Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

Cross i cant download it keeps saying please specificy the path i set it all to my arrowhead folder but keeps saying :(

Make sure you are running the latest Yas 1.063.

make sure the path are correct in Settings Tab and on Download Addons Tab.

Did this, did not working. I have Combined Operations made out of DVD ArmA2 and DVD OA. I deleted the CBA inside my addons folder, downloaded the orig file, and placed it inside addons. It still keeps giving me the same error. :(

Yep i did the same thing over and over but its still not working

Thats odd..

Did you change the initline for the shortcut..

Should be:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

And previous i have:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nomap -nosplash -maxmem2048

And the whole is

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nomap -nosplash -maxmem2048 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

OH btw..

I find it easier to edit the shortcuts instead of Ticking boxes ingame..LOL

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

I just want to go play vanilla ArmA2 OA now, but I can't since I enabled addons from ingame UI, closed the game, and now can't get back in game because of the error message.. Any help is appreciated. :butbut:

I just want to go play vanilla ArmA2 OA now, but I can't since I enabled addons from ingame UI, closed the game, and now can't get back in game because of the error message.. Any help is appreciated. :butbut:

Go to your ARMA2 Directory and take all your mod folders out of it and stick them on your desktop or in another folder or something!

Once you have done that you will be able to load the game again!

Once being able to load the game again exit, stick all your mod folders back in your ARMA2 Directory again and change the start line on your short cut, and load mods the old way and never touch the IN-GAME MOD SELECTOR AGAIN!

ace for oa works well! thanks! one things some ammo crates (TK ones) seem empty but the defualt tk ones are fine.

great to have ACE2 in OA!

OK, this is about the 20th time this will have been answered, but here goes.

Navigate to your 'ArmA 2 Other Profiles' folder (usually within My Documents or where-ever e.g. 'C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YOURINGAMENAME') and find the file called 'YOURINGAMENAME.ArmA2OAProfile'. Open this file with Notepad/Wordpad/whatever text editing tool you prefer, and search for class ModLauncherList. Below this will be a list of the mods you've selected to load, for example mine reads:

class ModLauncherList

{

class Mod1

{

dir="@TF86";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod2

{

dir="@UKFnSuch";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod3

{

dir="@ACEX_SM";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod4

{

dir="@ArrowheadGear";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

};

So if I wanted to, for example, remove the '@UKFnSuch' mod-folder from loading, I would simply remove the bold section above, and re-number the below entries accordingly, so Mod3 becomes Mod2, Mod4 becomes Mod3 etc. Simples.

Go to your shortcut and see if you can remove them from the

initline..

Should be possible..

;1678487']Go to your shortcut and see if you can remove them from the

initline..

Should be possible..

Adding/Remvoing mods via the ingame 'Expansions' GUI doesn't affect the shortcut line at all, it works via your profile file as I explained above.

i have OA standalone on steam, installed ACE and comes up with "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found"

Works nice with AA2 and CO as well. Thx a lot again! Would be nice to see Russian airborne soldiers as well, though.

Cant wait for SCARS and weapons to get new sounds, right now playing with default SCARS is underwhelming to the upmost.

I haven't got the beta, I assume so far this hasn't been addressed sound side (I know its early days).

Can we please get a some kind of signal from the devs about ACE + STEAM! Right now it seems that most cant get it to work, me included.

Just a "stay cool, were looking for a solution" would be enough.

@EgWal

Which specific Steam problem ? (nobody in our team uses Steam).

If it's the "include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found" error message, then simply the userconfig folder is missing in your ArmA 2/OA folder.

Extract @ACE\store\userconfig.tar (use RAR or 7z) and move the extracted files to your main ArmA 2/OA folder.

And please, once more. If you find any problems report them in our tracker.

This thread is moving to fast.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Where is BMD2,T-72B,T-72BA ???SU -27?

Edited by evolve-r

@EgWal

Which specific Steam problem ? (nobody in our team uses Steam).

I think he means the fact that A2 and OA install into separate directories and that there is no CO exe.

I am having trouble putting the accessories on, I went into the ace config and put my name in the bottom "John Doe"...Strange.

Also during the "ACE" test mission sometimes I get an error saying I need to turn off CBA_OA and sometimes it says I am missing it. Also I it says I am missing ACEX army men and some other stuff to do with ACEX?

Also it keeps saying I am missing ace_yawn02

Edited by zippy476

Hi Xeno

This thread has grown so fast. Just wanted to ask if the CQB sites are working. Tried it with the USMC team leader and it didnt come up. Just checking, is it still Shift -F

Hi Xeno

This thread has grown so fast. Just wanted to ask if the CQB sites are working. Tried it with the USMC team leader and it didnt come up. Just checking, is it still Shift -F

It's probably the OA key now, see the wagn on CQB sights "This has been replaced by the OA native CQB view modes."

Crap, I got the newest patch (1.52), the newest version of CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, Combined Ops and I can't play it, because when I launch the game .exe, it loads up and then shows "Include file"x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" What the hell?

I used the Combined Ops pack from the SIX updater. No other mods.

It's probably the OA key now, see the wagn on CQB sights "This has been replaced by the OA native CQB view modes."

I believe native is Shift F now as well isnt it? that is not bringing up Ace sites. So Im just checking to see if its me or does it still need a look see for the Ace Team. Again Im using the marine team leader as he has the acog that had scope or CQB mode in the past as a test.

Edited by gunterlund21

Crap, I got the newest patch (1.52), the newest version of CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE_SM, Combined Ops and I can't play it, because when I launch the game .exe, it loads up and then shows "Include file"x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" What the hell?

I used the Combined Ops pack from the SIX updater. No other mods.

I got the same message when I forgot to include the CBA folder in my shortcut.

Jens

Well, I launch all the addons straight from in-game. Guess that'll help ;)