Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT FLC (FLIR & Countermeasures) (requires A2 + AO content)

Is there a directory named "Addons" inside of "@Vehicles"? Are the PBO files in there? Are you getting any error messages? Are you starting ArmA II only or ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead?

HA! I forgot the "addons" folder. I've been modding since OFP and I forgot the most simple thing. :p Thanks man.

Almost every ArmA II chopper and plane carriers the new countermeasures by default. The only exception were the UH-1Y and the MV-22, that's why I added them here.

Of course some choppers and planes don't have countermeasures by default, like the civilian Mi-17 and the AN-2.

Thanks for the clarifcation, I don't actually have OA yet (still waiting for postman!) so can't test.

Rest assured this will be the first mod I load the game up with!

As privately requested, here is the FLIR for the ArmA II LAV-25: http://rapidshare.com/files/405678867/glt_opa_lav25_flir.rar or http://senduit.com/1ec6fb

There's no need to host it right now. I'd like to gather more feedback first, maybe extending the whole package a little bit in the future.

If the download isn't possible anymore, please write a PN so I can upload it again.

Unbelievable !

You surpise us again and again ! :pc:

keep up the good Work ! :cc:

Kind regards

(ST6)Predator

Geez when I found out Arrowhead only added FLIR to only two vehicles and some scopes I was really sad. Now its better than I hoped. Just need to add counter messures to soilders now to stop their own Strykers backing over them:)

Thx

Great addon, but potential problem : how do old A2 vehicle look like through FLIR? Is the thermal signature implemented for them? Cause I guess there must be some property in OA vehicle configs giving the thermal characteristics. Are they present on A2 vehicles as well?

As you can see on one of the screenshots old units and vehicles will look a little bit different through the FLIR but there is nothing I can do about it. There has to be a special texture for every Non-Arrowhead unit so it would look properly in the FLIR system. All I did was updating the turret view so it is possible to active the FLIR at all.

As you can see on one of the screenshots old units and vehicles will look a little bit different through the FLIR but there is nothing I can do about it. There has to be a special texture for every Non-Arrowhead unit so it would look properly in the FLIR system. All I did was updating the turret view so it is possible to active the FLIR at all.

Does that mean a reskin of every Arma2 units is needed in order to get that thermal signature?

Does that mean a reskin of every Arma2 units is needed in order to get that thermal signature?

Nope, not reskin but redone rvmat as IR signature is part of the rvmat file. Sadly this comes quite close to a retexture but to make it really bad: without MLOD you can't do it since rvmat path files can't be "bend" like textures with theyr hiddenselections.

Long story short: unless we don't have MLOD's from all ArmA 2 units we have to live with this downside. Or maybe BIS fixes this issue but i wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Hit the N-button multiple times (just like you want to use the night vision). Please note that FLIR will only show up in the turret view, not inside of cockpits or in external view, and it doesn't replace the classic nightvision.

One thing i noticed is in Zagrabad i can't see the tracer rounds from t-90 with this addon and they are alot lighter than in BIS FLIR vehicles when visible. Also M1a2 is not lit up with engines running. Only its guns show

One thing i noticed is in Zagrabad i can't see the tracer rounds from t-90 with this addon and they are alot lighter than in BIS FLIR vehicles when visible. Also M1a2 is not lit up with engines running. Only its guns show

That's because the old ArmA II vehicle aren't optimized for the AO FLIR as it has been stated a few posts above. Nothing we can do about it now, sorry.

That's because the old ArmA II vehicle aren't optimized for the AO FLIR as it has been stated a few posts above. Nothing we can do about it now, sorry.

No need to be sorry, if can't be done it can't be done.

I can see the tracers on other islands so it's still of good use for now and better than no FLIR

I think we need some BIS MLODS soon ;)

Edited by vasmkd

Just an update and info 4 u Legislator

Ur mod works perfectly on Takistan:) As perfect as BIS FLIR that is

It's Zargabad that i was not seeing tracers on and still not seeing and i'm guessing it's probably a BIS thing

Edited by vasmkd

I can run this mod only if I copy all the glt_ data into the standard expansion addons folder. What is the folder structure and what command line parameters I need to run the mod with a mod-shortcut, as only a few servers allow this mod currently.

*SOLVED: I used "-mod=Expansion\GLT;Addons\GLT\Addons"*

Edited by Beagle

Legislator I see you created more addons and signed them with the same key. I want to enable the FLC mod but not the others, which is impossible of you use the same key for each. Therefore by adding your key to the server I create unknown security risks.

In general, a server admin simply has no time to hunt down all addons of a modder, and check that all are safe. This is one reason why enabling mods is rare on public servers.

Modders do the best if they sign each of their addon with a different key, or group their addons according to what they modify (pure config-based, etc.), and sign each group separately.

Even better, they should maintain a public list for each key, which lists all addons which were signed with that key. So we have an idea what do we enable with adding a key.

Edited by Proton

Hmm I need to discuss this with my team first because I'm not the only one who signs addons with this key.

Besides, one day the road will lead to an GLT mod all inclusive package having lots of missions using and required the content.

But I can understand the problem you're facing.

Thanks for fixing BIS's lazyness :D

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

hm.... i unpacked and renamed modfolder into @GLT_FLC and it doesn't wok...

plz do something :)

P.S.

and also Arma II Launcher doesn't see an addon folder. why?...

omg... i forgot to create "addons" inside it.....ow....

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

great addon :)

i wish you also fixed one more thing: T-90 series tanks have two special IR-devices, you can see them on turret's front. they make IR obstacles for thermal view and rocket aiming. They are part of "Shtora" system. I don't know whether it is implemented in ACE2, i have read that ACE2 has smoke part of Shtora system, don't know about IR part...

Edited by McArcher

I decided to extend this addon in the near future because I got a lot of feedback, questions and wishes in the last weeks. Next update will include FLIR for LAV-25, BTR-90 and GAZ-3937 Vodnik.

At the end, every config will remain standalone so you can still decide which vehicle should get FLIR in your game and which not. Furthermore you'll still be able to disable FLIR in certain missions via script command.

Legislator, I apologize in advance for saddling you with another request, but is there any chance you could also add FLIR to the MV-22? (I first saw the page for the mod on Armaholic a few days ago and was actually surprised that you hadn't added it to the MV-22 when I read the release notes.) In any event, you can in fact see the MV-22 FLIR turret on the first image on the first post you had in this thread; it's the bulb sticking out of the bottom of the nose on the centerline, inboard of the base of the inflight refueling probe and in front of the nose gear door.

(Though I haven't tried modding in ArmA yet, I guess I could try to figure it out myself, but then again it would be better if it were in a release that everyone else could get at as well...)

Thanks again for going to the effort of making this mod!

It's not possible to add FLIR to units that don't have a gunner view by default. If someone knows it's possible feel free to correct me.

This mod is only about adding a few minor config tweaks to some vehicles, not extending them in detail. I'll have that to more talented modders and/or BIS :)

It's not possible to add FLIR to units that don't have a gunner view by default. If someone knows it's possible feel free to correct me.

This mod is only about adding a few minor config tweaks to some vehicles, not extending them in detail. I'll have that to more talented modders and/or BIS :)

Legislator, thanks for the clarification. I'll try to take a look into that a little...