Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New beta for OA 71952

Sethos -thanks for the help/speedy reply

re.12gigs -i have no idea but just "feel" the more uses then the better !

(give me a break i paid for 12gigs -maybe nothing will ever use it lol )

anyway going to try & change the .exe thingy now

cheers for that

And no "Ammo box" fix ???

Whats about Ammo Box??

Yha the prefomence is still bad with the stutters/lag going on. Drops very low to about 20 FPS most of the time, even with an 60 FPS it stutters/lags. Hope the preformence gets better in the next patch.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Sethos -thanks for the help/speedy reply

re.12gigs -i have no idea but just "feel" the more uses then the better !

(give me a break i paid for 12gigs -maybe nothing will ever use it lol )

anyway going to try & change the .exe thingy now

cheers for that

Yeah, I know what you mean but games today barely exceeds 1 - 1.5GB usage of active memory, it's completely unnecessary and won't give you anything in terms of performance.

Performance on Takistan is now really good. I'm getting ~25-30 fps with everything on high or very high except AA and pp (it's both on normal) and visibility of 8000 during missions. That's enough for me to play Singleplayer. When I'm flying planes I get up to 60 fps and flying at more than 900km/h is now no problem on Takistan. I even managed to brake the soundbarrier with the F-35. 1240km/h. Just flew up to about 7000m and turned the nose towards the ground. That would have been impossible for me with 1.52. On Chernarus it's still impossible due to horrible stutter when flying above 900km/h. Zargabad runs good with everything on normal, pp on low and visibility at 5000. Getting nearly no stutter at all and about 24-30fps (according to fraps) in 'Eye Of The Typhoon' with these settings.

Seems I'm one of the lucky ones who can enjoy ArmA2 and OA without having problems with performance.

E08 Benchmarks results in 27fps with the settings I use for Takistan and 45fps with Zargabad settings. Benchmark stutters horribly though but I don't have stutter when I'm actually playing.

Recoil is good.

Edited by Derbysieger

Performance on Takistan is now really good. I'm getting ~25-30 fps with everything on high or very high except AA and pp (it's both on normal) and visibility of 8000 during missions. That's enough for me to play Singleplayer. When I'm flying planes I get up to 60 fps and flying at more than 900km/h is now no problem on Takistan. I even managed to brake the soundbarrier with the F-35. 1240km/h. Just flew up to about 7000m and turned the nose towards the ground. That would have been impossible for me with 1.52. On Chernarus it's still impossible due to horrible stutter when flying above 900km/h. Zargabad runs good with everything on normal, pp on low and visibility at 5000. Getting nearly no stutter at all and about 24-30fps (according to fraps) in 'Eye Of The Typhoon' with these settings.

Seems I'm one of the lucky ones who can enjoy ArmA2 and OA without having problems with performance.

E08 Benchmarks results in 27fps with the settings I use for Takistan and 45fps with Zargabad settings. Benchmark stutters horribly though but I don't have stutter when I'm actually playing.

Recoil is good.

Lol realy, 24-30fps thats good! Naaaw thats not good man even with your benchmarks at 27fps. Wow and you say stutters horribly at benchmark but you dont have stutter when actually playing? Lucky has nothing to do with this game! You dont buy an game and one buyer is the lucky one, there not giving out gold tickets. Whats your system spec? Scratch that does not matter cause the stutter/lag issue is going on with even the tops of the computers. People with 2x better computer then me get the same preformence as i do.

Intel i7 920 @3.99GHz

6GB DDR 3

Sapphire Toxic HD 4870

Intel X25-M 80 GB

I'm fine with those fps during the missions. I can aim and shoot with no problems and it looks smooth. That's all what matters for me. And I cranked the graphics up with this betapatch. And the Benchmark stutters always for me it's strange. I can do what I want. Fraps is telling me I'm having 60fps at some point but it doesn't look like it.

But when I'm playing with the editor or a mission there is no stutter. Even if there's only 24fps I'm fine. When I turn pp on high or very high 24fps is no longer fine though.

I admit there is something wrong with the game when people with better Graphicscards don't have better performance. I only said I'm happy with the performance I have. I could get much more fps when I would turn down the settings but my current settings are a good compromise between performance and looks for me. I'm fine with it. There's nothing wrong saying that, right?

Edited by Derbysieger

@Derbysieger

See your saying you get 24 fps, thats not good. Maybe your use to bad games with that kind of lag/stutters. If your running at 24 fps and you saying nothing is wrong on your end, well i guess your good at how its going. Realy i dont know what els to say about your end. Ask anybody that gets 24 fps in any game im sure they will tell you its not good even when there running an top notch computer and there getting that kind of preformence. You admit there is something wrong with the game so im sure you know where im comeing from and where the others are comeing from with this stutter/lag issue.

