Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

I've fixed it, some leftovers.

But please report such problems in the tracker. It was pure coincidence that I saw your post.

Thanks.

If there are more "gamebreaking" bugs we might release a hotfix later.

Xeno

Oscar Mike , Sir :cool2:

Because ACE has so much to offer over vanilla OA still, so they put in their own tacky backpack system and some recoil and then that null'n'voids everything in ACE?

YES..Exactly..

@BI

Would you be so kind and focus on game performance and AI and

let all othe "COOL" things to teams like ACE...

And please put atmost focus on AI...

andersson, would you please learn to use six updater or keep off from requesting Yoma repro links here. TY

Congrats to all involved

I would if it was easier..LOL trust me..I f i had six WORKING id use it..

Im a NORMAL internet user.. use IE, i have some knowlage about internet and little experience

using advanced tools like six..

And to be honest, the tutorials in how ro use it is..NOT GOOD..

After i copied the new Ace Userconfig, unpacked off course, to the ArmA2\userconfig directory i got this:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.:confused:

With that Combined Operations refuses to start.

After i copied the new Ace Userconfig, unpacked off course, to the ArmA2\userconfig directory i got this:

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.:confused:

With that Combined Operations refuses to start.

Same here. Can't even start the game up to disable ACE etc. So now my game is technically dead.

;1677704']I would if it was easier..LOL trust me..I f i had six WORKING id use it..

Im a NORMAL internet user.. use IE' date=' i have [i']some[/i] knowlage about internet and little experience

using advanced tools like six..

And to be honest, the tutorials in how ro use it is..NOT GOOD..

I really can't understand how you can't figure out how to use six updater. I mean it is an automatic tool. You just run it and click on execute then your done.

Try doing this though, remove @CBA, @ACE, @ACEX, and @ACEX_SM from your ARMA2 directory. Run Six updater. Where it says preset click in the text box next to it, and select which version you of ACE you want. Then click on SYNC. Wait for it to finish. Now it should list the mods you want and out next to it it should say "NONE". Now in one of the text boxes below preset, I think it may be called "setting" or "action" or somethign click in the text box and select "Update or Install". Then click on excecute. It will download all the files you need and install them into the correct directory.

Note: your ARMA2 and OA directory has to be the defaul directory that it would install to if you don't mess with anything during your ARMA2 installations. That is it has to be program files\bohemia interactive\ARMA 2\ if you have ARMA2 installed in any other folder six updater isn't going to find it. This is pretty obvious but you seem well you seem like you may need the obvious stated for you.

Same here. Can't even start the game up to disable ACE etc. So now my game is technically dead.

I will also add me having the same problem. Can't start game with same x/cba/etc.....

(EDIT NEVERMIND) I went to my profile to take ACE off of my selections manually which looks like what i have below: And i noticed CBA was not on the list. I had it checked before i downloaded it but maybe the download cancelled something. So try adding CBA manually or delete all the ACE from your profile so you can open the game again, then check the boxes.

Your profile is (mine is) located in your documents folder/ Arma2 and Other Profiles/ then select your profile, go to the bottom and delete the ACe stuff that requires CBA. You should be able to open the game

class Mod6

{

dir="@ACE";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod7

{

dir="@ACEX";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod8

{

dir="@ACEX_PLA";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

};

class Mod9

{

dir="@ACEX_SM";

name="";

origin="GAME DIR";

You should be able to play until a fix is found.

Edited by victim913

I moved the Ace folders to an backup directory outside of ArmA 2, now it works again. That`s not how it should be, but for the time being it`s ok.

Oscar Mike , Sir :cool2:

Totally forgot...

Have you checked userconfig\ACE\ace_serverconfig.hpp ???

exclude_pbos[] = {};

:)

Xeno

You dont have to start the game to disable ACE. You can just remove the user configs from your ARMA2\userconfigs\ace folder or just completely remove the user config folder from the directory along with @ACE folders as well.

If you still get the error at launch, after removing the userconfig folder and the @ace folders from your directory. Try right clicking on your OA shortcut and in the the target line that points to the exe type: "-mod=" be sure to put a space before the "-mod=". Also dont type in the quotation marks, and don't type anything after the = symbol. This shoud tell OA to load OA without any mods.

If that doesnt work you could try creating some random folder like for example "@fakemodfolder" and copying and pasting your "addons" folder from you main arma2 directory into the "@fakemodfolder". Then in your shortcut target line type in "-mod=@fakemodfolder". This should also make OA load only using the standard files without any mods.

Are some vehicles not included in beta? im getting acex_p_atv missing and mi16, mh6 etc not sure if are _p_ but atv and other yes.

I will also add me having the same problem. Can't start game with same x/cba/etc.....

HELP:confused:

Open your x.ArmA2OAProfile (usual location i.e My Documents) and search for "ModLauncherList" (minus quotes) simply remove the entries relating to ACE. With no mods at the moment my file still contains class ModLauncherList

{ }; but on separate lines. If you have other mods enabled then simply leave them there but following the same structure.

