Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New beta for OA 71952

Danny;1678440']You should try video memory at Very High rather than Default.

Try if yourself' date=' run the benchmark supplied with ArmA II OA, i constantly get ~3-4 fps more with video memory on Very High rather than Default.

Never understood why since Default is supposed to be for cards with more than 512mb..[/quote']

The complete opposite has been true for me; using High or Very High video memory led to WAY more stuttering and after awhile I would get declining performance and LOD swapping issues, whereas using Default would eliminate most of that completely.

Granted, I haven't tried Very High since several betas ago in ArmA2, so maybe I will try it again, but Default on the whole has worked very well for me with 1 GB VRAM.

The complete opposite has been true for me; using High or Very High video memory led to WAY more stuttering and after awhile I would get declining performance and LOD swapping issues, whereas using Default would eliminate most of that completely.

Granted, I haven't tried Very High since several betas ago in ArmA2, so maybe I will try it again, but Default on the whole has worked very well for me with 1 GB VRAM.

Can you please run the benchmark supplied with operation arrowhead, once with default and once with very high and report back?

Will do, am away from my main rig this weekend but on Monday or Tuesday I will do it first thing.

I have the same issue and I too have A2 with OA merged, cant use missions as it keeps going back to editor and throwing up various issues with "All artilleryTarget." linked. Same targets as you have, even added "mod=beta" ... same anyway. Hmmmmm.

According to the readme the proper shortcut should be -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion. This may be the source of errors for some of you:

You have "Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" in your modfolder as in -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\armaOA2.exe" -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

With this latest beta patch, I no longer hear sonic cracks from nearby rounds =( Checked with a few others on the server with me and they reported the same.

Same here mate. And i only have a 512mb card.

According to the readme the proper shortcut should be -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion. This may be the source of errors for some of you:

That is what I get for not reading. :butbut: Thanks. No more errors.

Here is my line for the Steam combined ops runA2CO

:run

"%_ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION\BETA\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca;EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion" "-nosplash" "-cpucount=2" "-exthreads=7" "-mod=@CBA;@Summer;@Islands" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

ENDLOCAL

@Fatty86 ... so bloody stupid of me to ignore this already posted in the thread (it read like it looked wrong), and then not to see the ready created shortcut in the Arma2 root .... DOH! I never looked in the root for it because I created my own based on the install not making one.

I have sveral bugs in this patch. Weapon dont back to previous position after shoting. Thats wrong very wrong, becouse you cant shoot very quickly, mus t shot one bulet and aim again in to the taget. shot and im again, shot and aim again. Thats bug need fix and quick. Second bug shows sometimes, when im go to the main city in the multiplayer game, game start frezing then im try to move, but this bugs shows in only one town

:D Thats the way it should be.

What? this bulshit aiming proces ?You kiddin on me ?

No he's not - try reading the recoil thread.

No he's not - try reading the recoil thread.

Comon this aiming proces is fucking bulshit and stop say it what this is very realistic aiming bla bla bla. Then you shoting and can't control the weopon bla bla, yes this utra real shoting they made in this game, then you shoting and you dont know were you shoting. Hell yeah!!

Stop being a drama queen.

If you go prone its barely noticeable. If youre standing up and popping away like a bunny on crack then you SHOULDNT be hitting stuff reliably.

Aim. Or play COD.

Someone gets quite worked up when people disagree. :rolleyes:

It's not a bug, it's a new feature called kickback that BIS recently introduced. Personally, after the latest patch toned it down a lot, I like it.

Comon this aiming proces is fucking bulshit and stop say it what this is very realistic aiming bla bla bla. Then you shoting and can't control the weopon bla bla, yes this utra real shoting they made in this game, then you shoting and you dont know were you shoting. Hell yeah!!

Just because of your meltdown BIS will make the recoil 10x100th power more exaggerated than it was. Each shot will blow you back 500 meters and rip your arms off. :p

Chill. Now lets get back to the beta.

BIS - I didn't see it in the patch notes but the wheels up helicopter issue is fixed. Thanks for that.

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Question for everyone, what directory do I put @islands in so they show up in the "expansions" tab when I launch this Beta?

"Old" beta, I know, but I really have to facepalm myself as hard as possible right about now..

The "report" I posted earlier (reply #92) was actually a tad faulty:

My PC had suddenly decided, probably because it was disconnected from the powergrid for a few days, that I didn't want my CPU to be overclocked anymore so those tests I ran and campaign I played I played with my CPU at it's stock 2.4Ghz. :rolleyes:

Realised it just now and rectified and now when the CPU actually is at 3.2Ghz no more stutters, Takistan runs smooth like fresh shaven.. cheek, and Zargabad runs fine too, as in with a bit lower FPS obviously but doesn't stutter.

Danny;1679215']Can you please run the benchmark supplied with operation arrowhead' date=' once with default and once with very high and report back?[/quote']

Okay, so here are my results:

E08: Benchmark with Default Video Memory setting

Run 1: 40

Run 2: 41

E08: Benchmark with Very High Video Memory setting

Run 1: 44

Run 2: 45

Notes: Yes, the average FPS is slightly higher with Very High. However, as I stated before, the stuttering was much, much worse using Very High, and the LOD swapping was a lot slower/more problematic. Even though the average framerate claims to be faster, in actually watching the benchmark run, the experience is much worse with Very High as opposed to Default.

For these reasons alone, I won't be using Very High.

EDIT: Another issue I'd like to note is that oftentimes now when I change settings like Video Memory and Anti-Aliasing in-game, the game will refresh with flashing black textures sometimes, or, as what happened when I tried to go from Default video memory to Very High, the game flickered on and off for a few seconds, trying to re-render, and finally just crashed the video drivers, forcing me to reboot. Not sure if this has come up as a result of new nVidia drivers or OA/betas, but it seems like a pretty serious issue.

Notes: Yes, the average FPS is slightly higher with Very High. However, as I stated before, the stuttering was much, much worse using Very High, and the LOD swapping was a lot slower/more problematic. Even though the average framerate claims to be faster, in actually watching the benchmark run, the experience is much worse with Very High as opposed to Default.

For these reasons alone, I won't be using Very High.

I have exactly same problem with video memory switched to Very High. I can't utilize my 2 Gb video memory because of stuttering and slow LOD switching.

Yeah, people keep saying that Default is for "extremely large" (i.e. 1.5+ GB) VRAM, but that's simply not true. I think it's more like Very High is for 256 MB and Default is for 512 MB+, or possibly 512 MB and 1 GB+ respectively. In any case, Very High does not utilize all of my 1 GB of VRAM.