I was suprised when I first played ArmA 2 how good it feels even when fps are low. In urban areas it often drops to ~24fps most times i get about 30fps Sure there is a difference between 24-30 and 45-60 fps but I don't need that for singleplayer. You're right about me. I'm used to play with low fps because this computer is only a year old. Before I had a laptop for 3 years (Intel Pentium D 1,73GHz, 512MB RAM, GeForce Go6600 128MB) And i was playing Battlefield 2, World in Conflict and AoE3 on it. Guess how fps were^^

About the Recoil: I tried some Machineguns and for me the M249 SAW doesn't feel so good like in the previous Betapatch when fired from a standing position. The RPK is also relativly easy to control when you're staying. For most guns I'm happy with the current recoil.

Edited by Derbysieger

The recoil is improved, but it feels a bit exaggerated when firing from the crouched position. Prone is just right and it feels right for standing, but crouched seems to almost have more recoil than standing, which doesn't really make sense.

The recoil is improved, but it feels a bit exaggerated when firing from the crouched position. Prone is just right and it feels right for standing, but crouched seems to almost have more recoil than standing, which doesn't really make sense.

Maybe they forgot to change the crouching recoil model, it's been done in the past. :rolleyes:

Anyway so what's so great about the new recoil? I saw the recoil from the first beta and it was a step in the right direction, but way too over exaggerated. IRL your muscles try to compensate for the recoil and do so as best they can, so your barrel really only climbs a little bit in the end result. Obviously with full-auto you'd still climb a lot very rapidly.

I noticed a few people mentioning the No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/All artilleryTarget.' message on startup. I too have this issue. With the first beta, I followed the tips by Cyborg112 so the beta will find my addons. What I did with this beta release was ditch everything found the original beta folder I had as per Cyborg's instructions, let the .exe make a new beta folder in the expansions folder as usual and just drag everything into the beta folder again.

Used the same shortcut I made on my desktop for the previous beta, but now getting that error every time on startup. Figured I'd chime in as well to mention I'm having the issue as well. Oh and oh yeah, I have AA2 & OA both combined. My ArmA 2 has the latest patch as well, and obviously OA has the new beta just released, heh. ;)

[EDIT] Figured I'd also show my startup, etc just incase if the issue is in front of my stupid face all along and needs pointing out, lol.

Target: "H:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty

Start In: "H:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

Edited by Yokhanan

Same thing. No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/All artilleryTarget.' message and others throughout game play.

Playing Steam combined.

no problems with the config error i installed the beta over the old and didnt do anything else just started the game and it seem to be working ok.

does anyone know about uninstalling the beta with the .exe file that's in the package ? I heard nothing real good about it with the A2-betas, for example that it could erase some content that it shouldn't ...

It happens...

Best method is simple ... Just delete the beta folder under Expansion ;)

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

for those having errors popping up you need to have the mod parameter as;

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

;)

It happens...

Best method is simple ... Just delete the beta folder under Expansion ;)

yes, this is how I've done it since ArmA2 was 1.05 with the afterwards following betas - never had a problem with this method and now still no problems having with the OA-betas by doing so :-)

I've heard of deleted content related to the EW-campaign that came with 1.05 when using the uninstaller.exe, so I'll keep my fingers of that as long as it'll be "proven" that the uninstaller won't do any harm ...

Edited by langgis08

for those having errors popping up you need to have the mod parameter as;

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

;)

So then Cyborg's instructions are no good with the latest beta? Because the previous beta I had absolutely no issues with doing it his way, only now with the latest am I getting spammed with Arty-related error messages for dozens of classes. :confused:

my 8gb of ram are getting dusty whats the eta on LAA actually working?

For me it makes a (small) difference. But I can feel it (gave me 2-3fps more when I enabled LAA for OA 1.52 with LaaTiDo). I usually have 1.3GB RAM in use when I'm on desktop. In ArmA OA without LAA it's 2,5GB max so ArmA2 is only using about 1.2GB of RAM. With LAA the maximum so far was 3,2GB. That's not much more and I'd be happy if it could use more of my 6Gigs but better than without LAA.

For me it makes a (small) difference. But I can feel it (gave me 2-3fps more when I enabled LAA for OA 1.52 with LaaTiDo). I usually have 1.3GB RAM in use when I'm on desktop. In ArmA OA without LAA it's 2,5GB max so ArmA2 is only using about 1.2GB of RAM. With LAA the maximum so far was 3,2GB. That's not much more and I'd be happy if it could use more of my 6Gigs but better than without LAA.

Zero differance with me, LAA and this maxmem command

it always only uses 1.5gb my ram usage will never go over 3gb with just vista and OA running also dont see any differance in terms of streaming quality