Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

[OA][SP] Operation Black Thunder

Please remove image tags when quoting :)

Just downloaded. I'm going in and taking names.:)

Finished mission. Good job from my perspective. No crashes or anyother problems besides my medic getting injured and taking forever to get to chopper. Several of my boys ran out of ammo too. Seemed strange since it wasn't that long of a mission,

My guys also had the ammo problem.. It was strange because they didn't use their weapons much.

Here we go guys after a unexpected delay, version 1.3 is now out!

You can grab it here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/dcjynywijnw/OperationBlackThunder.ZargabadV1.3.zip

Change Log includes

• Enemy AI Re-Written
  • Extraction point officially moved and working
  • Brand new insertion method
  • Pilots animated instead of standing around
  • More weapon load outs
  • Rambo medic fixed
  • Crashes are all fixed
  • Marksman now uses a Scar sniper
  • All script errors fixed
  • AH-64D's are now called in via radio

Edited by Toasticuss

played the 1.3 update i rather like this getting better only prob is blackhawk didnt land just hovered. everything else was ok

played the 1.3 update i rather like this getting better only prob is blackhawk didnt land just hovered. everything else was ok

That's on purpose to avoid team member being killed by the helo on the ground.

By the way i love this mission and its Black hawk down environment, i hope to see more missions by you Toasticuss :)

Edited by ProfTournesol

Are you talking about the extraction part? Yeah thats a general bug where the helicopter will get shot at it and will hover a bit. You can just tell your squad mates to get into it and it will land as usual.

That's on purpose to avoid team member being killed by the helo on the ground.

By the way i love this mission and its Black hawk down environment, i hope to see more missions by you Toasticuss :)

Thank you, I'm currently looking for a new idea.

thanks dude! Will try this later!

If you need any voice acting or any music let me know! I can do both!

thanks dude! Will try this later!

If you need any voice acting or any music let me know! I can do both!

Well my mind just filled up with possibilities now that you said that.

I could do with quite a few radio audibles.

Does anyone have a mission idea that they would like to see made?

Edited by Toasticuss

Are you talking about the extraction part? Yeah thats a general bug where the helicopter will get shot at it and will hover a bit. You can just tell your squad mates to get into it and it will land as usual

yeah was that bit tried that and still didnt land will have other bash at it still a good single player mission keep it up:)

Edited by PRambo

yeah was that bit tried that and still didnt land will have other bash at it still a good single player mission keep it up:)

This is being fixed in the next version :)

Next mission I am going to be making will be night ops style.

As a forum lurker with little time to play missions, let along review them and report issues, I'd just like to give everyone in this post cookies for helping Toasticuss make good mission better!

Cookies: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Great mission, but I can't seem to find the pilots. I'm playing v1.03 and I've looked everywhere including the Mosque and even the villa :)

Although I did at one time whilst searching hear Buffalo Springfields "For what it's worth" (what a great song that is btw) and thought it was a trigger to tell me that the pilots were close by, but it turned out not to be the case. Can someone give me a clue where they are please.

Cheers

SD

Edited by Soupdragon

Great mission, but I can't seem to find the pilots. I'm playing v1.03 and I've looked everywhere including the Mosque and even the villa :)

Although I did at one time whilst searching hear Buffalo Springfields "For what it's worth" (what a great song that is btw) and thought it was a trigger to tell me that the pilots were close by, but it turned out not to be the case. Can someone give me a clue where they are please.

Cheers

SD

Search inside the house where the pilot marker is :whistle:

Version 1.5 Coming out very soon.

Edited by Toasticuss

just downloaded a 1.5 will give it ago tomorrow on how it goes.

wouldnt mine a helicopter one been trying to do me own but aint easy

just downloaded a 1.5 will give it ago tomorrow on how it goes.

wouldnt mine a helicopter one been trying to do me own but aint easy

What do you mean a helicopter one?

Do you want a mission as a Apache helicopter pilot or something? I wouldnt mind taking a crack at a co-op Apache mission in the dark, I would need a dedicated tester to help me test stuff though. If anyone would be willing to do this let me know.

1.5 IS NOW OUT!!

Get it here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/znjmntyl5o5zgn0/OperationBlackThunder.Zargabadv1.5.zip

Edited by Toasticuss

Well my mind just filled up with possibilities now that you said that.

I could do with quite a few radio audibles.

Does anyone have a mission idea that they would like to see made?

If you want to fake a Coalition feel to the Op, I could voice one of the reinforcement Apaches, maybe.

Edit:

Oh! A new version, downloading now :D And a friend of mine just got ARMA II CO.... an idea presents itself, as this is now co-op :D

Also, I think you need a new defeat trigger - I was mucking around in 1.3 (Loved the upped enemy density in it, btw), and was on my way to the extraction point having picked up the pilots, had just left their building when the Blackhawk was approaching, he came under groundfire from the positions near the exfil point, and then copped an RPG round right to the cockpit which finished him. I couldn't finish the mission

Edited by Ravenholme

If you want to fake a Coalition feel to the Op, I could voice one of the reinforcement Apaches, maybe.

