Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Why Explosive Reactive armour didnt work on russians tanks T72-B and T-90?

If your asking why it doesn't work for those tanks under ACE2 then.... Open up a damn ticket at DH. It's not because the devs are too proud or some other ridiculous conspiracy that those tanks aren't up to "your standards".

That's the place for such inquiries. If you make them here they get lost in the posts and the devs won't see it.

If there's sing you want addressed ask/mention it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

It's pretty simple.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Now I'm too afraid to install this Mod, I don't want to re-download ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA again.

That's not the devs fault. Get over it.

Edited by Manzilla

Open up a damn ticket at DH.

That's the place for such inquiries. If you make them here they get lost in the posts and the devs won't see it.

If there's sing you want addressed ask/mention it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

It's pretty simple.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

That's not the devs fault. Get over it.

WTF is up you're A$$ Captain D!ckHe@d ?

Now its split twice.

Ace Mod

Ace Mod OA

And oh by the way, when you try to update you'll get F**** over. I cant play anything right now as I cant get OA for a little while. Of course theres no way to tell what servers are playing straight Arma2, Ace, or Ace OA..what a cluster f***

GODAAMIT this is annoying

I'm sorry but all they did was make a very good mod that is popular for that reason. It It fixes a great many issues with ArmA2 and has some great other features. How is that 'wrecking' a community. Is it the mod teams job to babysit your server?

What it does is split the community into ACE and non ACE. Then the non-ACE have a huge host of different addons ANYWAY between them which further splits the non ACE group fragmenting MP even more. ACE just consolidates a group where you can join MANY servers with ease.

Edited by wildone_106

Yes, the world is really not a nice place anymore where people can't help themself and the only thing they can do is come to a forum and use the F word or insult others.

Xeno

ok guys i have a question. now i had original Arma2 and figured since i have that already ill just buy the arma2 operation arrowhead cd. now i installed that and figured that would make is combined forces as well, so use the ACE OA combined forces Preset? or would i still need to use the ACE Stand alone OA? also how would i combined to two if not combined once installed?

Yes, the world is really not a nice place anymore where people can't help themself and the only thing they can do is come to a forum and use the F word or insult others.

Xeno

Xeno dont even waste your time on this kind of stuff. There are bigger fish to fry. This mod is just one more notch in the teams effort to make this game great. Cant wait for future releases and getting back in to domi and other ace based missions.

Keep up the good work. Internet is full of poor souls, maybe more now after the release of OA that took some newbies that think MW2 and BC2 are the best games out there.

It suppose it's a shame but I honestly think you should just quit these forums, you've a committed enough userbase who'd probably really enjoy the chance to discuss ACE without the static inevitable here and with the freedom to run multiple threads the discussions would likely stay much better... well, threaded. When the spoilt brats whine like your spare time is theirs to command you can just delete their petulant whinging like it never happened.

OMG I finally got it to work thanks to Yoma Addon Sync, Six updater is lame.

Alright I got ACE:OA working after a couple hours of getting the games running together and it is great so far.

Jeez, more guns then I'll ever use. Actually, I will use them only it will take some time.

Can't wait to see some missions cranked out with this stuff; and can't wait to see what's next down the road in ACE.

Thanks,

Mike.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

@ABluntrifle

If you have them both installed in different directories or the games were purchased at different times as mine were, I simply combined them using a shortcut command line extension.

Here is a tidbit from instructions I wrote on my squad's website involving the combination of Arma2 and OA.

Post ACE2 Installation Process:

Running the games together (Arma2 and OA) is not difficult, but running them together WITH mods takes a little run around with command lines.

First go to your OA directory, right click Arma2OA.exe and create a short-cut on the desktop. Right click on that short-cut and select properties.

This is how your command line should look (or similarly for non-steam users) out of the box,

"Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"

We need to modify it to run Arma 2, OA itself and ACE2 mod.

What we are doing with the command line above is adding this portion:

"-mod=Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma 2; to point it towards Arma2 and after the semi colon we are adding Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION in order to enable the use of Arma2 simultaniously.

Lastly a semi colon is entered and you may add your typical mods. Be sure that you close out the line with the last " mark.

When all is said and done it will resemble mine below.

"Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma2;Y:\ProgramFiles(X86)\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\EXPANSION;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM"

Remember after EXPANSION if you do not wish to add any other mods simply close it off with " and not ; as listed above.

