Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

for some reason i cant load the save games in missions, some error about missing addons that its dependent on 'extended event handler' i have this in CBA though :S

I run quite a few addons, haven't tested without them, but with official units + ace wounding , if i fire onto a unit the game will hang, and then come back. kill him and the game freezes... will do some testing without my addons

edit:

tested again, seems to be the animations. will try without addons soon...

Edited by Fox '09

I have the cd version of arma 2 and the steam version of OA. This is how I have mine setup up.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -cpucount=2 -exThreads=1 "-mod=c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma 2;C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion"

I have no clue how I am supposed to setup ace though. Do I just use this

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM
like I used to in regular arma2?

The problem is it wont let me add all of that.

I run quite a few addons' date=' haven't tested without them, but with official units + ace wounding , if i fire onto a unit the game will hang, and then come back. kill him and the game freezes... will do some testing without my addons

edit:

tested again, seems to be the animations. will try without addons soon...[/quote']

Please report your findings at our tracker.

OA != ArmA 2, it's easy to port over some vehicle addons (though not really) but it's hard to track those problems without your help.

Xeno

do i have to use six-updater or is there a simple download version for ACE 1.5 beta ?

CBA 0.4.2 is what you need when you are still ArmA 2 only (that's not meant negative)

Available here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files

Xeno

Xeno: thanks I know that because ACE 1.3 is working fine. I just want to know if it's worth me updating CBA from 107 to 108, i.e. will it bork ACE 1.3?

I just want to know if it's worth me updating CBA from 107 to 108, i.e. will it bork ACE 1.3?

If you are A2 only, then you don't have to update.

do i have to use six-updater or is there a simple download version for ACE 1.5 beta ?

For now, either you use the updater or wait until the first YAS repository is up.

We don't provide any download version for non stable releases.

The reason for this is simple, the SIX updater provides delta patches, means, instead of downloading a pbo completely again when changed, you may just download a few bytes instead of x MB's.

We decided to go this way because we get much more and much faster feedback from you guys than any closed groups can provide. Simply because you guys play every day while closed groups may only play once a week.

The benefit is, we can fix problems much faster and provide fixes/hotfixes and updates much much faster.

Xeno

Is the Yoma Addon Sync (The Kellys Heroes server) been updated with this new OA update? I have been looking all day and all I see is a download for CBA which'd take me back to the A2 version of CBA.

KH yoma repo is not up yet. When it will be, it's gonna be posted here

Nice! Just one little thing I noticed right away, you guys basically totally removed the Camera Shake when shooting. I really liked that especially with MGs and AKs. :(

Nice! Just one little thing I noticed right away, you guys basically totally removed the Camera Shake when shooting. I really liked that especially with MGs and AKs. :(

Uh, no, we didn't. We even dropped our own camshake completely in favour of the BIS system.

Xeno

...no prob i´ll wait for 1.5 full, hope for armor value update, are you guys working with stanag values for the armory... am i wrong or does Arma2 OA distinguish between blast and penetration damage ?

...good to see ACE in Arma OA, the non ballistic of the rockets make me sick ;)

xeno is there a way to change the destination directory in six updater for arrrowhead. Couldnt find it in the six material.

xeno is there a way to change the destination directory in six updater for arrrowhead. Couldnt find it in the six material.

Configuration (at the top), settings, then find OA Vanilla and click edit on the right. Change the path box to reflect the correct OA directory and then click update. That should take you back to the previous page, so make sure the directory is right. Then go back up to main, make sure your setting is OA Vanilla, and update normally from there.

Configuration (at the top), settings, then find OA Vanilla and click edit on the right. Change the path box to reflect the correct OA directory and then click update. That should take you back to the previous page, so make sure the directory is right. Then go back up to main, make sure your setting is OA Vanilla, and update normally from there.

What if I have combined Ops. Same thing? Also it is not taking the edit to the mod folder path. Does it matter?

I have Steam for both which isn't technically Combined Operations. Doesn't that just mean you have both in the same folder? I'm not sure why you would need to change it, but just make it point to your Combined Operations folder instead.

I don't know why it wouldn't be taking the edit. It might be an issue with some of your security settings. Are you sure you clicked update when you were done editing the path in?

somehow my tracers got switched, west blufor fires green tracers which should be red, opfor fires red traces should be green how do you switch tracer color

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

it also won't let me load my savegames because (new savegames I started with ace) because it says all my ace addons are missing?

Big thread here but I cant seem to get the six updater to put the new ace addons in my OA directory. I selected the OA standalone preset and it installs to ARMA2 folder. I checked that my registry entries are correct:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA - MAIN points to c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 - MAIN points to c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

EDIT - I guess I need to change the path in Six as suggested by Strikor. Shouldn't Six read the registry and find out where OA is installed?

On a seperate note, is there a ACE enabled Domination yet for OA?

Edited by nuggetz

Uh, no, we didn't. We even dropped our own camshake completely in favour of the BIS system.

Xeno

Sorry.....but it looks alot less noticeable to me..

Anyways, nice to see ACE in OA. I was missing ACE Recoil and weapons. :)

Hi gents, help me out here...

I have several people in my guilds Arma II division that didn't read my post on not updating to ACE until there is a stable release and we all have OA. I read through this thread and found the link to the latest (final) versions of ACE for ARMA II.

It's been about a year for most of us (since ACE install), but we can get new folks going and fix issues without many problems.

My problem is that the three guys who have ACE OA now are fooked, so apparently they're going to have to download the old versions to go backwards.

Once they are downloaded, what then? Can someone walk through the steps briefly or do they treat it just like any other mod folder and drag @ace, @acex, etc... into their ARMA II folder?

Important points: What about the config files that tell you the versions of ACE and the User Config so they can use ACE backpacks, earplugs, and such.

Is there a handy, dandy little link somewhere that will walk through the steps?

In closing, We absolutely love ACE and really appreciate the work you guys do for the community. After going with ACE, we almost kind of refuse to play ARMAII any other way.

Edited by Lexen

Seems my reply and it's questions got buried by the influx of replies overnight D:

Congrats on the release and bravo for getting it out so quickly!

I'd like to know how SIX updater will handle the whole ARMA2 Steam and OA Steam scenario, since they are found in separate folders.

Which preset should be used?

Does this preset install to the ARMA2 Directory (where mods will not be able to be loaded through the normal method) or the Arrowhead Directory?

Pretty much the same as the last question, does the preset actually destinguish between the Steam and non-Steam installations? (CO non-Steam and CO Steam install very differently)

Cheers,

Frohman

Edit:

Noticed ACEX_SM in the presets, has this portion of ACE been already updated for OA's new weaponry? If so, you people mustn't sleep or something ... D:

I'm still confused about how I am meant to go about this.

HOLY CRAP this is confusing..Im up to date on ACE, but now I cant join most games. I switched my 6 updated to get some sort of 'beta' and that doesn't work either, or is everyone on OA now? So theres Vanilla Ace, Ace Beta & OA? Way to split the community..whats going on...

Well how do I use six updater? The page shows no download button.....

Installed new ACE for OA and it seems to work OK...however I can not disable it from the in game "expansions" list. I can disable ACEX_SM, but none of the other ACE components. I suppose I can just remove them from the folder...but I hope Im missing something?