Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Well I deleted ace and reinstalled it using the ACE CO option. Now I get I am missing ACEX_PLA, and I am also missing a bunch of other stuff as well (like "ace_yawn02"), and for some reason my game is now freezing when I go into the gear box.

I am using the Arma 2 launcher,

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Bohemia Interactive;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@cba" "-name=z1ppz" -nosplash -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=2

I don't know what is going on but this ACE+Arma2+OA+No steam+Steam ect.....is making life very complicated.

Edited by zippy476

Again Im using the marine team leader as he has the acog that had scope or CQB mode in the past as a test.

Switching over to OA CQB sights is still WIP. Our own system is disabled (so no more SHIFT-F).

I don't know what is going on but this ACE+Arma2+OA+No steam+Steam ect.....is making life very complicated.

So is there any Steam user who got it working and can help out ?

Hard to find a solution for it if you simply don't have the Steam version.

Xeno

hi nice udapte but laser didn't work on your weapons and light too , is it possible to have light and IR laser ?

I've been using ACE fine for months but the latest update is causing problems for me. ACE will not load, upon loading Arma 2 I get the error "addon acex_c_men_gear requires ver. 1.5 of application. I also get No entry "bin/CFG/ACE_G40mm_HE_VOG25P.medel" in main menu. There is also no ACE screens so it's definitely not working. I was playing just fine yesterday so something must of went wrong in the update. My shortcut is fine I beleive:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

And all the folders are where they should be in Arma 2 main directory, including the userconfig. I even deleted and re-updated each mod folder one by one, but I still get the same errors. I also have the latest patch (1.07). Any help is appreciated.

Great release, my fingers are itching to get on with ACE and ACRE and this is half the equation

hi nice udapte but laser didn't work on your weapons and light too , is it possible to have light and IR laser ?

You must understand the massive undertaking it will be to get all the contents of ACEX up to OA standards

You must also understand this is the first beta version

Submit a ticket

Well how do I use six updater? The page shows no download button.....

Anyone?

Hmmm. nice beta.

@ the no laser issue: come on! give these people some time. I'm sure they're working very hard on bringing the stuff over to OA. argh! DaveP was faster! ;)

the game works very fine for me, but I'm having one issue with the replacement for the M1A1 for the US Army: it is displayed without tracks?! and hitting anything with it is impossible too. Has anyone apart from me that kind of problem? or maybe it's just todays friggin heatwave :)

Hmmm. nice beta.

@ the no laser issue: come on! give these people some time. I'm sure they're working very hard on bringing the stuff over to OA. argh! DaveP was faster! ;)

the game works very fine for me, but I'm having one issue with the replacement for the M1A1 for the US Army: it is displayed without tracks?! and hitting anything with it is impossible too. Has anyone apart from me that kind of problem? or maybe it's just todays friggin heatwave :)

It's the beta issue. You're sure you have v. 377 of ACE? It was fixed with that.

Xeno

Maybe ask Dwarden? He seems to be the man with all the answers regarding Steam :)

Xeno, you asked for a Steam user who got it working.

ATTN Steam users,

Standalone OA via Steam can be easily ACE'd up - simply use the standalone OA preset in the SIX Updater (remember to move your userconfigs correctly)

IF you are like me and have OA and ARMA2, it should be known that SIX Updater does NOT currently properly install for Steam ARMA2+OA.

(I've posted about this about 6 times in this thread, no answer)

Now, to get it to work for us, we have to go the tricky way (playing it safe - when SIX Updater does support Steam, the files are already there).

First, update to the latest OA ACE mods by using either a custom preset or just using the CO preset. This will update/install the mods into your ARMA 2 directory. For these mods to actually function in OA, you must move the @ACE/ACEX/ACEX_SM/CBA (NOT CBA_OA) mod folders to your OA directory in Steam.

This is tedious and I've asked how to have this done automatically via SIX Updater with no reply as of yet.

You could use a program like SyncToy to automatically syncronise the folders, but a simple copy over will do fine until actual presets for Steam are included.

NOTE: This workaround only works for Steam OA and Steam ARMA2 (i.e both are installed), which have been linked as CO through the batch file provided by Dwarden, launched through Steam's UI option (see topic in General).

To get addons to function via Steam's launch options (adding -mod... to them), ensure the entire -mod @MOD;@MOD etc line is put in quotation marks. For example, here is my complete launch option's for OA in Steam:

-nosplash "-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@JTD"

TL;DR - SIX does not properly support Steam OA+ARMA2 as they are in separate directories. SIX Updater will install to ARMA2's directory, but OA through Steam will not access these addons. Simple solution is to copy them into OA's directory.

Edited by Frohman

Hi. I'm running OA standalone. Six updater says it cant find valid arma II folder, and there's really no explanation on how to configure this? The other install method is even more vague... can anyone help me out? Before you ask, yes I did select OA standalone in the site menu thing.

Edited by jquinn914

When I run the installer it goes for a short time then the box closes with no message or anything, it does not download anything at all, any ideas why it closes.

OA STEAM USERS!

On top of what Frohman said, there is a way to point six updater to your OA directory. When you're in the six updater web UI go to "settings" under the configuration tab.

There will be a settings profile called "OA Vanilla." Click on "edit" to the right of that. Now all you have to do is put in the path to your OA installation in the "path" field and copy the same logpath as your regular ARMA2 installation.

