Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's Combined Operations Disabler

Deadfast's Combined Operations Disabler

Turn your ARMA 2: Combined Operations installation into pure Operation Arrowhead.

codisabler.png

This simple tool allows you to remove the ARMA 2 part from your Operation Arrowhead installation. This is an easy way to ensure the missions you produce are made 100% out of Arrowhead content only.

Please note that you will not be able to run ARMA 2 at all while it is patched out. You have to use the tool to enable Combined Operations first.

Warning: I am not responsible for any hardware and/or software damage (messed up installation) caused by this tool!

Edited by Deadfast

Very interesting, where was this yesterday when it took me hours to isolate AO from CO... :)

Thanks though, it works for me.

Good on ya. I'm sure a lot of people would use this. Could you please explain exactly what it does down to the last molecule though.

Cheers.

Sure, I was meaning to do that in the readme but completely forgot about it.

On first start it creates a file called $codisabler$ which holds information whether Combined Operations is enabled (0) or disabled (1).

On disable...

$codisabler$ to 1

Rename Addons to Addons_A2

Rename Common to Addons

Rename arma2.exe to arma2.exe.OFF

On enable...

$codisabler$ to 0

Rename Addons to Common

Rename Addons_A2 to Addons

Rename arma2.exe.OFF to arma2.exe

Cool, thanks. So it doesn't touch the Registry then I take it. Thanks for the clarification. Cheers.

Oh yes, sorry. I forgot to mention it reads the registry for the installation path.

Hopefully BIS will make it so we can uncheck "ArmA2" in the Expansions tab to make this unneccessary.

Thanks for the tool Deadfast!

I realized after installing it, and disabling Arma 2, that I cannot use the arma2.exe 'cus it's renamed. OK. That's fine. Of course, I can just enable.

But, the above makes me ask a few questions.

1. Can I copy and rename my 'off' exe, to say, arma2enabled.exe, and just change my shortcut, this way I can leave OA separate from Arma 2 and still start Arma 2? (I know I can, but...)

2. The disabler or the renames will not trigger fade, correct?

3. Is there a problem with the above in regards to joining MP servers?

The answers 'seem' obvious, but I am just triple checking. TIA. :)

1) ARMA 2 won't work with Combined Operations disabled, hence why the arma2.exe is renamed.

2) There is no data tampering so no, no Fade.

3) No, you will be able to join Arrowhead server with CO disabled just fine. To join anything else CO has to be enabled again.

If you use six updater, it is unable to detect OA standalone properly if you have your A2 disabled with this tool.. It still detects it as CO. This is because OA Standalone does not have an Addons directory afaik. (six updater looks for an addons directory to determine it it is CO) While we wait for someone to provide a clear, real directory structure from an OA standalone install, the solution is to rename the addons directory to something else while six updater is updating, then rename it back.

This is only relevant, because of the way CBA needs to be installed. If you have OA standalone, an additional @CBA_OA is required. If Sixupdater detects CO, it disables this addon and it won't update. THerein lies the problem.

I am guessing (and we wont know until someone reports back) that all OA installs have a common folder, and the renaming of common->addons is unnecessary. But we'll see soon.

Cheers

I'd think it's more likely Six Updater looks into the registry to check if both ARMA 2 and Arrowhead entries are present and point to the same location.

I'd think it's more likely Six Updater looks into the registry to check if both ARMA 2 and Arrowhead entries are present and point to the same location.

Nope: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-web/repository/revisions/develop/entry/app/models/appsetting.rb#L11

"Arma2OaCo" => ["addons/"], "Arma2OaSt" => ["!addons/"]

If you wish to discuss it with Sickboy and I, we welcome you to the DevHeaven Google Waves. :) (OA Wave here)

Cheers.

Edited by oktane

Just went to re-enable CO and got this error:

CODisableError1.png

I had just recently updated to the new OA Beta 72291

Nope: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-updater-web/repository/revisions/develop/entry/app/models/appsetting.rb#L11

"Arma2OaCo" => ["addons/"], "Arma2OaSt" => ["!addons/"]

If you wish to discuss it with Sickboy and I, we welcome you to the DevHeaven Google Waves. :) (OA Wave here)

Cheers.

This is indeed the case as we expected.

OA Standalone differs in that it does not have an Addon directory at all.

Arma2 Standalone:

Addons

OA Standalone:

Common

Expansion

Combined Ops:

Addons

Common

Expansion

So the tool should actually rename Addons to Addons_A2, rename arma2.exe, and that's it. Common should be left alone. Did you make this with the .Net deploy tools? If so it should be easy to update hopefully.

Cheers.

Great job here, it's very useful for both mission makers aswell as addon-makers who want to make sure that their addons works with OA standalone.

Please note that if you have previously 'Disabled' CO with the old version of the tool, be sure to 'Enable' it back with the old version before downloading and using this new version.

We did this because it disables it in a different way now, and wanted to avoid any issues with people mixing versions. If your CO is disabled (with the old version), the new version will not let you proceed until you have re-enabled it. (with the old version)

Cheers

Details:

The old way it was disabled (in this order too):

• Addons was renamed to Addons_A2
  • Common was renamed to Addons <--- this is the part which was incorrect and shouldn't have been done, yet the game still worked.
  • arma2.exe was renamed to arma2.exe.off
  • a 1 was put in $codisabler$ status file

The new (correct) way it's disabled in v2:

• Addons is renamed to Addons_A2
  • arma2.exe is renamed to arma2.exe.off
  • 1 is put in the $codisabler_v2$ status file (note the new status file)

Edited by oktane