Sign in to follow this  
CG Man

Huey Venom missing

Installed ARMA II and Arrowhead now I cant find the huey Venom UH-1Y in the editor. The rest of the USMC vehicles are there.

Edited by CG Man

I've got the same problem, but with all new vehicle units, e.g. Little Bird, CH-47, the Huey, etc. Foot Mobiles (Czech, KSK, etc.) are available in the editor. I don't have any Addons installed. Armed Assault 2 version is 1.07 and for OA it's the newst beta update. I tried to deactivate the beta update, but this didn't help.

I can choose all units in the armory, but not in the editor. :/

It's listed as UH-1Y under USMC > Air. It'll only be available when your running Combined Operations or ArmA II.

It's listed as UH-1Y under USMC > Air. It'll only be available when your running Combined Operations or ArmA II.

Let's correct myself, if you mean me:

hmmyouseeysf9.jpg

UH-1Y is there, but no CH-47 and yes, it's CO/OA, map is desert. And I meant the "old" Huey, but this is only for the bad guys available and I found it. Still missing Chinook and, of course, the Little Bird. :/

I really have to wonder sometimes...

Use your eyes and some common sense peoples!

CH-47, A/MH-6 are NOT USMC helos, so you wont find them in the USMC faction. You have to change it to US.

oa4.png

oa3.png

oa1.png

oa2.png

Oh, and for clarification, the UH-1Y is the Venom.

Thanks DM. I told him exactly where it was. Pretty funny, he edited his post and added the "UH-1Y" to his post. He originally only asked about the "Huey Venom".

You have to be under the correct Faction to find the vehicles that they use as DM said.

You should have:

Side: BLUFOR (Blue Forces)

Faction: USMC (United States Marine Corps)

Class: Air

Unit: UH-1Y

It's on the bottom of the list. It's not going to show up if your running Operation Arrowhead. It will show up if your running Combines Operations (ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead) or if your are running ArmA II.

Don't worry about any of the other settings, just make sure you have these selected and you will find UH-1Y at the bottom of the list.

30vja5c.jpg

Edited by Nicholas

more reason why steam sucks big hairy cock. I should be running CO.

Just run _runA2CO.cmd from ArmA2:OA folder or just start your Steam Client and right click on ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead and select Launch ARMA2: Combined Operations :)

don't give me that smiley face. I'm running it with the make link AS THE DEVS RECOMMENDED. That batch file is a work around, not a fix. It's not a true combined game, and most of the older stuff doesn't have the newer features so you have a de facto 2 games running side by side.

The older stuff isn't supposed to have the new features...

You must be doing something wrong because everybody else can seem to find the UH-1Y(Huey) and they have no problems with Combined Operations.

I had this issue recently.

Check what mods you are running.

I installed the hiFi SFX mods for aircraft and my UH1-Y option disappeared from the editor menu. I removed the Huey related PBO's and it was back.

Just to clarify, I'm running steam so all my mods are copied to the common folder and not installed correctly. I plan on a fresh install when my hard copy of OA arrives and I can bugger steam off

I cant seem to find it either, disabled all the addons but still no Venom :(

anybody had the same problem? and since when?

more reason why steam sucks big hairy cock. I should be running CO.

Yo! this type of talk is inapropriate for these forums.

Steam may suck but use other words in replace, sexual profanity shouldn't be tolerated here,

these forums are a place where players alike can share their interest in the BIS Games, and ask for help if and when needed.

Keep in mind younger players dont need to see or be exposed to posts describing a metaphor for

a man's genitles that refers to your dislike for steam, we already have enough degenerate,

and shit mouth people in society, we dont need it in BIS forums!

Sorry for being off topic here but that shit I really dont want to read about,

take your mouth elsewhere if you need to use sexual overtones to describe something.