Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT FLC (FLIR & Countermeasures) (requires A2 + AO content)

This addon adds the FLIR system of Operation Arrowhead to some choppers and tanks of ArmA II. You will need Operation Arrowhead to get this working. I made this because most of the ArmA II vehicles don't use the new FLIR system by default. Additionally I added countermeasures to the UH-1Y and MV-22. Each config file works separelty from each other so you can decide which vehicle will get the FLIR.

Please be aware that not every vehicle will get FLIR, like T-72, UH-1D and Mi-24D. If someone wants the new FLIR system on those vehicles (or others) he can use this addon as a pattern for it.

Hint: This addon works clientside only. Server admins will have to take care to allow / not allow this addon on PvP servers. It may be considered cheating because some players might get advantages over others.

arma2oa2010070617551581.th.jpgarma2oa2010070617580321.th.jpgarma2oa2010070618005877.th.jpg

Addon-Update: Version 1.1 fixes the issue of the UH-1Y having no Hydras anymore

GLT FLC (FLIR and Countermeasures) 1.1 @ www.arma2base.de

GLT FLC (FLIR and Countermeasures) 1.1 @ www.armaholic.com

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Good job!

What's next? a mod adding lasers to Arma2 weapons that should have them?

HINT HINT HINT. :D

Good job!

Ooooohhh!

Legislator,

Thank you!

Good job!

McNools? THE McNools of McNools Desert US and SLA vehicle pack (ArmA I)? :D

No I can't fix everything ... the funny thing is ... I looked into the config files, I tried something and somehow it worked.

While all of my work I'm primary doing for my clan and myself, I decided to release some stuff. More will be comming some day, but until then I've got a lot of work to do and everything in the past few days is the basic platform for the upcomming. It may take a while, but it will come :)

Is it possible to add countermeasures to the Russian Hinds as well?

They definitely carry them IRL.

Thanks very much! is there any possibility to see your extraordinary "glt plants" addon in operation arrowhead?

Is it possible to add countermeasures to the Russian Hinds as well?

They definitely carry them IRL.

Almost every ArmA II chopper and plane carriers the new countermeasures by default. The only exception were the UH-1Y and the MV-22, that's why I added them here.

Of course some choppers and planes don't have countermeasures by default, like the civilian Mi-17 and the AN-2.

Thanks very much! is there any possibility to see your extraordinary "glt plants" addon in operation arrowhead?

What do you mean? I never created any plants addon. If you're referring to this addon, well that's not mine.

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Legislator Great addon. Is it possible to make that AI would launch smoke shells on such vehicles like BMP3, T-90 when you are shooting them with laser guided missiles, for example Hellfire?

I'm sure that's possible. However I'm not able to do this :) Someone told me this week that OA AI already uses countermeasures and smoke launchers on their own. Can someone confirm this?

I'm sure that's possible. However I'm not able to do this :) Someone told me this week that OA AI already uses countermeasures and smoke launchers on their own. Can someone confirm this?

I can´t confirm this !

I made some Tests with Helicopters and various Aircraft VS Tunguska.

The AI did not respond to the rocket bombardment !

Regards

(ST6)Predator

sounds good but i dont understund it. I must start ARMA 2 or OA with the Addon. I tryed Arma 2 with the Addon and "EXPANSION" . SO how i can activate the Flir in the AH-64 ?

If i try to start Expansion without your addon i have Error "error compiling Pixel shader

pSpecular Alpha ?

Greetings

Thunder666;1674760']sounds good but i dont understund it. I must start ARMA 2 or OA with the Addon. I tryed Arma 2 with the Addon and "EXPANSION" . SO how i can activate the Flir in the AH-64 ?

If i try to start Expansion without your addon i have Error "error compiling Pixel shader

pSpecular Alpha ?

Greetings

You have to run both ArmA II and ArmA OA. Everything else won't work. Please check this thread if you haven't already installed OA into the ArmA II directory.

Thx what an addon!

Just wow goes to show we all need to keep an eye on ARMA 2 vanila addons as some work for ARMA II combined.

Someone told me this week that OA AI already uses countermeasures and smoke launchers on their own. Can someone confirm this?

Yup they use smoke and chaff/flares automatically when they are attacked. The smoke seems to actually interfere with acquiring a lock with LGMs, not just blocking line of sight making the smoke very useful for tank commanders.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Great job Legislator. Anyone else having issues with UH-1Y and this mod; when I have this mod running I can no longer fire the Hydras?

Yes, there is no option to shoot hydras. If you have manual fire you can fire 2000 or 4000 rpm miniguns and with manual fire off you should be able to shoot hydras. Either way its like hyra launcher isnt even there.

You are right, sir! It was my mistake. The weapons-array had been overwritten by the countermeasure settings.

Here's a hotfix for the UH-1Y: UH-1Y Hydra Hotfix

Simply overwrite the old file.

For hosters, here's version 1.1 of the whole addon package including the fixed UH-1Y: GLT - FLC (FLIR & Countermeasures) 1.1

1st post has been updated. Thank you for your open eyes :)

I can't seem to get this to work. I put all the files in a new folder I made called "@Vehicles" and put that in my modline and I'm not seeing the results. :(

I can't seem to get this to work. I put all the files in a new folder I made called "@Vehicles" and put that in my modline and I'm not seeing the results. :(

Is there a directory named "Addons" inside of "@Vehicles"? Are the PBO files in there? Are you getting any error messages? Are you starting ArmA II only or ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead?