Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

[OA][SP] Operation Black Thunder

I like the mission, with v1.3 the the extraction chopper wouldn't land though so the mission didn't end.

Now I wanted to give 1.56 a try but I have to make this post first because as soon as you try to remove something from the backpack in the Briefing screen, you can't return to the normal loadout screen.

Game is stuck in the backpack loadout but you can't remove anything or put new gear in it.

Have to close the game via task manager.

(OA 1.52 latest Beta Patch 72107)

Sarge;1685965']I like the mission' date=' with v1.3 the the extraction chopper wouldn't land though so the mission didn't end.

Now I wanted to give 1.56 a try but I have to make this post first because as soon as you try to remove something from the backpack in the Briefing screen, you can't return to the normal loadout screen.

Game is stuck in the backpack loadout but you can't remove anything or put new gear in it.

Have to close the game via task manager.

(OA 1.52 latest Beta Patch 72107)[/quote']

Just tested this as you said but it worked perfectly fine.

I am using OA on the official 1.52 patch. I was able to remove things, add things, and return back to the gear menu without freezing.

Can someone else confirm please?

Just tested this as you said but it worked perfectly fine.

I am using OA on the official 1.52 patch. I was able to remove things, add things, and return back to the gear menu without freezing.

Can someone else confirm please?

Works fine for me

Duuude, I just played thru this mission.

I LOVE it. I was waiting for that kind of misson for SP.

Urban fighting, great setting, epic Apache support (but only with HiFi SFX mod, otherwise they sound like crap :-/), and the very very very best... --->

After sneaking and fighting thru the town for 1hr I get to hear that music, jesus dude you hit the nail perfectly!

I LOVED the mission for that. Not loosing a single man on expert and having this music... Is just rewardind big time.

Have to say - the backpack bug appeared to me as well, I wanted to change equipment but the whole game stuck. So I just went with the standart one and took some ammo from the transport helo. :) No biggie.

Love the M4 anyway because of this soundmod. (only use M4&M16 samples though, rest is HiFi SFX).

Lol, mixed post with addon-ads, haha.

Thank you for your mission, if this was a first timer, its been a great ride. ;)

BTW: If you need russan ( no accent)/german (no accent)/english Voices... Tell so, I'd like to do somethin.

A mission Idea -> There are NOT many jet missions there at all and all people love the A10, they get on domi&warfare servers just fo fly it. Why not give it a SP version? I made a quick mission for myself, I dont know how to put objectives etc though.

All I did was setting a small taliban camp on a mountain in Takistan, added a few tanks driving thru the map and called it "search and destroy, approximate locations given". I blasted them, flying precisely and giving a tank a straight 1sec burst with every bullet hitting is rewarding... So why not make a mission about that? :)

Edited by megagoth1702

Duuude, I just played thru this mission.

I LOVE it. I was waiting for that kind of misson for SP.

Urban fighting, great setting, epic Apache support (but only with HiFi SFX mod, otherwise they sound like crap :-/), and the very very very best... --->

After sneaking and fighting thru the town for 1hr I get to hear that music, jesus dude you hit the nail perfectly!

I LOVED the mission for that. Not loosing a single man on expert and having this music... Is just rewardind big time.

Have to say - the backpack bug appeared to me as well, I wanted to change equipment but the whole game stuck. So I just went with the standart one and took some ammo from the transport helo. :) No biggie.

Love the M4 anyway because of this soundmod. (only use M4&M16 samples though, rest is HiFi SFX).

Lol, mixed post with addon-ads, haha.

Thank you for your mission, if this was a first timer, its been a great ride. ;)

BTW: If you need russan ( no accent)/german (no accent)/english Voices... Tell so, I'd like to do somethin.

A mission Idea -> There are NOT many jet missions there at all and all people love the A10, they get on domi&warfare servers just fo fly it. Why not give it a SP version? I made a quick mission for myself, I dont know how to put objectives etc though.

