Sign in to follow this  
wasicun

Sitting on a chair

Hi all guys. I would like to create a mission where an AI soldier will sit on a chair. plz help me....

I don't know if the chair is in OA too, but in A2 there is "FoldChair_with_Cargo". You can use this chair like a vehicle, order the AI to getIn and he will sit there.

Otherwise, you're bound to make use of some sitting animation and attaching the soldier to the chair...

try setDir to get him facing the other way?

Thanks hes almost there.

Now it looks like this - http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5301/arma2oa2010071621100343.jpg

Should I just backing up one of the axies?

Also I have an animation loop but it keeps being interrupted when I come near him. So he lays down. Anyway to prevent that?

UPDATE: Ugh, just changing the X axis digit by 1 will make him go way back like this

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2425/arma2oa2010071621153229.jpg

I am spawning the chair with a trigger and using the exact same coordinates as the NPC so it should be perfectly aligned right? Is this a game engine fault?

Trigger activation -

myChair = "Land_Chair_EP1" createVehicle getPos player;mychair setPos [4133.93,4137.94,0.00145721];"

NPC init = "warlord1 setBehaviour "careless";anim2 = [this,"sitRfl_R_BidleLoopTest",true,false] execVM "scripts\animLoop.sqf";warlord1 allowFleeing 0;warlord1 disableAI "MOVE";warlord1 disableAI "AUTOTARGET";this disableAI "TARGET";warlord1 setPos [4133.93,4137.94,0.00145721];warlord1 setDir 360"

Edited by Toasticuss

I can't help you with the animation loop but when changing the Axis you can do increments smaller than 1 for example 0.1 or 0.01

I can't help you with the animation loop but when changing the Axis you can do increments smaller than 1 for example 0.1 or 0.01

Yeah the X is currently at 4133.93, just trying to change the 93 to something else will make him jump a lot.

I don't have OA yet so I don't know if there may be another chair type that will work better.

ummm..i got the folding chair and table in OA..and i thought at first its because i had A2(duh), but i removed A2 cmpletly and i still have the folding chair and table! but i still would like to know how to get the AI sit in a chair!

ummm..i got the folding chair and table in OA..and i thought at first its because i had A2(duh), but i removed A2 cmpletly and i still have the folding chair and table! but i still would like to know how to get the AI sit in a chair!

How do you know you still have the chair?

Where can you see it at?

Try this in the init line of your unit

myChair = "FoldChair_with_Cargo" createVehicle getPos this;  this moveInCargo myChair; myChair setDir 180;

use the setDir command to adjust the facing of the unit as they will no spawn facing the direction shown in the editor (credit to JamesF1)

Try this in the init line of your unit

myChair = "FoldChair_with_Cargo" createVehicle getPos this;  this moveInCargo myChair; myChair setDir 180;

use the setDir command to adjust the facing of the unit as they will no spawn facing the direction shown in the editor (credit to JamesF1)

Does nothing, I only have OA.

Ok well, see if there are any such scenes in the campaign if you can and find the name of the chair object that can be used for sitting, if such exists. Might try th editor and check for furniture objects, see if any of those allow _with_Cargo. Sorry I can't do more to help.

Ok well, see if there are any such scenes in the campaign if you can and find the name of the chair object that can be used for sitting, if such exists. Might try th editor and check for furniture objects, see if any of those allow _with_Cargo. Sorry I can't do more to help.

I saw in an ARMA 2 video of a briefing they were doing in a beginning of a mission where a squad of guys were sitting down looking at a projector, I guess that's the chair you mentioned.

Ill go through the campaign at somepoint, ill sacrifice with the NPC sitting on the ground.

The new US Army FOB template has guys sitting in chairs.

crw4 playmove "sitUnarm_L_relaxing"; crw4 disableAI "ANIM";

I cannot use that mission since it has things from ARMA 2 in it.

Plus putting

crw4 playmove "sitUnarm_L_relaxing"; crw4 disableAI "ANIM";

on a units init does nothing for him.

Edit: I put it in a trigger that ='s true and he does the animation but there is no chair.

If you look on the first page I had already found a great animation, its just that the chair would not align correctly.

Edited by Toasticuss

I cannot use that mission since it has things from ARMA 2 in it.

Open mission.sqm, Find/Replace USBasicAmmunitionBox with USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1 and do the same for Tow_Tripod and Tow_Tripod_EP1 and remove the references to ca_ammoboxes or whatever it is. :) Yet another example of someone with CO making supposedly "OA" content CO only content for no reason at all.

Open mission.sqm, Find/Replace USBasicAmmunitionBox with USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1 and do the same for Tow_Tripod and Tow_Tripod_EP1 and remove the references to ca_ammoboxes or whatever it is. :) Yet another example of someone with CO making supposedly "OA" content CO only content for no reason at all.

Check my edit,

Edit: I put it in a trigger that ='s true and he does the animation fine but there still is no chair.

If you look on the first page I found a great animation, its just that the chair would not align correctly.

Think its even possible to do it manually?

The mission with the sitting, has the guy and the chair hand placed, then a trigger making him sit and stay that way. So now that he's sitting, keep reloading till you've inched the chair into place. :)

Then never try to get someone to sit again heh

The mission with the sitting, has the guy and the chair hand placed, then a trigger making him sit and stay that way. So now that he's sitting, keep reloading till you've inched the chair into place. :)

Then never try to get someone to sit again heh

Can you read off the coordinates on how hes made the chair?

Edit: I tried editing those object names in the mission.sqm but it's still giving me errors on ammo boxes. I changed all the names too.

Update: I just deleted "caweapons_ammoboxes", in the mission.sqm and i was able to load in.

Edited by Toasticuss

Working good except for 1 script error about the artillery.

Now to hunt down me a' chair!

GREAT SUCESS!

After putting allowDamage false on the soldier because the chair was killing him, lol!! And making very small incremental changes with the chair i finally got him sitting on the chair

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/452/arma2oa2010071707175630.jpg

Who thought something that sounded so simple was so hard.

Edited by Toasticuss