Sign in to follow this  
bboy

How to make ingame screenshot in Arma 2 and OA?

do i need some tool, addon?

Just need to push the print button then paste the screenshot in paint or something else

Print button? Do you mean "Print Screen SysRq" button on the keyboard?

Print button? Do you mean "Print Screen SysRq" button on the keyboard?

That doesnt work in arma 2, you are better off with fraps.

fraps is good... thank you all!

On the topic, does anyone know why Print Screen does not work with ArmA 2 and OA? I've been using FRAPS for a while now so it wasn't a real big issue, but it just seems strange. For me, Print Screen takes a picture of my desktop or a black screen while I'm in game.

This used to work in Arma2 (Print Screen Button), i made a app which monitors the clipboard and saves the images, I have loads of Arma 2, but now it doesnt work in Arrowhead and Arma 2, only thing different is the OS is now Win7 64 where as before it was Vista 64.

Cheers

GC

Just wanted to share as I tried to solve this as well - with A2OA 1.59 you can press the Print Screen button. Then Alt-tab out and open up something like IrfanView and press Paste. Voila, in game screenshot, which you can then save.

So PrintScreen places the screenshot on the clipboard, not in some hard-to-find file. And you do not need Fraps to make a screenshot.

Just to clarify: I am not running A2OA windowed, and this was done in the 3D world, ie. not the menu. I am using Windows XP as well.

-OP

Edit: Oh, wow, just have to share this: In Irfanview (which is free/Donationware) you can choose to save the screenshot using "Save for Web" and it will let you input the filesize you are aiming for. That is so cool! Especially since we get hammered here for posting images above 100k. So aim for, say, 95k and it will produce the best image under that constraint. I pay a license for Irfanview, because of things like this, but let me repeat that it is a free product.

Edited by Old_Painless

Just use FRAPS and then use photoshop to reduce size of the image file?

If you run the game in windowed mode it will make a screen shot in both games, it just doesn't work in full screen mode, which is kind of a let down from BIS :sad:

Just use FRAPS and then use photoshop to reduce size of the image file?

Yeah that would work too. I was just thrilled to discover that FRAPS does not have to be running (nor installed), and free software could be used to finalize the process. Paint which is installed together with windows can be used in stead of IrfanView, only not as clever.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

If you run the game in windowed mode it will make a screen shot in both games, it just doesn't work in full screen mode, which is kind of a let down from BIS :sad:

Hi, could you clarify, please - what does not work in full screen mode? My PrintScreen method certainly does....

Edited by Old_Painless

wth? ive been able to printscreen full game ever since arma 1.05

maybe u guys are running windows 7 or vista and thats why

Press alt-Print Screen to capture active window

wth? ive been able to printscreen full game ever since arma 1.05

maybe u guys are running windows 7 or vista and thats why

Yes I don't think there is anything new in this post of mine (which resurrected this thread). I just had to take a screenshot for the first time the other day and didn't know how. Then I searched and found thread after thread saying that you have to have this or that software installed to do so. That turned out to not be necessary.

If you are using Steam, there is a wonderfully simple feature which allows you to make Screenshots and upload them to Steam cloud without any Fraps / Photoshop workaround (works in Fullscreen as well).

Configure the key used under Settings -> Ingame under "Screenshot shortcut keys:" and on top of that under Settings -> Downloads + Cloud you can enable "Open the screenshot manager after games when screenshots are taken", so you can immediately pic out the nicest one for Facebook etc. and delete the others, just like with a Digicam. Simple and straightforward, Steam :-D

If you are using Steam, there is a wonderfully simple feature which allows you to make Screenshots and upload them to Steam cloud without any Fraps / Photoshop workaround (works in Fullscreen as well).

Configure the key used under Settings -> Ingame under "Screenshot shortcut keys:" and on top of that under Settings -> Downloads + Cloud you can enable "Open the screenshot manager after games when screenshots are taken", so you can immediately pic out the nicest one for Facebook etc. and delete the others, just like with a Digicam. Simple and straightforward, Steam :-D

The problem with this is that the image quality of the Steam Screenshot feature is absolutely dreadful. Trust me, you're better off using Fraps. By a long shot.

Hello...

I don't know if this is the right place to write about what happens to me.

I have 3 screen configuration in ARMA2 and ARMA3. When I make appear the radios of ACRE, this is what happens:

arma2oa2013-10-0315-27-34-68_zpsca7fce65.jpg

This makes me impossible to use the Radios, becasue I cannot resize or move them to access the buttons on the top. Do you know any fix, that not goes through playing in 1 screen only?

I think it would be nice if we could move and resize the radios as in the map we can move some objects.

Thanks!