All I did was setting a small taliban camp on a mountain in Takistan, added a few tanks driving thru the map and called it "search and destroy, approximate locations given". I blasted them, flying precisely and giving a tank a straight 1sec burst with every bullet hitting is rewarding... So why not make a mission about that? :)

Thank you for playing my mission!

About the backpack bug could I get some more information on whats going on when it freezes, when your opening the backpack your doing it at the briefing menu right? Not in game? Just before it freezes what exactly are you doing?

I also use that sound mod and it amazing. It would be great if we got a SCAR sound mod too. Be sure to check out the AI mod I posted on the front page too.

Currently I am making a delta force spec ops mission that's going to be during the night. So it should be pretty awesome.

I will keep the A10 mission queued up though :). That should be pretty simple. :rolleyes:

got the 1.56 now give that a go and let you know still good you keep on updating nice one:)

Love the mission. The only bad thing is this mission drops my FPS to 20 (Too many thing going on at the same time?), And sometimes the helicopter doesn't want to land.

ps. I'm playing this with ACE2.

Love the mission. The only bad thing is this mission drops my FPS to 20 (Too many thing going on at the same time?), And sometimes the helicopter doesn't want to land.

ps. I'm playing this with ACE2.

That's just Zargabad. Try playing on it with nothing on it and you'll get about 40 FPS.

Too many buildings :icon_sad:

Edited by Toasticuss

well justed played 1.56 and was spot on no problems was ten times better well done Toasticuss.

oh and the other guy dont use ace2 then mods are a pain for fps

well justed played 1.56 and was spot on no problems was ten times better well done Toasticuss.

oh and the other guy dont use ace2 then mods are a pain for fps

That's wonderful to hear! :bounce3:

no worrys get cracking on other one last time didnt have music on fab music was really cool.

i keep a eye out for next one.

no worrys get cracking on other one last time didnt have music on fab music was really cool.

i keep a eye out for next one.

Alright, good to hear :). This one is going to have some great music as well!

To reproduce the backpack bug:

Restart Mission

Go to Units

Select your player (Megagoth1702 in my case)

Gear

Double click backpack

Click on the yellow magazine inside backpack

Click on the "left" arrow to get it into the inventory or double click it.

Nothing happens -> game freezes. Have to Alt+F4

Tested with a few addons, including CBA

Tested without ANY addons, just the newest beta patch.

I will keep the A10 mission queued up though . That should be pretty simple.

A mission does not have to be complex just to be good.

Do not be afraid of giving out "junk food" to the community. If a mission like that is so simple and people love A10s, why is there none yet? ;) People are gonna EAT them big time. How "good" a mission is is not defined by it'S complexity. It's defined by how much immersion you get and how FUN it turns out in the end. Also complex missons make a lot of script errors and make CPU go crazy.

Also, I do not see any AI mod posted on the front page. :-/

Edited by megagoth1702

To reproduce the backpack bug:

Restart Mission

Go to Units

Select your player (Megagoth1702 in my case)

Gear

Double click backpack

Click on the yellow magazine inside backpack

Click on the "left" arrow to get it into the inventory or double click it.

Nothing happens -> game freezes. Have to Alt+F4

Tested with a few addons, including CBA

Tested without ANY addons, just the newest beta patch.

A mission does not have to be complex just to be good.

Do not be afraid of giving out "junk food" to the community. If a mission like that is so simple and people love A10s, why is there none yet? ;) People are gonna EAT them big time. How "good" a mission is is not defined by it'S complexity. It's defined by how much immersion you get and how FUN it turns out in the end. Also complex missons make a lot of script errors and make CPU go crazy.

Also, I do not see any AI mod posted on the front page. :-/

I made a video example of the reproduction of what you were saying.

Tell me if I did something wrong because it looks like it worked perfectly fine for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJNmTEisLAA

Been a while since I rendered an HD video on Youtube so I kinda messed up the output resolution.

The music was from the radio playing in the background lol, completely unintentional.

About that AI mod, I must of never saved the last time I put it on the post.

I updated the main page with it, you can also get it here

AI Mod- Zeus's AI Mod

Edited by Toasticuss

Finally had a chance to play through it. Lots of fun and one that I'll play many times more for sure. Keep up the good work!

