Sign in to follow this  
xeno

ACE 1.5 Beta (Advanced Combat Environment)

A.C.E. Mod for Operation Arrowhead!

ACE_for_OA_large_large.jpg

v1.5 Beta, is available on the SIX - updater network!

This release is intended for Operation Arrowhead Standalone and Combined Operations,

and is not compatible with ArmA 2 Standalone (See Last ArmA2 Release).

For an overview of changes since ACE 1.3 for ArmA 2, please see:

Changes in ACE for OA

Please report bugs and problems in our tracker over at dev-heaven:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

Please make a copy of your ACE and ACEX folder if you still want to play ArmA 2 only. ACE OA will overwrite the content of your ACE and ACEX folder!

SIX Updater Suite is available here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater

Also available on Kelly's Heroes Yoma Addon Sync repository (thanks to KH):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1678364&postcount=139

For Steam users who have troubles installing ACE...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1678882&postcount=185

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1678897&postcount=188

Please update if you are still on the initial ACE OA beta release.

Current ACE version is: 398, ACEX 271, ACEX_RU 5, ACEX_USNAVY 6, CBA 122, ACEX_SM 59

ACE Homepage...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/Advanced_Combat_Environment

SIX Updater Information and Help

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite

BIS-CommAward09-Medail-ACE-small.png

Edited by Xeno

Maybe a preset change in six updater is a good idea? Having the Vanilla Arma2 preset have 373 as the latest ACE version along with the others, CBA, ACEX etc. I can see many people f***ing themselves over by updating (like they always have through six updater) before seeing this thead. Maybe even a whole new versioning start for ACE_OA would be good?

There are presets specially for OA.

Xeno

Thanks fellas for all the hard work. I truly appreciate everything!

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Maybe a preset change in six updater is a good idea? Having the Vanilla Arma2 preset have 373 as the latest ACE version along with the others, CBA, ACEX etc. I can see many people f***ing themselves over by updating (like they always have through six updater) before seeing this thead. Maybe even a whole new versioning start for ACE_OA would be good?

Yup, there are new presets just for OA. Hopefully people take the time to realize this fact.

Nice :)

btw if i have normal ace2 and if i now use preset - A.C.E. (Op. Arrowhead Combined Ops) , it will good for OA+arma2 , y?

Thanks fellas for all the hard work. I truly appreciate everything!

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Yup, there are new presets just for OA. Hopefully people take the time to realize this fact.

History tells that they wont. ;)

Sickboy said there will be most likely warning messages in the updater if you don't have OA and trying to update ACE anyway... Where are those warnings?

Im am thick so please bare with me here :P

I have ARMA 2 with latest version of ACE 2 1.3.

I all so have OA now both of these are dvd`s.

Can I install ACE 2 1.5 for OA using six updater without it messing up my ARMA 2 ACE 2 1.3 install so basically have ACE 2 for ARMA 2 and OA as my mates who I play online with dont have OA so I still need to keep the ARMA 2 ACE 2 functional but would like to test out OA ACE 2.

Thanks

The Vanilla preset still contains the same mods though so if someone tries to update vanilla(not knowing that dev is finished for ArmA2) it will take it to 376, 253 etc.

Thanks for the goal to bring all ARMA2 factions equip to ACE_OA, inc TI etc..., that especially makes me happy to read. :)

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Im am thick so please bare with me here :P

I have ARMA 2 with latest version of ACE 2 1.3.

I all so have OA now both of these are dvd`s.

Can I install ACE 2 1.5 for OA using six updater without it messing up my ARMA 2 ACE 2 1.3 install so basically have ACE 2 for ARMA 2 and OA as my mates who I play online with dont have OA so I still need to keep the ARMA 2 ACE 2 functional but would like to test out OA ACE 2.

Thanks

For now what you could do is rename ACE, ACEX, CBA(?) etc to ACE_A2, ACEX_A2, etc then copy the contents to new ACE, ACEX, CBA folders, and then update with six updater. May not be necessary though so wait for Xeno.

Edited by SAbre4809

where do you get this six updater thing?

the way a dude on TS is explaining six updater, i dont know if i even wanna look at it

For now what you could do is rename ACE, ACEX, CBA(?) etc to ACE_A2, ACEX_A2, etc then copy the contents to new ACE, ACEX, CBA folders, and then update with six updater. May not be necessary though so wait for Xeno.

I'll do so (renaming), so nothing will be destroyed in any case ... i'm not in scripting etc. in order to fix it for myself and don't wanna consult Ace-Dev's too many times ;)

so me, going the safe way until all is in line and more clear :D

good job, ace-team, thx for all and for lifting OA aswell ... and hey, it's just been released so you're very quick on it => GREAT

Very nice,

I see there's only armoured units available in all the ACE categories - Is that intentional whilst your converting them or is my installation botched?

Very nice,

I see there's only armoured units available in all the ACE categories - Is that intentional whilst your converting them or is my installation botched?

I’m wondering the same. And the range finding with the helicopters doesn’t work right, at least with the AH64. ***

* Why doesent IR vision work in the Cobra? Is it work in progress?

* Why isn't there a Beta preset for OA in Six updater?

Edited by coopdeo
The T72:s are indeed removed

had an issue, it (sixupdater) can't find my arma 2 folder... hmm

ill try to fix this myself, will report back if i can't fix it.

congrats on the release anyway

edit:

fixed it

here a quick one: old "userconfig"-folder does it still ? meaning I've seen the same config-files (same time-stamp etc.) in the 376-store in @ace-folder

Congrats on the release and bravo for getting it out so quickly!

I'd like to know how SIX updater will handle the whole ARMA2 Steam and OA Steam scenario, since they are found in separate folders.

Which preset should be used?

Does this preset install to the ARMA2 Directory (where mods will not be able to be loaded through the normal method) or the Arrowhead Directory?

Pretty much the same as the last question, does the preset actually destinguish between the Steam and non-Steam installations? (CO non-Steam and CO Steam install very differently)

Cheers,

Frohman

Edit:

Noticed ACEX_SM in the presets, has this portion of ACE been already updated for OA's new weaponry? If so, you people mustn't sleep or something ... D:

Edited by Frohman

"Does not seem to be a repository" bullsh*t.

Anyone got ACE OA on Yoma yet?

INSTALLED

Reporting "A.C.E.1.5.0.375"

in mod launcher "green":

- ArmA2

- OA

- CBA

- Core (ACE)

- eXtras (ACE)

seems to be ok

Edited by langgis08

What I am seeing/hoping for in the future is everyone running OA only and ACE_OA bringing in RUS and USMC factions so T90, BMP3, LAV, AAV etc. So we will have everything we have now in ACEX 1,3. But better, and probably without CDF and CHDKZ, running only OA so no CO messing around.

where do you get this six updater thing?

the way a dude on TS is explaining six updater, i dont know if i even wanna look at it

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/files <--There

Very nice,

That's normal, these guys aren't robots, have patience.

I’m wondering the same. And the range finding with the helicopters doesn’t work right, at least with the AH64. ***

* Why doesent IR vision work in the Cobra? Is it work in progress?

* Why isn't there a Beta preset for OA in Six updater?

This version is a beta, OA has been out for like 10 days, these guys need to sleep, etc, they are not robots, expect more stuff to be added in future updates.

Remember, it took like 5 months for the first public release of ACE2 for ArmA II, and look at everything that added, a lot of this takes time.