Now six updater will automatically install the files to your OA directory when you select "ACE (Operation Arrowhead)" preset option.

EDIT: This solution should apply to people who only have Operation Arrowhead (regardless of where you bought it) as well.

Edited by Razzamatazz

So let me get this straight, can I move my ace folders to OA (btw im not using A2 anymore, I had to uninstall it, had some problems) so I don't have to redownload the whole Ace 2 package and can I update it from there?

Maybe a preset change in six updater is a good idea? Having the Vanilla Arma2 preset have 373 as the latest ACE version along with the others, CBA, ACEX etc. I can see many people f***ing themselves over by updating (like they always have through six updater) before seeing this thead. Maybe even a whole new versioning start for ACE_OA would be good?

i updated to ace mod vanilla and this happened.. cant play ace anymore:

to clarify, run the ace updater today, same preset as always (ace mod vanilla), it took a while but finally finished, when i launch arma i get a requieres 1.05 version, and acemod doesnt load at all.

do i have to reinstall the whole mod?

Edited by MirindoR

yeah yeah i know but i report a problem but it's not the first objectif of my question , i ask about flashlight and laser if it's possible to have both in a weapon

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

OA STEAM USERS!

On top of what Frohman said, there is a way to point six updater to your OA directory. When you're in the six updater web UI go to "settings" under the configuration tab.

There will be a settings profile called "OA Vanilla." Click on "edit" to the right of that. Now all you have to do is put in the path to your OA installation in the "path" field and copy the same logpath as your regular ARMA2 installation.

Now six updater will automatically install the files to your OA directory when you select "ACE (Operation Arrowhead)" preset option.

EDIT: This solution should apply to people who only have Operation Arrowhead (regardless of where you bought it) as well.

I gather this works if you have both arma 2 and oa in the same directory. (i.e. "combined")

Also same for Sprocket customers?

Awesome, Ace for Arma2 was/is epic! awesome work of u guys!

Though i have to wait for a download release for this one ,a bit sad..i wanted to play OA with Ace asap but the six updater dont adjust to OA no matter what i do and it messed Arma2 kinda up, it went numerous times wrong and kept updating.

I cant install the other method it won't install at all, it ends with freezing up my pc. So no ace for me it appears, anyway its also 2-sided i mean , can't give feedback without ace, ill wait for a dl release.

btw i run on Vista-64bit.

1 day old pc lol

ha. one of the guys from ACE was stating how i was wrong in thinking ACE will be running in OA within a few weeks. The guy said how it could take a while.

Glad to see this out. time to give it a go

Switching over to OA CQB sights is still WIP. Our own system is disabled (so no more SHIFT-F).

J

Xeno

Thanks Xenophon for the update. Best dev team around. Keep up the good work

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

I gather this works if you have both arma 2 and oa in the same directory. (i.e. "combined")

Also same for Sprocket customers?

If they're both in the same directory then I'd guess you shouldn't have to do anything. When you run six updater it will overwrite ACE 1.3 (for A2 only) with this new version (for AO or Combined Ops).

Ok guys quick question. i just bought OA and im confused on how to start using ace with it. maybe someone can explain or put a link up to where i can read step by step on what to do, or how to install it once i install OA and combine them, such as which option to use in six updater whether is the ACE (OA combined forces) or just the (OA stand alone), also what would be put in the short cut field? for example is there an ACE_OA? or does it use the same "ACE" folder, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

I've been using ACE fine for months but the latest update is causing problems for me. ACE will not load, upon loading Arma 2 I get the error "addon acex_c_men_gear requires ver. 1.5 of application. I also get No entry "bin/CFG/ACE_G40mm_HE_VOG25P.medel" in main menu. There is also no ACE screens so it's definitely not working. I was playing just fine yesterday so something must of went wrong in the update. My shortcut is fine I beleive:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

And all the folders are where they should be in Arma 2 main directory, including the userconfig. I even deleted and re-updated each mod folder one by one, but I still get the same errors. I also have the latest patch (1.07). Any help is appreciated.

You very probably updated to the OA beta, the Arma2 version is finished and will not get anymore updates. Get the 1,3 stable from armaholic again is your best option now unfortunately http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_files_modules . After that rename all the ACE, ACEX, etc modfolders to ACE_A2 and so on. Then you can use the updater again to update the OA ACE as that develops, if you have OA, and your standard ArmA2 stuff will remain untouched.

Besides the great work, which I really appreciate ACE team. This could have been handled better, to help the people that don't keep track of whats going, but still update religiously via six update, from inadvertently screwing themselves over.

Poor Sickboy, his patience was down right inspirational!

I would like to suggest that the first post be edited with something like "don't ask a question until you search for an answer" .... because half of this thread, and the others, is a redundant waste of time.

I think we're screwed and the old Ace is dead. Everyones gonna have to switch over to Ace:OA whether you like it or not, if you wanna keep on playing Arma2 online in any form. Good luck trying to find populated servers not running OA Ace mod;)

i updated to ace mod vanilla and this happened.. cant play ace anymore:

to clarify, run the ace updater today, same preset as always (ace mod vanilla), it took a while but finally finished, when i launch arma i get a requieres 1.05 version, and acemod doesnt load at all.

do i have to reinstall the whole mod?