets on the site are as follows:

- A.C.E. (Op. Arrowhead)

- Vanilla (ArmA 2)

- Vanilla (Op. Arrowhead)

Additionally each preset is devided into setting for:

- OA Vanilla and

- Vanilla

*I note also at this point that the list of the mods (showing on the right on that website) shows @CBA_OA as one of the available mods but none of the presets install that. But anyway, moving on....

4. Then no matter what preset I choose, when I execute the "installation and update", ACE2 gets installed into the Arma2 directory and not Arma OA directory, and as far as I know the latter is needed if you wanted to start Combined Operations with ACE. The mods for CO have to be in OA folder. Or am I wrong on this and there is another way?

5..........So at this point in the installation I am not sure what to do - do I just move all the ACE2 folders from Arma2 fodler to the Arma2 OA folder like I had done when I first got Operation Arriowhead (and back then it worked btw!) ? If I do that and then add the mod-line
"D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\_runA2CO.cmd" "-noSplash" "-showScriptErrors" "-mod=@ACE;@CBA;@ACEX;@RTE;@SIX;@sthud"
to the
_runA2CO.cmd
shortcut (the way I normally start my OA mods) then the game refuses to start at all.

* Note: even if I try to start Arma2 with the latest download of Ace2 loaded, the game does not load ACE complaining about application version 1.5 not being present.

Can someone please let me know exactly the steps and which preset I have to download and what I do with the files to run ACE2 in combined operations, because I really do not think it is clear at the moment? - I just need a quick summary of the steps taking the above into account. Please please please for me and other dumbasses like me. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Jedo

Well I simply use Yoma, click on repro link of Kelly's hero's, add the server ... click check for addons, and then download, that's all its ever been for me ;)

Actualy i notice on Kelly's heros "CBA" and "CBA_OA" ... I had a problem as I picked "CBA_OA" (I am combined) and it was wrong. So Can it be explained .. I guess "CBA_OA" = Standalone OA ... "CBA" = Combined ? Which would be for Arma2 only? I just went back to my manual download version for now.

I have to say I downloaded initially not to use full ace but ACE_SM to replace stock BS OA weapons, SCARS ... man they are nice, great work. I have this lower priority to CSM2 (with ACE dependent config off) and it all works rather nice.

You need to go into the dev-heaven and read the six updater and ace documentation.

It is ACE Devs to give you exact solution but all I can tell you is,

1) If you have combined operations, and wish to play ACE with both A2 & OA, you need to have 2 versions of ACE. At the moment this is not possible with sixupdater. You must rename the 1.3 RC1 releases so that they are not overwritten by the new versions.

2) Six-updater by default is designed for combined ops clients who have all installed into ArmA2 directory. If you want to download into steam folder or OA folder or any other folder for that matter, you need to follow the method below.

3) You can create a setting in Sixupdater to create a custom download/update location.

You can create as many settings (they act as download path) and as many presets (they act as download mod lists and to where) you want. You can bind any setting (download path) to any preset.

So if you have OA installed into a separate folder and if you want to download stuff into there, create a setting in WebUI for the path, a new preset for the mods (or just bind it to an existing one) and use it. It will process that preset into that folder/path.

-In webUI Goto configuration/settings

-Create a new setting

-Enter the new info there, like the path you want this setting to use. Modpath is your "download-to" location.

-Go to configuration/preset

-Create a new preset.

-Enter the infos you want and select the mods you want to download.

-Leave the "server" empty

-You'll see that you are able to enter the new settings you've created. Select the setting you just created.

-Select "install/update" as the action and save.

-Goto main

-Select your preset and click on save below so that it is saved to a default file and you can update using the console version directly.

If you choose to use Yoma's AddonSync you can select the appropriate repository and download to the folder you specify. I've setup a separate repo for old ACE-A2 and new ACE-OA. Click on the repo link in my sig if you have YAS. All 3 repos are also in the "Default Servers" tab in YAS.

Edited by Cross

MrCash: Yes the CBA_OA is for stand alone. CBA is for CO. ;)

MrCash: Yes the CBA_OA is for stand alone. CBA is for CO. ;)

Ok cool thanks mate :)

You need to go into the dev-heaven and read the six updater and ace documentation.

