Sign in to follow this  
Darvo

Operation Arrowhead Campaign

Uhm am i the only one that is saying WTF was that??? Only 8 mission and the last one really sucked, not even a warfare mission was in there. I played the campaign in a few hours.

Also what is the point of the civilians??? I help them and i got a good standing with them but thats it, i dont see them helping me only at that plane mission.

Some other things, mostly when i need to do the last tasks of some mission the are just done already by allied forces(US Forces), so i only need to move in and kill some random units.

So bit disappointing.

Maybe have complained about being forced to play warfare, so probably listened to that. Personally I would have loved to do my own missions, maybe even based on that dynamic mission thingy (too tired atm to look it up), where Warfare and Ambient Combat was just happening around you out of your control. That could create a whole lot of ambience. But I never fancied running around like crazy raping towns for the sake of it.

Too short? Try it on expert with everything turned off, including all subtitles. Will take longer :p I did it on veteran with basically everything except unlimited saves and watch indicator and had plenty of reloads and full restarts. Then try again using another approaches, you might trigger completely different missions (not that many though). This isn't COD where reruns will be the same.

I got intel in one of the campaign missions, I assume form having helped the civilians in the past.

I actually find it MUCH more immersive on expert, yet slightly easier, probably because i don't get distracted by the HUD :p

Only 8 mission and the last one really sucked

What was the last mission you got? There are 3 different "last missions" depending on what you do in Eye Of The Hurricane. The only one of those which sucked for me was the gunship one (Finishing Touch) because of how easy it was. Was that the one you got? Eye Of The Hurricane and Phoenix Op are both fun and challenging, in my opinion.

not even a warfare mission was in there.

If you liked Warfare in the Harvest Red campaign then you are one of the very small minority. Keep it out for good I say. It belongs in MP.

Also what is the point of the civilians??? I help them and i got a good standing with them but thats it, i dont see them helping me only at that plane mission.

Seems to be kind of an irrelevant task that you can do if you want but doesn't have an effect on the campaign, like keeping your friends happy in GTA IV. That being said I wonder if you completely turn them against you do they also turncoat and fight along side the Takistani Army and Militia...

Personally I quite liked the campaign. Short and sweet with some excellent game play for the most part, despite the overall lack of story. Improvements could definitely be made, but I wasn't "disappointed" by it.

Edited by Zipper5

that and all the bugs the whole thing is a disappointment.

not worth 10 bucks!

Bugs? No bugs for me except in the first mission nobody wanted to heal anyone. Other than that it was a blast. H8ters gonna h8.

that and all the bugs the whole thing is a disappointment.

not worth 10 bucks!

Name a "bug" you've found, please, and we'll see if it's actually a bug. ;)

I haven't beaten the Eye of the Typhoon or whatever yet but I can't think of any bugs I have had that weren't related to my computer being of the low performance type. Most of these were just things in cutscenes too. Ex. nothing actually happened visually in the intro to the campaign when I first tried it. Thats my own fault for having such a low end computer though and I was expecting there to be problems. Beyond that I can't think of any bugs that I have found.

Well personaly i hate those flying mission, but do you get Eye of the storm when you destroyed those samsites ? i could not manage that and needed to save the pilot in the next map. Those droins do nothing and i did not even see the samsites when it was to late.

But overall i find the expansion a big disappointment and i think the just wanted to get some fast money and let the modders finish the game. Campaign was boring and way to short (still find the ofp1 resistance expansion the best) and the scenarios had no warfare missions so only doing the same thing but shorter.

Like other games it could be great but DEVs and gamedeveleports only see dollar eyes and dont have the skills to make a great game.

Well personaly i hate those flying mission, but do you get Eye of the storm when you destroyed those samsites ? i could not manage that and needed to save the pilot in the next map. Those droins do nothing and i did not even see the samsites when it was to late.

But overall i find the expansion a big disappointment and i think the just wanted to get some fast money and let the modders finish the game. Campaign was boring and way to short (still find the ofp1 resistance expansion the best) and the scenarios had no warfare missions so only doing the same thing but shorter.

Like other games it could be great but DEVs and gamedeveleports only see dollar eyes and dont have the skills to make a great game.

Then I'm the opposite of you, I love flying missions and hate warfare. I think OA was a huge surprise, it was much better than I expected it to be.

And if BIS only see dollar signs in front of their eye's they would only release one patch for OA and start on another game...sort of like what Codemasters did with "Operation Exploit-name: More Cash Edition". BIS release patches every week...they let people beta test their patches before the final patch is released.

I can't see how OA is disappointing with: FLIR, IR lasers, UN, US Army, CZ, TA, TM, ULB etc. There is a lot more to Arma than the campaign for example the mission editor which is extremely easy to use.

The editor has been there since Operation Flashpoint, even in 2003 I understood the editor in OFP being only 10 years old with limited understanding of English! This tells alot about the editor in OFP1/Arma...

only doing the same thing but shorter.

