Sign in to follow this  
MavericK96

OA Mission E04: Jackal

Also, shot a lone soldier with silenced shot away from other enemies and the alarm went off instantly...I could understand if maybe a few seconds or the like but it was like somebody had their finger on the switch.

Agreed. It makes no sense that shooting a lone guy with a silenced weapon from some distance away would instantly trigger an alarm.

And regarding the "invisibility" thing, it's not so much that they won't see you while prone, but as I described earlier, they will just come up to you and try to chat or something, rather than shooting you in the face like they are supposed to.

so I am getting mad by this now

no matter how i plant the charges the T72's won't destroy completely, so I fail.

I use ACE2 so that might be the culprit but I did use the ACE menu to actually

attach the charges to the tanks, yet only one explodes totally.

I entered one of the tanks that did not destroy after I fired the charges off

and I noticed that it did not receive any damage,

every thing was green and all was working, driving, turret, main gun...

WTF?

is that an ACE bug or what?

Probably ACE-related. The official missions aren't meant to be played with ACE.

to blow it completely, plant stachels in between the space of 2 tanks. Dun place it too near the T72 anyway.

HALO jump directly between the tanks. They never seem to notice, but go prone/lay down quickly. Sometimes that one dude starts to follow me. :-D It's one of the few good singleplayer missions and the best that was in all Games, from OFP to Arma2.