Sign in to follow this  
HeliJunkie

ConfigExplorer 2.00 beta (release)

Last Update: 18/08/2010

Version: 2.02

ConfigExplorer (@HJ_CfgExplorer)

What can this "Tool" do for you?

1. You can browse the game config, mission config and campaign config
  2. It shows you the complete inheritance tree of a class (please read known issues in manual)
  3. It auto generates (some) class code in an edit box, so you are able to copy+paste it.
  4. It can create a class list which you can copy to clipboard

What's new:

V2.02

• ConfigExplorer is now a module. Never was easier to add/remove this tool in your mission. Add Module if you need it. Remove module if you are finished. No SyncLinks. No need to set Variables. No need to call function. Add it and you will get an additional entry to your action menu to start the interface.
  • New button clipboard. Copy all text from the edit box (auto generated code) to the clipboard.
  • Dump button. List all classnames (from the curren classpath) to the edit box. Example: Fast getting a list of all vehicles or faces...

So give it a try if you are interested in configs and want to know what's in without extracting all pbo's and unrap all config.bin files.

Please give some feedback and/or suggentions in this thread.

Download (AddOn) @ Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11827

Manual (english):

http://www.ubruns.de/public/@HJ_CfgExplorer/@HJ_CfgExplorer.pdf

Will try to get a new location for the manual!

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

screenshot_small.jpg

Edited by HeliJunkie
updated version

Wow, missed this the first time around!

Looks awesome .... and it has a clipboard button! Cool

I have 3 requests here.

1) Search config entry in selected class.

2) Alphabetical sort config entries in values listbox. lbSort

3) Fill config entries in values listbox onLBSelChanged. Filling subclasses and parents should be still onLBDblClick.

I have 3 requests here.

1) Search config entry in selected class.

2) Alphabetical sort config entries in values listbox. lbSort

3) Fill config entries in values listbox onLBSelChanged. Filling subclasses and parents should be still onLBDblClick.

Thanks for your response!

1: Seems to be a nice feature. But what do you want to search for? Names or values? Or both?

2: Maybe optional. I prefer the order of inheritance, and not the alphabetical order. But there is at least one, who didn't. ;)

3: Not a really good idea, because that will override the values from the current class.

Thanks for your response!

1: Seems to be a nice feature. But what do you want to search for? Names or values? Or both?

2: Maybe optional. I prefer the order of inheritance, and not the alphabetical order. But there is at least one, who didn't. ;)

3: Not a really good idea, because that will override the values from the current class.

1)Names. To search entry in currently selected class. Maybe alphabetical sorting could decrease necessity of this. Also would be nice to have filter option. For example to show only classes with entry scope = 2, e.g. not abstract classes.

2)Currently, when every entry have inheritance prefix in string, it will not broke inheritance sort order.

3)But it will be useful for quick exploring configs.

Edited by conKORD

I can't make it work with ACE. known issue?

Ok, my bad.

I had to read the int_module.sqf to understand what I did wrong. It's only working on SP since it's checking for switchableUnits.

Great mod.

Edited by shay_gman

Thank you for this - your tool is immensely helpful.

I second the request for a filter option, something that can filter on partial names (anywhere in a name.) This would make it easier to find classes for beginners.

Thank you for this - your tool is immensely helpful.

I second the request for a filter option, something that can filter on partial names (anywhere in a name.) This would make it easier to find classes for beginners.

Sounds usefull. Will try to implement it with next version.

Not really....

... at the moment.. but write... at least I will read...

Only a message, concerning this module.

Features that could be cool will be relative to sounds, musics, images .paa, etc preview.

By past, i had to edit the module to transform it to be mp editor compliant (must of my mission require to run as mp mission).

I "installed" the addon and how I can now open the CfgViewer? :-) All manuell links dont work.

Ok found it ^^. Its a modul

Edited by Bensch