Finally had a chance to play through it. Lots of fun and one that I'll play many times more for sure. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, look forward to Operation Iron Fury.

@ Toasticuss

Nice mission, this is really your first one for ArmA2 ? ;)

One thing i miss a bit is the immersion.

In the beginning after you get out you run forward, shot a few enemys, and then you are in the city shooting some more enemys.

Maybe you should add some burning car wrecks, barrikades, animals...just more objects.

It would be cool the hear gunshots from the city, add a wild radio chat so the player really feels "shit...there is some chaos here".

Place some more enmy groups that run around the streets and/or defend some checkpoints inside the city.

I missed that kind of feeling during playing, it felt very empty there.

@ Toasticuss

Nice mission, this is really your first one for ArmA2 ? ;)

One thing i miss a bit is the immersion.

In the beginning after you get out you run forward, shot a few enemys, and then you are in the city shooting some more enemys.

Maybe you should add some burning car wrecks, barrikades, animals...just more objects.

It would be cool the hear gunshots from the city, add a wild radio chat so the player really feels "shit...there is some chaos here".

Place some more enmy groups that run around the streets and/or defend some checkpoints inside the city.

I missed that kind of feeling during playing, it felt very empty there.

I tried to add burning car wrecks when I started making the mission but couldnt find a fire script to put them on fire.

I could never find any decent radio scripts or wind sounds either.

Also I have to be very mindful of the framerate in Zargabad, its terrible for just about everyone if I had too much crap put in.

Edited by Toasticuss

I tried to add burning car wrecks when I started making the mission but couldnt find a fire script to put them on fire.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84167

Name a car wreck "burn", then place a GameLogic with this in it's init:

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";  nil = [this,4,time,false,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn; this setPos [getPos burn select 0, getPos burn select 1, 1];

There does appear to be a HUGE amount of smoke though, so keep that in mind. :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84167

Name a car wreck "burn", then place a GameLogic with this in it's init:

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";  nil = [this,4,time,false,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn; this setPos [getPos burn select 0, getPos burn select 1, 1];

There does appear to be a HUGE amount of smoke though, so keep that in mind. :)

It gives me a minor error but it works good

...alse,true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn; this |#|setPos [getPos burn select 0, getPos bur.....

Error Type Any, expected number

Do you know what is wrong? and that is a hell of a lot of smoke.

Edited by Toasticuss

Wow, the backpack bug seems to be there just for a few of us. o.o

I also play on Veteran. Maybe it has to do with the difficulty settings, I edited them a bit.

Just add in NOTES that people should get their hands off the gears and take the possibility out of the mission, it is not that important...

Zeus AI mod, I will try that out. I know about it already but I always hear these stories -> get sniped from nowhere , AI spots me from 1km.

Is is really that hard then?

Wow, the backpack bug seems to be there just for a few of us. o.o

I also play on Veteran. Maybe it has to do with the difficulty settings, I edited them a bit.

Just add in NOTES that people should get their hands off the gears and take the possibility out of the mission, it is not that important...

Zeus AI mod, I will try that out. I know about it already but I always hear these stories -> get sniped from nowhere , AI spots me from 1km.

Is is really that hard then?

I will put in a note about the backpack. I'm not quite sure how to remove it but Its probably something like "removeMagazine backpackname"

I believe they're only 3 snipers on the map, AI difficulty will scale depending on which difficulty you choose so take that into consideration.

You shouldn't be getting sniped from nowhere.

I used to have a sniper in the high tower near the road but it was too hard to deal with.

I loved the OA AI. When I told them to move, they moved, even when enemies were around (but basically they were safe). Now with the Zeus AI mod they are like Arma2. I tell them to move but they rather would focuss on an enemy who is not important to the whole thing.

A couple of other AI bugs happened so after dying superfast by AK fire from 250m away while my high trained scoped guys could not squeeze a single killing shot I wont use Zeus mod anymore for this mission. Something does not seem to be right. In the end the pilots did not want to move at all and my machinegunner hat his pistol out... AI bugs.