Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

[OA][SP] Operation Black Thunder

Thanks for the mission was good fun, although the poor AI really dumbed down the mission (and every other mision Ive played)

I loved the OA AI. When I told them to move, they moved, even when enemies were around (but basically they were safe). Now with the Zeus AI mod they are like Arma2. I tell them to move but they rather would focuss on an enemy who is not important to the whole thing.

A couple of other AI bugs happened so after dying superfast by AK fire from 250m away while my high trained scoped guys could not squeeze a single killing shot I wont use Zeus mod anymore for this mission. Something does not seem to be right. In the end the pilots did not want to move at all and my machinegunner hat his pistol out... AI bugs.

That's the OA AI, I get it without Zeus, including in another mission three of my soldiers on a hillside just not responding to me whatsoever (it was most annoying)

And if your troops go into Combat Mode (which they naturally do) with or without Zeus they tend to ignore your move orders, in favour of moving up by fire and movement in pairs ("Go! I'm covering!" "Reloading!" etc etc)

Hm, funny. All the problems I had were gone with OA AI... :-/ Much more smooth gameplay.

Dunno.

AI dont seem as bad as before and played this mission 3 times now and as worked smooth everytime.

am sure we will see more patches to come as they did with arma 2 :bounce3:

4 of us played your mission. We liked the mission but we all had the same issue.

The farther we got into the city the more laggy it got. I was hosting and I was unplayeable, all I could do is tag along with the others. I don't know if it is because of to many enemy or civilians or what but I don't normally lag on that map.

All four of us have different computers of varying degrees and we all lagged really bad.

Seems like it could be a fun mission!

4 of us played your mission. We liked the mission but we all had the same issue.

The farther we got into the city the more laggy it got. I was hosting and I was unplayeable, all I could do is tag along with the others. I don't know if it is because of to many enemy or civilians or what but I don't normally lag on that map.

All four of us have different computers of varying degrees and we all lagged really bad.

Seems like it could be a fun mission!

The lag could be because of the civilian ACM. I have encountered civilians that will spawn in the same place and get stuck. It could be this is looping and causing massive amounts of lag.

The lag could be because of the civilian ACM. I have encountered civilians that will spawn in the same place and get stuck. It could be this is looping and causing massive amounts of lag.

That would explain the issue as I was laggin' around I was changing video settings. As the settings were chainging, I saw through some walls and there were civilians inside a building texture and they were spawing on top of each other and there were like 6 of them. How do you fix that?

That would explain the issue as I was laggin' around I was changing video settings. As the settings were chainging, I saw through some walls and there were civilians inside a building texture and they were spawing on top of each other and there were like 6 of them. How do you fix that?

Well there isnt much module info about the civilian module to limit it, but if you wanted to fix it yourself, just dePBO the mission and delete the module and then repack it.

Hello!

Not sure if it was already mentioned but I couldnt finish the mission (SP), cos the pilots did not move!

When Ive reached the pilots the autosave triggered and one pilot moved out of the house but then both of them refused to move. There was no action on the pilots and they did not join my team. (not sure what they should do anyway...) Also, the objective to get to the pilots was not completed.

Maybe it was cos my leader was dead and Ive played #3 who was in charge?

Edited by Zothen

Do you think it is possible to get Zeus AI and SLX to play nicely in your mission? As it is now, I can use one, or the other just fine, but with both turned on, the helicopters will not land initially.

Great mission. Only problem that I had was a little lag and then one guy who not get in the chopper. How do you call in the Apaches?

Great mission. Only problem that I had was a little lag and then one guy who not get in the chopper. How do you call in the Apaches?

Use your radio, (0-0-X)

Apaches should start engaging stuff around you automatically.

Thanks. Could we get an M246 saw in the gear menu, and a enough M16's for the entire squad?

played this last night and really enjoyed it.

Some nice Music in there too.

I know it was a good one , as I realised after I finshed it that my eyes were really dry , I dont think I blinked once in 30 minutes....

Hey guys, Im looking into some errors on the mission and I will add in what you guys are suggesting, I'm a little busy at the moment today though, I should be able to fit some fixing in.

I especially want the glitch where if the squad leader dies the pilots can still be told to join and follow.

M16s and a M246 saw will be added.

------------------------------------------

VERSION 1.60 OUT NOW

* M16 Added for use with all squad members

* M249 Added for use

* M24 Added for Marksman

* Fixed Pilots not joining group properly in certain situations

* Cleaned up old code and made the mission a bit smaller

* Fixed Debriefing

* Pilots should no longer get stuck

Grab it here -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/80u9q33x8nqtlqb/OperationBlackThunder.ZargabadV1.60.zip

Sorry, but i just reached the pilots for the first time and they got stuck at the crash site. They followed me out the building then they just stoped moving at the crash site. Also for some reason they become invincible. I thought i could injure them to get them moving but my bullets did nothing to them.

