Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New beta for OA 71952

Download

[71910] Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)

[71881] Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240)

[71881] Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark.

[71881] Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051)

[71881] Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374)

[71881] Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file.

[71881] Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)

[71843] Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction

Edited by Dwarden
fixed formating on FIXED ones

Just tried it, but my OA performance is still unstable.

Starts at 60 fps, few minuts later beggins to stutter, world objects start flickering, terrain gets corrupted, fps drop to 20, few other minuts later stuttering stops, fps go back to 60...

:confused_o:

Starts at 60 fps, few minuts later beggins to stutter, world objects start flickering, terrain gets corrupted, fps drop to 20, few other minuts later stuttering stops, fps go back to 60...

maybe next time add your system data,so the report makes any sense at all since not anybody has this issue.

I'd like to leave some feedback on either this thread or the CIT for the new beta as I'm having a few FPS issues but I can't seem to find the rpt file for OA. Some time ago I found the rpt for Arma2 but the OA one is eluding me. I seem to remember having to enable viewing hidden files. If someone knows the path I'd be grateful.

It's an installation from Sprocket (if that helps).

Thanks

Generally:-

ArmA2: C:/Users/<your name>/AppData/Local/ArmA 2/arma2.rpt

OA: C:/Users/<your name>/AppData/Local/ArmA 2 OA/arma2oa.rpt

Recoil is much better now. :bounce3:

Get a quick Q about recoil, I couldn't test beta, and won't be able in the coming days.

From what I understood, the current system simply removed the gun going back to original direction.

Does that mean that the gun simply goes up and slightly to the side, without going back down even offset from original position?

And does that mean that after 1st reactions, BI lowered the amount of upward movement of the gun, without making the gun go back down a little bit more toward original position? Ie, they change recoil amplitude to change aiming point movement between shots?

I'd have liked more that recoil amplitude would be kept, but the downward movement being made so that the aiming point is only slightly changed from original position

Patch isn't working that well for me, it keeps throwing up these

Main menu;

1.png

Loading the map;

2.png

Loading a mission I made;

3.png

I thought it was related to CBA / GL4 but disabling those doesn't change anything =/

I have the same error messages as above.

Regarding the recoil, I think the betas have really taken dire straits with the recoil. It's simply annoying to drag mouse downwards after each shot and makes shooting rapid semi-automatic fire impossible.

In real life the recoil is easier to manage than with mouse. It's not realistic, it's just plain annoying and probably prevents me testing more betas.

Moreover, the AI is happy to blast away without any hinderance from recoil.

If there's going to be deviation of the gun after each shot make it more moderate and more manageable. If it's not properly implemented I suggest going back to original OA/ArmA 2 recoíls which I find much more satisfying. Third option is to add menu option for recoil adjustement so those craving for "hard-core" recoils can have those 45 degree upward jumps on their 556x45 assault rifles :P

Edited by Blake

yes I can confirm these ^^ too

Installation --> OA Expansion over A2

Running beta .exe with -mod=beta parameter.

As he said..

They come up at start menu

going into the editor.

There is another one displayed if you try to place a czech soldier.

going into preview. It goes back to editor, without loading the mission.

I like the new recoil, it is not as overdone and forces you to re-aim after each shot. Full auto is next to useless for distances above 50-75 mtrs as it should be. But now it is manageable and you can minimize the spread by pulling down the mouse while shooting.

Edited by Cross

I had the same error when I'm using the method to use the ingame modlauncher with the beta patch.

Use the Beta shortcut and it works.

Edited by Cyborg11

No problems to start the beta patch here, i use _runA2CO_beta.cmd file from Dwarden :)

The lowered recoil is probably a good compromise. You can manage it standing with a SAW set to full automatic at a range of 200m and hit enemies accurately. Any less recoil than this just becomes silly, imo. Of course, a randomised element to the position the barrel returns to would be an attractive proposition.

It would be nice to see future fine tuning of some weapons or ammo classes. The A2 shotgun had recoil that felt awesome in the previous beta. Reducing that doesn't serve to make the weapon any more usable.

There have been two bugs that have been bothering me for a while now. One is the 'double grenade throw' which occurs because of an animation glitch when you try to throw a grenade while on the move.

The second is that the battlefield clearance module bugs out sometimes: when you go from 'drag' to 'carry' and move the incapacitated soldier, once you try to drop him he teleports right back to the position in which he originally lay. I remember having this problem with 'First To Fight' when A2 was first released.

Anyone know if these two have already been reported in the CIT, since it takes time to report issues fully and it would be good to vote them up?

Edited by Richey79

I received the same errors as Sethos, and a few others, said above. That was with my CO install and my OA standalone install.

From just a few minutes killing talibans and civilians stuff, I like the recoil so far a lot better than previous beta.

Edited by Mosh
typo

Patch isn't working that well for me, it keeps

I thought it was related to CBA / GL4 but disabling those doesn't change anything =/

Has same thing, just created a completely new shortcut and works fine now!

Seems like it just didnt like the old shortcut here.

I had something similar happen once, but only once. I switched the 'video memory' setting to something other than what it was set to (normal to high for instance) and it cleared up right away. Sounds like a memory leak.

yep i also think the recoil is perfect. now nothing stops to use the new betas!

if i use the beta.exe shortcut no problems...

does anyone know about uninstalling the beta with the .exe file that's in the package ? I heard nothing real good about it with the A2-betas, for example that it could erase some content that it shouldn't ...

So I always cleaned A2-betas manually just by deleting the complete beta-folder and installing the newer beta then ... it has always worked out with no errors, neither in vanilla nor in beta, with or without mods.

EDIT: did it manually as always and it works fine, version .71952 as expected . Savegame (OA campaign, pathfinder) works, too.

if i use the beta.exe shortcut no problems...

here the same, old shortcut works with that beta, too without probs

I just can't see any of my mods that are stored in \Arma 2\-Dir in the ingame modlauncher ... but I heard of that before

(http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1670941&postcount=134)

anyways, in Vanilla I get them all for managing ingame and betas should be tested without mods, indeed ;-)

EDIT: ... and here's a workaround for the prob that mods dont appear in modlauncher with betas (thx Cyborg)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1672935&postcount=7

Edited by langgis08

hi all

I have installed the beta patch ( O.A )

& crossfire isnt working still -shouild it be ? / will it be available in a future patch ?

is this patch now allowing O.A to use all 4 cores & all of my 12g memory ?

my basic specs:

i7 3.06

ati 5970

12gig ram

well done to BI for continued support

the last beta patches/official update allowed arma 2 to run extremely well on my machine at last ! ( awaiting for the same on O.A )

Why the hell would it need to use 12 Gigabytes of memory?

And rename your ArmA2OA.exe to ArmA2.exe to gain crossfire profiles for the game.