It is ACE Devs to give you exact solution but all I can tell you is,

1) If you have combined operations, and wish to play ACE with both A2 & OA, you need to have 2 versions of ACE. At the moment this is not possible with sixupdater. You must rename the 1.3 RC1 releases so that they are not overwritten by the new versions.

Ok, so if I have 2 separate folders: 1 Arma2 folder and 1 separate Arma2OA folder and I want to launch Combined Operations via that cmd file I usually use (in the OA folder) then do I:

1. ...only need one version of ACE2 with the latest 1.5 beta files (except for CBA_OA files because it is for OA standalone and not for those trying to play the game as C Operations) so that I have the following mod folders in my OA folder:

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_SM

@CBA

@RTE

@SIX

@sthud

OR

2. ...need two Versions of ACE, one being the ACE2 1.3 and the other being ACE2 1.5 beta, both installed in OA folder so that my mod folders look as follows:

@ACE13RC1

@ACEX13RC1

@ACEX_SM13RC1

@CBA13RC1

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_SM

@CBA

@RTE

@SIX

@sthud

?

This is the part which I definitely did not understand from any of the ACE documentation.

Now I ask this to figure out what the right way is, but for the record, neither of the above ways work. The game will not load. Is it even possible to play ACE2 Combined Operations if you do not have a combined folder with A2 and A2OA in one but 2 different folders instead? Did anyone try/can confirm?

Edited by Jedo

I really need help beaucse of ACE OA i reinstalled both versions of ACE .

ARMA 2 and OA are installed in same folder .

So i installed the kelly heroes OA from yoma into this

D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion

and normals ace for A2 in this

D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

now how i can run it ??

want run only ACE OA without A2

then also the same for A2 ONLY without OA what i have to do ?

this is the command line i tried for OA

-mod=expansion\@ace;expansion\@acex;expansion\@acex_sm;expansion\@cba;expansion\@cba_oa;

Edited by Konrad1

... still being a little confused about what's the better method for loading ace 1.5 into the game (I'm just asking for CO 1.52 final -- not for CO 1.52.71952 = latest CO/OA-beta)

is it

1) doing it ingame with the internal mod launcher

or is it

2) "old school" meaning "-mod=..." in command line / link

the confusion comes by using method 2) when checking the loaded mods in the ingame mod launcher that "core" (=@ACE) is green-lighted (loaded!),"eXtras" (=@ACEX) is green-lighted (loaded!) and "CBA" (=@CBA) is green-lighted (loaded!)

but where is acex_sm ? it is not listed there, how do I know it is really loaded so by method 2) :confused: is it integrated in "eXtras" ? i have it of course in my command line, at last position but I cant get it confirmed as being loaded

and now the funny thing of it all: using method 1) all parts are listed ingame and green, so they all are being loaded by method 1) and not being complete loaded by 2) ?? of course that could only to be said if I knew for sure that in game mod launcher was "bug-free", of what I am confused, too when reading the posts here ...

can someone free me of confusion or just telling me "Yes, it's safe to put all mods into command line and give nothing for what in game mod launcher tells you :)"

Thx

And here is the T-90 config showing the ERA values....

We have found out that the ArmA 2 T90 doesn't use the correct bisurf files (only the ArmA 2 T90 model has that issue).

This means that the penetration values are wrong in OA for the T90 and it somehow breaks our vehicle damage system (and probably it causes issues for vanilla OA too).

The same is true for the ACE M1 (ACE model). Both issues will be fixed with the next beta release.

Beside that a lot of config work was done over the weekend.

Eta for ACEX_RU, ACEX_USMC/ACEX_USNAVY unknown yet.

Xeno

Hello everyone.

I'm curious to know if there is a link that explains exactly how to roll back to ACE 1.3. I know it can be done, I just can't figure out how. My guild had a few guys update even after we told them not to. :(

I dug around in this and other threads and can't seem to find any documentation.

Appreciate any replies.

So CDF\NAPA are out?

No, allmost all config changes regarding the ArmA 2 factions are still in ACE core (and will most likely remain there).