Sorry, but i just reached the pilots for the first time and they got stuck at the crash site. They followed me out the building then they just stoped moving at the crash site. Also for some reason they become invincible. I thought i could injure them to get them moving but my bullets did nothing to them.

If you tell them to mount the chopper or tell them to get back to formation they will move.

They are invincible because they are unarmed and stupid, they would just die right away if they weren't invincible.

Edited by Toasticuss

Toasti, thanks for the cool mission I enjoyed it.

Highlights:

- Instant action.

- Plenty of CQB.

- Triggers/objectives all worked

- Excellent choice of music.

- Balanced well (I Ramboed it, and got out with one last squad member and 2 pilots). With careful team work, more would have survived.

If you're still interested in suggestions, here's a few:

- Add some custom voices for more immersion. "Halfway to the chopper." "Chopper's deserted, where's the pilots?" Pilots say "Damn glad to see you boys!". Grunts: "Lets roll flyboys. Time to get out of Dodge". Stuff like that. Also, a little smack talking while in the insertion chopper is always enjoyable.

- Give the pilots handguns. I tried instructing them to arm themselves, but they weren't cooperating.

- Don't tell us exactly where the pilots are. Make us find them. They can start yelling when we get to the chopper. Maybe randomize a few different buildings for them to be in.

- A couple of enemy vehicles cruising might spice things up.

A few small issues:

1. An enemy was standing next to the extract chopper. He wasn't shooting the chopper, and the chopper was ignoring him also. Bad for immersion.

2. I played in MP but was only player. When I got killed I spawned into group member that was not leader. Leader would not move to waypoints. I don't know how to affect respawn order though. Maybe someone knows a way to insure the respawn always goes to next highest group leader.

Anyway, thanks for the good time!

Toasti, thanks for the cool mission I enjoyed it.

Highlights:

- Instant action.

- Plenty of CQB.

- Triggers/objectives all worked

- Excellent choice of music.

- Balanced well (I Ramboed it, and got out with one last squad member and 2 pilots). With careful team work, more would have survived.

If you're still interested in suggestions, here's a few:

- Add some custom voices for more immersion. "Halfway to the chopper." "Chopper's deserted, where's the pilots?" Pilots say "Damn glad to see you boys!". Grunts: "Lets roll flyboys. Time to get out of Dodge". Stuff like that. Also, a little smack talking while in the insertion chopper is always enjoyable.

- Give the pilots handguns. I tried instructing them to arm themselves, but they weren't cooperating.

- Don't tell us exactly where the pilots are. Make us find them. They can start yelling when we get to the chopper. Maybe randomize a few different buildings for them to be in.

- A couple of enemy vehicles cruising might spice things up.

A few small issues:

1. An enemy was standing next to the extract chopper. He wasn't shooting the chopper, and the chopper was ignoring him also. Bad for immersion.

2. I played in MP but was only player. When I got killed I spawned into group member that was not leader. Leader would not move to waypoints. I don't know how to affect respawn order though. Maybe someone knows a way to insure the respawn always goes to next highest group leader.

Anyway, thanks for the good time!

Good to know people are still having fun with it :).

I will for sure look into making audio ques, I need another American voice to make it sound right with mine otherwise it would just be my voice.

Want to contribute?

I could make the pilots in random buildings but for now its good where they are.

In this new version now for some reason the enemies will run to the extraction chopper lol, I have no idea why, I can fix it by moving a few of their locations.

In MP are you at all able to team switch?

I've known about the leader not doing anything for a while now if your not controlling him. I don't know what to do with it besides telling people to get a full co-op game going, otherwise just play SP. I am looking into a respawn script if I can get it working Ill make a multiplayer only version.

Let me know if your up for voice work.

Placing the pilots in random buildings sounds like it could make the mission more fun and dynamic. Also, is placing militias randomly inside buildings possible?

Placing the pilots in random buildings sounds like it could make the mission more fun and dynamic. Also, is placing militias randomly inside buildings possible?

Yes, just make the condition of presence 50%

I am loving 1.6. Great job!

Think about making a quick spin-off mission. Use the same mission, just make it at night. Equip allies with NV and thermal sights. Militias would still have their current equipment, but they would be harder to spot at night.

I am loving 1.6. Great job!

Think about making a quick spin-off mission. Use the same mission, just make it at night. Equip allies with NV and thermal sights. Militias would still have their current equipment, but they would be harder to spot at night.

That sounds like it would be awesome! :rolleyes:

Good to know people are still having fun with it :).

It's a fun mission. You should be proud. :D

It's the perfect mission if I'm in the mood for some not-too-stressful but hella fun war gaming. I think the amount of resistance encountered is near perfect and seems very realistic.

Make more missions!