Sign in to follow this  
kylania

commandGetOut for "All"?

I'm working on a mission and if the AI or player tells the transport group to disembark the LittleBird flies nice and straight into the LZ and takes off perfectly.

However, if the player does NOT tell his AI group to disembark, the LittleBird flies around the LZ like a moron, then touches down and flies away the wrong direction.

I can use a foreach to issue commandGetOut to all the members of my group, but this causes two issues. First is the huge spam of me telling each guy to get out and them saying OK. Second, for some reason this triggered TWICE during testing and the LittleBird dropped us off 500m away from the landing zone, like the moron he is.

So, how can you script the "All - Disembark!" command? Or how can you use commandGetOut on everyone at once? Or silently would work too I suppose.

So, how can you script the "All - Disembark!" command? Or how can you use commandGetOut on everyone at once? Or silently would work too I suppose.

doGetOut is the silent version of the commandGetOut but i wouldnt use for each command.

[color="Red"]commandGetOut units grp1[/color]

grp1 being the name of the group.

will give All disembark order.

Edit: I mixed up the with the code fixed now

Edited by Coyota

doGetOut is the silent version of the commandGetOut but i wouldnt use for each command.

commandGetOut units group grp1

Oh wow, didnt know that. Not working though, it needs an object it says.

Edited by Toasticuss

or just have them get out when the player does

trigger

cond

!(player in heli)

on act

{_x action["eject",heli]} foreach units playergroup

or just have them get out when the player does

trigger

cond

!(player in heli)

on act

{_x action["eject",heli]} foreach units playergroup

playergroup meaning the group name?

commandGetOut units group grp1

Perfect!! The reason this wasn't working is that the trigger I had for it was BLUFOR activated, but at the time the chopper passed through it it was setCaptive, so it wasn't triggering. Switched to Anybody and it's all good now, thanks!

Perfect!! The reason this wasn't working is that the trigger I had for it was BLUFOR activated, but at the time the chopper passed through it it was setCaptive, so it wasn't triggering. Switched to Anybody and it's all good now, thanks!

This still isnt working for me.

I have a trigger at the transport unload waypoint and it is grouped to my player and the activation is on blufor. Upon entering the trigger I get this error message

arma2oa2010070905372750.jpg

just use the commandGetOut units grp1

and yes in may example playergroup would be grp1

or group1 whatever your group is named.

just use the commandGetOut units grp1

and yes in may example playergroup would be grp1

I am using that command in a trigger and the helicopter transport unload way point and it gives me that error. Am I supposed to put it on something else?

Edited by Toasticuss

Oops :o

I was thinking two things while writing and ofcourse i mixed them up.

commandGetOut units grp1

Where grp1 is name of the group.

commandGetOut units group man1

Where man1 is the leader of the group. (allthought it can be any unit in the group)

Do you have a group named grp1 or group1

if not in the leaders init put group1 = group this

Oops :o

I was thinking two things while writing and ofcourse i mixed them up.

commandGetOut units grp1

Where grp1 is name of the group.

commandGetOut units group man1

Where man1 is the leader of the group. (allthought it can be any unit in the group)

Gotcha now its working perfectly.

Setup a trigger with blufor activation with the condition

"player in thislist;"

and have the on activation "commandGetOut units group player"

Where player being your group leader.

Then put it next to your transport unload way point and group it to your group leader.

Gotcha now its working perfectly.

Setup a trigger with blufor activation with the condition

"player in thislist;"

and have the on activation "commandGetOut units group player"

Where player being your group leader.

Then put it next to your transport unload way point and group it to your group leader.

You could just add it to your waypoint's on activation box instead and not bother with a trigger at all.

You could just add it to your waypoint's on activation box instead and not bother with a trigger at all.

Doesnt work because it tries to run the command after the troops are unloaded, but since it cant unload it just sits there forever stuck.

Edit: Gotta put it on a MOVE marker before the transport. Now it works, its not silent though but it works.

doGetOut units group player; runs it silently but they still announce them selves when they get out :/

Edited by Toasticuss

Doesnt work because it tries to run the command after the troops are unloaded, but since it cant unload it just sits there forever stuck.

Edit: Gotta put it on a MOVE marker before the transport. Now it works, its not silent though but it works.

doGetOut units group player; runs it silently but they still announce them selves when they get out :/

Maybe set them into stealth mode before they get out, they may whisper it instead of shouting.

Maybe set them into stealth mode before they get out, they may whisper it instead of shouting.

It just makes them talk a little bit quieter. But it works perfect so I am happy.