Edit:

Oh! A new version, downloading now :D And a friend of mine just got ARMA II CO.... an idea presents itself, as this is now co-op :D

Also, I think you need a new defeat trigger - I was mucking around in 1.3 (Loved the upped enemy density in it, btw), and was on my way to the extraction point having picked up the pilots, had just left their building when the Blackhawk was approaching, he came under groundfire from the positions near the exfil point, and then copped an RPG round right to the cockpit which finished him. I couldn't finish the mission

Yikes, now that 1.5 is released the evac chopper will no longer be detected by OPFOR so it should be perfectly fine. I'm surprised an RPG worked on it with "allowDamage false" put on it.

Kinda ironic that the whole point of the mission was to save two pilots after being shot down and then another helicopter gets shotdown. Black Hawk Down all over again haha!

Co-op also needs an end trigger too. I tested it with a friend and it didnt end when the helicopter hit the trigger area. I don't know why.

I've never made a co-op mission before and I just loaded the SP version up and it was working some what good but it started lagging a lot at one point too.

If anyone with co-op know how could help me that would be great.

Edited by Toasticuss

Yikes I will work on that, since 1.2 or something the evac chopper has had allowDamage false on it. I'm surprised an RPG worked on it.

Kinda ironic that the whole point of the mission was to save two pilots after being shot down and then another helicopter gets shotdown. Black Hawk Down all over again haha!

Co-op also needs an end trigger too. I tested it with a friend and it didnt end when the helicopter hit the trigger area. I don't know why.

I've never made a co-op mission before and I just loaded the SP version up and it was working some what good but it started lagging a lot at one point too.

If anyone with co-op know how could help me that would be great.

I think that it was probably the pilots who died, the chopper just dropped out of the sky and met an impressive and fiery doom when it crashed into a mosque.

I think that it was probably the pilots who died, the chopper just dropped out of the sky and met an impressive and fiery doom when it crashed into a mosque.

Haha awesome, well it will never happen again thanks to patch 1.5. (Cross my fingers)

I would love a radio audible of one of the reinforcement apache helicopters. I made a trigger hint of when he comes in and it would be perfect if it had a audio file instead.

I'll send you a PM of the text.

Edited by Toasticuss

I can't even start this mission because the helicopter makes it to the LZ and them it blows up killing me and the team. Sometimes the helicopter takes-off wile the squad is trying to get out and they all die.

Originally Posted by Toasticuss

What do you mean a helicopter one?

Do you want a mission as a Apache helicopter pilot or something? I wouldnt mind taking a crack at a co-op Apache mission in the dark, I would need a dedicated tester to help me test stuff though. If anyone would be willing to do this let me know

yeah apache one would be good shame they didnt add fast rope to be used on blackhawks could do a sort of snatch and grab mission

1.5 IS NOW OUT!!

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Just played 1.5 my team runs out of ammo lol how many bad guys omg

was better before and the blackhawk landed.

the blackhawk still not landing. did get to rescue but no blackhawk landing and run out of ammo sorry enjoyed more before:mad:

Edited by PRambo

Search inside the house where the pilot marker is :whistle:

Version 1.5 Coming out very soon.

only thing was the house looked like this

Pilots_house.jpg

I was also looking for 2 physical pilots so i thought there is no way there are people in that building, but after searching around in the rubble I got the trigger to work and got to the extraction point.

Nice mission.

SD

I enjoyed this mission - simple, straightforward but fun (something different from all those "clean the village". But very hard on resources (FPS was going down to 15) - my system isn't the newest one, but I think whatever is going on there needs to be toned down - considering that not much was going on (just militia running here and there and couple of civilians - meaning that's even before apaches started to wreck havoc).

Also unfortunately OA bugs ruined impressions a bit - most notably the ultrabuggy BIS wounding system which forced me to reload many times simply because someone couldn't be healed or got stuck on the ground but all of this is another story.

I'd also suggest you to include more weapons into the selection.

But as I said fun mission

played the 1.5 my guys run out of ammo as there so many bad guys no air surport this time??

seemed to slow down abit to.

blackhawk still not landing

1.3 was better sorry to say.

played the 1.5 my guys run out of ammo as there so many bad guys no air surport this time??

seemed to slow down abit to.

blackhawk still not landing

1.3 was better sorry to say.

Which AI unit is running out of ammo? they all of them start with 11 magazines except for the operator and the machine gunner I could give them unlimited ammo but that would kinda ruin it for MP and SP because you could just Team switch and constantly hold the fire button.... the black hawk should be landing perfectly fine, I made sure of it multiple times, can anyone else confirm black hawk does not land in the end?

Also do you personally run out of ammo? Remember you have a back pack you can fill mags with.

only thing was the house looked like this

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/the_soupdragon/Pilots_house.jpg

I was also looking for 2 physical pilots so i thought there is no way there are people in that building, but after searching around in the rubble I got the trigger to work and got to the extraction point.

Nice mission.

SD

Oh wow, didnt think an apache would destroy that building, its now fixed.

I am also investigating the lag problems. I can feel it too.

Edit: 1.55 Is now out

Grab it here

http://www.mediafire.com/?xegyoiza0hnnnt0

Edited by Toasticuss