For all those having the "x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" error. I ask are yall running the OA beta or the regular OA exe. Because if your running the Beta it is important to note that OA will look for addons/mods in a different place than if you are running the regular exe. That is the beta in game mod selector aka "expansions" looks for mods somewhere in the beta/expansions folder while the regular OA exe looks for mods in the main ARMA2 directory.

Are some vehicles not included in beta? im getting acex_p_atv missing and mi16, mh6 etc not sure if are _p_ but atv and other yes.

Did you read...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

????

"We are also looking at possibly providing backward compatibility addons which will allow all previous ACE for A2 Missions to work without editing, please stay tuned..."

Xeno

I've fixed it, some leftovers.

But please report such problems in the tracker. It was pure coincidence that I saw your post.

Thanks.

If there are more "gamebreaking" bugs we might release a hotfix later.

Xeno

Xeno, it looks like several users have reported a bug/problem launching the game after updating to newest version of ACE they reportedly get this error "\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found". Could you please supply us a link to the tracker/bug reporter you mention above.

Thanks so much!

Cant wait to get home and try out this new ACE.:yay:

For all those having the "x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found" error. I ask are yall running the OA beta or the regular OA exe. Because if your running the Beta it is important to note that OA will look for addons/mods in a different place than if you are running the regular exe. That is the beta in game mod selector aka "expansions" looks for mods somewhere in the beta/expansions folder while the regular OA exe looks for mods in the main ARMA2 directory.

not sure about this, because I just played OA-beta w/o errors AND Ace/376, look http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1677558&postcount=35

it's just that you have to put the mods names in to your command line - if you don't put them there they won't be detected by beta ingame modlauncher, that's true ... but arma2oa.exe is being executed in \Arma2, so with these commandline param you're doing fine ... at least it's my experience

Edited by langgis08

Did you read...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

????

"We are also looking at possibly providing backward compatibility addons which will allow all previous ACE for A2 Missions to work without editing, please stay tuned..."

Xeno

That very good to hear. I have been messing arond with Seal Team Six campaigns by SICK1 which are made for ACE and regular Arma2 using ACEv1.3, CBA 0.4.2 and OA exe , and they seem to work fine. Only problem experienced was recoil staying aimed too high. But bipods, goggles, and ace healing was all working fine. So it would seem that it wouldn't be too hard to make the new ACE compatible with these old missions.

Question though about what you said above. Do you mean you are looking into backward compatability for playing old ace missions with the new ace and regular ARMA2 exe or for playing old ace missions with new ace and with OA exe?

Oh, damn, the Six Updater updated to 376 even though there was the Vanilla preset selected... Didn't read the thread before updating.

Is there a way to get back to 373? I don't have OA...

Is there a way to get back to 373? I don't have OA...

Sure.

You can allways download 1.3.0 ArmA 2 stable, see http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

(Though you should really think about buying OA, it's worth it)

Xeno

Open your x.ArmA2OAProfile (usual location i.e My Documents) and search for "ModLauncherList" (minus quotes) simply remove the entries relating to ACE. With no mods at the moment my file still contains class ModLauncherList

{ }; but on separate lines. If you have other mods enabled then simply leave them there but following the same structure.

Thanks, you must be faster than me but I had edited my post about a minute after i posted it saying exactly what you said.

FOR ALL THOSE WITH x/cba/ .......problem that won't let you start the game. The REASON IS YOU DON'T HAVE CBA CHECKED OFF. CBA is not running.

ACE please tell me you will bring back all the vehicels. I NEED the green Strykers, and alot of the other vehicles you guys had. That is the best part of ACE

Also for ACE guys, I don't know if you did this on purpose, but once you have ACE enabled on the list, you can't disable it. I think ACEX too. the others can be disabled.

Edited by victim913

Totally forgot...

Have you checked userconfig\ACE\ace_serverconfig.hpp ???

exclude_pbos[] = {};

:)

Xeno

Thanks buddy for the hint, will give it a try tomorrow, ;)

ACE please tell me you will bring back all the vehicels. I NEED the green Strykers, and alot of the other vehicles you guys had. That is the best part of ACE

This is really the last time that I'll answer the same question... :rolleyes:

Read http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

And once again...

Everything was moved to new ACEX folders allready, but they are not available yet.

In the future ACE and ACEX will only support OA assets, while ACEX_RU and ACEX_USMC will bring back ArmA 2 content.

It makes it easier for us to handle different factions but we are not ready yet.

And probably, yet unknown, new DLC from BIS or new usermade addons will give us new factions. So having it splitted up is the better way.

Xeno

Sure.

You can allways download 1.3.0 ArmA 2 stable, see http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_3

(Though you should really think about buying OA, it's worth it)

Xeno

So does this mean that six-updater does not support arma2 anymore ? or is it just a glitch ? i accidently did the same thing and downloaded the latest one, now on arma startup i get bunch on errors. I hope they fix it, cant live without sixupdater anymore :butbut: