Sign in to follow this  
nate_77

New System, Few Minor Problems

Hey guys, I just built a new pc, I used to play Arma 2 on a laptop but decided I needed something better. I'm having two issues right now, searched the forum a bit and didn't find much information. First off every time I exit the game and load it back up the post processing effects seem to be disabled or set to low, even though it states very high in the graphics menu. Resetting it fixes it until i restart the game again. Second issue is that whenever I use the second level of zoom on sniper rifles my fps seems to drop quite a bit for a few seconds, usually over trees at a distance. It seems to be a more choppy type of fps drop (good for a second, stutter the next second) instead of just constant sluggish fps Any way to fix this? Maybe Catalyst Control Center settings causing an issue? Thanks for your help guys.

PC Specs:

i7 930 4 Ghz (OC)

ATI 5870 (10.6 drivers)

6 GB DDR3 1600 Kingston Ram

WD Sata 3 hard drive 1 TB

Asus P6X58D-E Mobo

Arma 2 runs amazing well all settings pretty much very high, except AA, which is normal. I'm also running at 1900x1080 resolution.

Try editing your Arma2OA.cfg and change PostFX=x to whatever level you want (0=disabled; 1=very low; 2=low; etc. etc.). Save it then quit and make it read only in properties. That should keep Arma from changing it

As for the scope issue you might check your ATI control center settings and make sure AA transparency is disabled (not sure if it's called the same--I use nvidia). When enabled it seemed to make my game take a pretty big hit too, especially around foliage.

Hope it helps!