Sign in to follow this  
Royal-Killer

Should I buy from STEAM or Sprocket??

I never bought a game online, so i don't know how the thing is. Since in my country it was HARD as hell to get ArmA 2 and it will be more hard for OA.

Anyways now i want to buy it online. But i don't know which providor is better.

Sprocket or steam? which one do you recomend me to buy OA?

Edited by Royal-Killer

well considering that Steam makes you download the whole thing every time there is a new patch, I would strongly recomend sprocket for hassle free gaming.

well considering that Steam makes you download the whole thing every time there is a new patch, I would strongly recomend sprocket for hassle free gaming.

Does sprocket let you download the game how many time you need, like D2D? for example. Downloading arrowhead again after reformating or upgrading.

If you already use Steam and you like it, and you're not impatient, then go for Steam. If you want to support BIS and still aren't impatient, use Sprocket.

It's not like one is necessarily better than the other, it's really just about personal preference...

But either way, you'll still have to be patient.

I'd just also like to say that regardless of what some people are saying, I've never had any issues with ArmA2 on Steam, nor did anyone I know who as it on Steam.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Does sproket let you download the game how many time you need, like D2D? for example. Downloading arrowhead again after reformating or upgrading.

From what I hear yes. Same should apply for Steam.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

You can download the game as many times as you like to any computer you want, with no installers or anything. So all you need to have is steam account (free), log into it, download the game and play. You can only log in to your steam account at one computer at time.

go with sprocket instead. It's slightly cheaper and you support BIS a lot more.

Does sprocket let you download the game how many time you need, like D2D? for example. Downloading arrowhead again after reformating or upgrading.

Covered a few times in various threads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1662490#post1662490

Sprocket activation policy is extremely relaxed: unlimited activations on the same hw, 5 activations per 6 months on any hw.

Anyway, as we will be providing DRM free version of A2OA quite soon (we did this with A2 no later than 6 months after its release and with A2OA it will be even sooner than that), I guess this is simply no issue at all.

Oh! ok thanks guys. I'll go with sprocket, good luck in Takistan :yay:

PS: sprocket site is loading slowly, maybe because everyone is getting arrowhead.

Yeah the website is suffering a bit but the actual download should be better, PM me if you're getting slow download speeds :)

I also have a question pertaining to this, however, I have the Steam version of ArmA 2 already. I was wondering if they can still be properly intergrated and all of that even if one is Steam and the other is Sprocket?

Yeah, I'd really like to give away some money. If only steam would let me buy it...

:now:

I also have a question pertaining to this, however, I have the Steam version of ArmA 2 already. I was wondering if they can still be properly intergrated and all of that even if one is Steam and the other is Sprocket?

All forms of A2 should be compatible with all forms of OA and vice versa.

Yeah the website is suffering a bit but the actual download should be better, PM me if you're getting slow download speeds :)

Man I should of PM'd you last night. I started the download at 7pm....it finished at 4am. My head was a mess! :butbut:

Yup you should, I downloaded A2 in under 2 hours from 10pm last night.

I have downloaded ArmA2, and OA on steam. They did not merge and can each be found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

How do we merge these?

As well it will not start.

OA.png

Edited by Mikobiko

Yup you should, I downloaded A2 in under 2 hours from 10pm last night.

Sprocket was really slow for me last night. EU Mirror was around 160Kbs, and US Mirror was fluctuating between 80Kbs - 200Kbs. Finally this morning the US Mirror was moving along at around 500-600Kbs. Since only 1 sprocket instance can be running at a time, I will still have a little bit of A2 to download when I get home. Hopefully OA completed downloading while I am sitting here at work.

I have downloaded ArmA2, and OA on steam. They did not merge and can each be found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

How do we merge these?

As well it will not start.

[iM]http://montalban.7thcavalry.us/OA.png[/img]

Same problem here, the games did not merge. At least I can still play the games seperatly.

Edited by Placebo

Sprocket was really slow for me last night. EU Mirror was around 160Kbs, and US Mirror was fluctuating between 80Kbs - 200Kbs. Finally this morning the US Mirror was moving along at around 500-600Kbs. Since only 1 sprocket instance can be running at a time, I will still have a little bit of A2 to download when I get home. Hopefully OA completed downloading while I am sitting here at work.

Check your PM/

Same problem here, the games did not merge. At least I can still play the games seperatly.

Please remove image tags when quoting.

does anyone know where the sprocket servers are located in the us?

Chicago according to the IP, we just expanded on the amount of bandwidth available to the US server (by a factor of 10) so things should be pretty good from there :)

Well it should still be good for you, worst case a couple of connections should see you right.

On a side note: the US mirror for Sprocket got upgraded bandwidth ten fold just few hours ago...