Sign in to follow this  
wolf[173rd]

Bring back the OLD Compass from ArmA 2

The new one, you can't read off exact direction you're looking at anymore, why did you change the size? -_-

How is this a troubleshooting issue? At best it's general, at worst suggestions, I'll move it to general, please only post troubleshooting issues in the troubleshooting forum.

You mean that glowing object is a compass ? I can never read it as it just appears as white light from a circular object - would be nice to have this object not reflect light as much would then be a useful tool.

You just have to look up a little bit and the reflection will disapear.

Fixed :p

More importantly make it a NATO standard 6400 mil compass... Not even the Russians use the old Warsaw Pact 6000 version. :(

Also having it like the VBS2 compass would be slick, as in it works like an actual lensatic compass with the viewed angle magnified for easier reading and sighting. :)

More importantly make it a NATO standard 6400 mil compass... Not even the Russians use the old Warsaw Pact 6000 version. :(

Also having it like the VBS2 compass would be slick, as in it works like an actual lensatic compass with the viewed angle magnified for easier reading and sighting. :)

This. :thumbsup:

pffft I want the iphone compass ingame and I want it yesterday :p

A lot of the difference is that the OA compass is rendered in the environment with local shading instead of a "studio" environment like ArmA2; thank god! Also your screenshot makes OA look super blurry... are you not running 1:1 3D rendering to monitor size? My OA compass looks much clearer compared to yours.

Was it ACE2 that finally fixed the 6400 mil compass? I thought BIS did. Either BIS, fix that finally for heaven's sake.

Was it ACE2 that finally fixed the 6400 mil compass? I thought BIS did. Either BIS, fix that finally for heaven's sake.

Nope, was me for ACE2. :)

A lot of the difference is that the OA compass is rendered in the environment with local shading instead of a "studio" environment like ArmA2; thank god! Also your screenshot makes OA look super blurry... are you not running 1:1 3D rendering to monitor size? My OA compass looks much clearer compared to yours.

Well Holy Sh@t! That fixed it. Adjusting the whole rendering ratio to 100% made it perfect.

Well Holy Sh@t! That fixed it. Adjusting the whole rendering ratio to 100% made it perfect.

You can make it bigger too by turning up your interface size. For some reason those objects are stupidly tied to the interface size setting.

You can make it bigger too by turning up your interface size. For some reason those objects are stupidly tied to the interface size setting.

Which is godly annoying.

Wait, interface size (normal, large, small, etc.) affects the compass/watch scale? I thought it was just the 2D UI overlay scale.

I tried that. It makes the compass bigger but doesn't clear the blur

I get no correlation between interface size and compass size.

Proper Addons by Kju has a improved compass size.

Improve Compass Size

_Visuals_C_PROPER

#================#

Increases the compass size to make it better readable.