It's just the additional models, weapons, etc, that will be part of of the new ACEX_<faction> folders.

And as we didn't have any CDF or NAPA specific models.... :)

Xeno

Oh, so the ACE_(units) will be only those that were provided in the ACE 1.3, like Desert USMC, SEAL, etc, NOT BIS content like USMC Woodland, CDF... ?

Thanks for your time =)

Am trying to use Six Updater for the standalone OA, does that work? If not then that's okay, at least it answers the next two problems. :D

At the moment I'm getting a problem which is that none of the mirrors seems to respond. Then sometimes I get an rsync error about a Cygheap and a Cygwin .dll file that makes no sense to me at all.

I've used the settings to make sure it's looking in the right place and it appears that it is set up for OA Standalone in the config.

Pretty baffled to be honest.

Also here's a dancing banana. :yay:

EDITED TO ADD:

Nevermind, fixed it. I was using Bitdefender as my anti-virus and it was causing issues.

Edited by Hovis

i found some bugs,

At Tracers are not working...

rifle tracers have disapeared.

now i cant not more update ? how i can reset all stuff in sixupdater

Why do you wanna roll back? Everyones gonna be playing Ace OA unless you wanna play by yourself..thats how its gonna be.

Hello everyone.

I'm curious to know if there is a link that explains exactly how to roll back to ACE 1.3. I know it can be done, I just can't figure out how. My guild had a few guys update even after we told them not to. :(

I dug around in this and other threads and can't seem to find any documentation.

Appreciate any replies.

okay, I am totally supportive of the ACE team and wouldnt play Arma without it, but I am very frustrated because the game will not load, I am not very computer savvy and at most understand directories but not editing files or anything like that, I have tried installing and uninstalling Ace Ive tried every preset on the six updater and its at the point that the game wont even load, I have combined operations and dont care about arma 2 any more just OA and really want to play, can someone please explain or something in what it is I need to do so that I can play, I have full faith you guys can fix this please help!

How do i disable the mod using the in-game mod launcher? Most of the ACE2 related mods can't be disabled because the button is grayed out.

Why do you wanna roll back? Everyones gonna be playing Ace OA unless you wanna play by yourself..thats how its gonna be.

I made a post explaining it around page 13 or so, but it went unanswered. I figured I got the interweb tl;dr response.

We have 12 guys or so in the guild playing ARMA II. Not everyone has OA just yet. Three of these guys (two of them that didn't have it and won't have it for a month or so) updated ACE at the direction of a guy who has it, but didn't read my forum post telling them not to do it until everyone had OA.

The roll back is merely for the ability for everyone to get back on to the same page until a stable version of ACE is out.

So, any help on the process or a link to that process would be helpful.

Thanks!

quick edit: We absolutely love ace and don't feel right playing without it. We're just being patient (well, some of us are anyway).

Yea join the club, I love the ACE mod but the way they handled this is pretty bad.

They shoulda just said 'Look, when OA comes out the current Ace will be REDUNDANT. Your gonna have to get OA and re-install the new ace for that'

Why go on pretending the old ace will work, or that anyone will be even PLAYING IT. Its kinda pointless to even try to roll back. Just buy OA and get the new ace, I guess.

okay, I am totally supportive of the ACE team and wouldnt play Arma without it, but I am very frustrated because the game will not load, I am not very computer savvy and at most understand directories but not editing files or anything like that, I have tried installing and uninstalling Ace Ive tried every preset on the six updater and its at the point that the game wont even load, I have combined operations and dont care about arma 2 any more just OA and really want to play, can someone please explain or something in what it is I need to do so that I can play, I have full faith you guys can fix this please help!

This is the part which I definitely did not understand from any of the ACE documentation.

Now I ask this to figure out what the right way is, but for the record, neither of the above ways work. The game will not load. Is it even possible to play ACE2 Combined Operations if you do not have a combined folder with A2 and A2OA in one but 2 different folders instead? Did anyone try/can confirm?

If you have arma2 and oa installed in separate folders than you need ace1.3 in arma2 folder and ace1.5 in OA folder. you dont them duplicated in each folder.

Do the setting changes as I described so that sixupdater downloads/updates ace1.5 in OA folder.