Cheers,

Mike.

WTF is up you're A$$ Captain D!ckHe@d ?

+1 infraction for that stupid outburst. :mad:

I didn't insult anyone?

Im mad at this situation since Arma2 ACE is the only game I play when I have limited free time, and now its crippled seemingly. Im mad at how theres no thought into making this mod easy for 'normal' users to understand. Sorry I dont have a degree in programming, engineering or 'haXiNg' so yea its a bit hard to figure out whats going on, what to do or how. No I dont have time to sift thru 30 pages of little tidbits of info here and there. The mod makers should put the latest updated methods at the top of the page if they want people to play. Its called being USER FRIENDLY. Its not.

Xeno

I didn't insult anyone?

Im mad at this situation since Arma2 ACE is the only game I play when I have limited free time, and now its crippled seemingly. Im mad at how theres no thought into making this mod easy for 'normal' users to understand. Sorry I dont have a degree in programming, engineering or 'haXiNg' so yea its a bit hard to figure out whats going on, what to do or how. No I dont have time to sift thru 30 pages of little tidbits of info here and there. The mod makers should put the latest updated methods at the top of the page if they want people to play. Its called being USER FRIENDLY. Its not.

The key word here is ACE 1.5 BETA If you want to play with out beta testing play 1.3 stable or wait for 1.5 stable.

Sorry I dont have a degree in programming, engineering or 'haXiNg' so yea its a bit hard to figure out whats going on, what to do or how. No I dont have time to sift thru 30 pages of little tidbits of info here and there.

So go play something more befitting your available time and technical ability, nobody here owes you a damned thing.

I didn't insult anyone?

m8, all needable links are on the first page. so just read a bit and it works also for you. and if you dont wanna put anytime into it arma/ace is the wrong game.

better you say thanks for there work, its free for you.

Hey everyone ...

i have a problem .. i played with ace since arma2 ... yesterday i installed the new update for Combinde OA/A2.

Then i select the ace mod with CBA & ACE & ACEx in my extensions.

But i cant turn theese mods off again ?!?!

there is no way to turn ACE & ACEx & CBA off again ?!?!

the only thin i can switch to off is acex_sm .... all other ace stuff looks like a Mainpart of the game like Arowwhead oder arma2 itself.

Help meeeeee :eek:

The Mod is good, But I want the "Radio Voices" back, Anyone know how i can turn Voices back on ?

The Mod is good, But I want the "Radio Voices" back, Anyone know how i can turn Voices back on ?

Look at

Arma2/OA - > userconfig/ACE/clientsideconfig

serach for: #define ACE_NOVOICE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still have the problem with turning ace off ;(

Hey, I've ran into a problem...Pretty much anything thats over a megabite won't download. Lets say I have a file thats 15 mb, it will download 14 of that then give me an error that says "Can not open file as archive". If its a 2 mb download it will download about 1.8 of it then give me that error, anything thats in KB will download just fine..something I don't understand, also I am using Yoma, and the Kelly Heroes as the config URL. Also the files say .pbo, but I've noticed the ones that give errors show up as example "ace_sys_air_refuel.pbo.7z"..So maybe thats why I am getting that error of why it can not open it?. please help! lol.

Edited by CodyLang

Look at

Arma2/OA - > userconfig/ACE/clientsideconfig

serach for: #define ACE_NOVOICE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still have the problem with turning ace off ;(

Is this the file: ace_clientside_config.hpp

How can i open HPP files ?

Thanks

Is this the file: ace_clientside_config.hpp

How can i open HPP files ?

Thanks

right click and open with Notepad ....

than you have to search for the line

#define ACE_NOVOICE

and you should change it to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

right click and open with Notepad ....

than you have to search for the line

#define ACE_NOVOICE

and you should change it to

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

Thanks for the help dude :yay:

The "Expansion" feature in ArmA2 OA is BUGED like hell...Do not use it..

If you can avoid it..

Use the good old way instead...EDIT INITLINE for each shortcut..

Its not bugged at all, you just need to know how to sort it to use the correct load-order (by moving them intio correct order from top to bottom). Its not exactly difficult to turn stuff off if something breaks, just edit your profile file, as numerous people including myself have already explained.