Sign in to follow this  
Michael Withstand

What's the sign you play too much ArmA?

I Know when Ive played too much ArmAII when:

When im working at my supermarket and I drop a load of stuff on the shop floor and I yell fuc*ing lagg! out loud

A few things though moreso personal, not sure they fit for others..

you can look at vehicle interiors and suddenly the mass amounts of knobs and switches don't seem so daunting and you know or have a rough idea of what they do.

At airshows/show of arms you hold conversations with the crewman about the various systems on the vehicle/equipment rather than the casual bystander.

You find yourself reaching for the more complex keyboard layout when playing other games only to find 1/3 of them work..but you still try it anyway.

You at first don't understand why newcommers have difficulty with the amount of keys and find just about everything else now lacking.

You can name tons of military equipment weaponry and vehicular at first glance.

Also not sure if it's played too much or addicted but even after 5 years you stick with the game..or is it 4...

And to finish this..

2 go to that bed at 9 o clock...

2: negative

Edited by NodUnit

When you get lost from your family, you call and say "1, What is your position?"

When you fail all of your courses from skipping to play ArmA II :D
I had this in the days of OFP.

I figured this out the other day. It was when i was driving to my next job and wishing i could just press the + and accelerate the time to 4x :) And now that i think of it this dates back to OFP times

When you run or walk and you over-exaggerate breathing!

Beagle... yes... just yes, you win man :)

Remember... only YOU, can stop Arab crotch fires :rthumb:

Geography FAIL. :banghead:

@Beagle- Really? :rolleyes:

Edited by Sniper Pilot
I know at least one serviceman that would swear by the arab that saved his ass in the war.

When you start calling your manhood "Bradley."

Just one of the signs that you've spent too much time in Mnisek design department...

When you start calling your manhood "Bradley."

Just one of the signs that you've spent too much time in Mnisek design department...

If you are referring to the Bradley as the M2 Bradley, i think you should get that checked out bud :crazy_o:

When you come across a headless body and you attribute it to a LOD issue with a balaclava

taking ballistic's and bullet drop in to account when I play a strait forward shooters.

...when you can´t understand that other people don´t like this fantastic game

When I download any other military type game demo, play for 3 mins, get seriously bored, uninstall directly after and then jump into the editor.

When I configure every other game I have, to have the same keys as ArmA 2

taking ballistic's and bullet drop in to account when I play a strait forward shooters.

Too true, can't recount how many times I've gone back to others fps and waited for my character to regain aim after a sprint or compensate only to miss since the weapons are laser accurate anyway...and holding breath key.

Me too, I went to play Bad Company 2 the other day and I found myself slowly moving across the map, taking forever to get a shot with a Sniper right and was wondering why everyone else was running around with no cover like a complete maniac lol. I also wondered why when I threw a grenade at an enemy he just stood there like "Oh look, is that a grenade? Oh well." [Runs off after standing right beside the just exploded grenade]

I remember back in the ofp days when I kept thinking "if I were a sniper, where would i hide" when walking home. This later paid off in the military when i kept thinking "what would i do if we were ambushed now?".

Ah here is another one all Arma/OFP aviators will understand..

you find yourself searching for the freelook key and half keep and eye on your instruments and on where you are going, even though they do absolutely nothing.

When you answer roger at the fast food drive through when you confirm your order...

Edited by bobtom

When you get to your front door or are about to get into your car

you bend and look around half mime/half robot dance style looking for the open/enter icon.

20100708gamerscamerasmly.jpg

No but really, I always instinctively reach for the F10 key (default fraps screenshot). So I present the gamer camera! :D

Edited by LJF

When you run or walk and you over-exaggerate breathing!

I went for a hike today and ended up actually doing that, but I wasn't trying lol. I blame my time playing ARMA for that too though.

When you wake up screaming for close air support.

My personal favorite:

Constantly turning my head while playing BFBC2 because I want to look left or right... damn lack of TrackIR support!!

When your dad calls you for dinner, and you reply:

"Negative"

"Negative"

"Negative"

"Negative"

"Negative"

"Negative"

"Negative"