Play the Arma 2 campaign and then the OA campaign...the same? I think not...

Well personaly i hate those flying mission, but do you get Eye of the storm when you destroyed those samsites ? .. Those droins do nothing and i did not even see the samsites when it was to late.

You complain yet you do not know the name of the map. That mission is Open Season, and the next mission is called Sand Storm or From Hell, depending on what happens in Open Season. Then you get Eye Of The Hurricane. I've beaten Open Season only once to date, but even if you are forced to eject the campaign still continues on. You just have to play it very carefully and make good use of the ULB. It's quite easy to spot the AA sites once you are high enough and use the ULB's FLIR effectively, plus their general location is marked on the map within the red circle.

As mentioned before, most people did not want Warfare in the SP portion of the game because most found it a boring and disappointing end to the campaign, as did I. Though you call the expansion a disappointment, did you use any of the content outside of the campaign? I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a lot more than just that. Oh, and modders don't "finish" these games, they simply add to it. Just like every other game's modders.

Heh, you obviously don't know BIS' business ethic that well... ;)

Well personally I found the campaigns length to be very dissapointing, it was kind of like a checklist. Infantry mission? Check. Armour mission? Check. Special Forces mission? Check, Air Mission? Check. That'll do it then. I'm still thankful there were no God awful warefare missions though.

Oh, and modders don't "finish" these games, they simply add to it. Just like every other game's modders.

...Except Silent Hunter -series from Ubishaft. ;)

Well personally I found the campaigns length to be very dissapointing, it was kind of like a checklist. Infantry mission? Check. Armour mission? Check. Special Forces mission? Check, Air Mission? Check. That'll do it then. I'm still thankful there were no God awful warefare missions though.

The campaign has some needed variety. All you did in normal Arma 2 campaign was running after couple of war criminals. And I also dislike warfare in campaign missions. Warfare belongs to MP/SP scenarios. It was short, true, but I enjoyed (almost) every single mission (Except the missions where I was TC. Tanks FTW, but with AI crew... No thank you!).

It is sad that they kind of botched multiplayer campaign. Why can't I play it so that everyone are in the same team (For example in infantry team or inside the same tank as crewmen)? It is almost like playing offline at the same time, because there isn't much interaction with each other.

Even though there's only a handful of missions, the replay value of coop is huge, since each of the 4 player slots in the campaign has a completely different role in each mission.

I'm glad they took Warfare out, but less than 10 missions is really quite disappointing. OFP had over 40.

What you have to do in Eye of the Hurricane to get mission Phoenix Op instead of Finishing touch?

tnx

same here!

i find this OA campaign way too short

and not even all the vehicles were used!

what the hell there are the UN and CZ army vehicles for then??

Lets just hope for a short BIS made KSK campaign in the near future ;)

dont take it personal when people find the campaign short, remember that not everybody has fast internet to co-op everyday.

OA adds a lot to the game, lots of options for usermade missions, unfortunately not everyone is as good in mission making as BIS.

+ for all the new goodies

- for duration of the campaign

++ for the new scenarios (surprisingly good missions!)

The scenarios really are awesome. I especially like the black ops and tank mission. Tank combat was completely neglected in vanilla arma 2.

Campaign should have been longer, I agree.

I liked the campaign and no bugs except helfire wouldnt reload in ULB mission but that didnt really matter.

The stand alone missions add extra content and I like the new units/weapons.

Just shuttering which is my PC I guess but never had the problem with Arma2.

Well, yesterday I started the Arrowhead campaign and so far I'm enjoying and I had a great time with the first two missions (one as infantry and the other as tank commander) - I specially enjoyed the tank commander mission!

But there's a situation which is confusing my: Now that I finished the second mission (as tank commander - sorry I forgot the name of this mission) and I'm in the third mission (called Coltan Blues) I read in the briefing that the relationship with the civilian populace is BAD despite in the previous mission I decided to help (sucessfully) a group of civilians that asked for my help and I also haven't killed any civilians in the previous missions that I played. So my question is:

- Is this situation normal or is this a bug? I don't think that I've done anything wrong (like killing civilians)

Thanks in advance for replies....

Sorry but I totally disagree with you there. I thought the campaign was great and I would of been disappointed if BI had simply done another Harvest Red style campaign, not that I disliked HR but whats the point of simply redoing what we've already seen? We don't need A2 having two campaigns offering the same experience. My feeling is OA has made A2 a much more rounded game by getting players in to all aspects of the game rather than just being stuck as a marine. A2 has so much to offer, why would you always want to be doing the exact same thing.

Eye of the storm was great, love driving tanks any time although I did experience problems with the AI driving but overall it was a great mission.

For the mission before that where you need knock out the AA guns, well moving the ULB is pretty easy once you realise its just a matter of setting waypoints on the map. Beyond that all you need do is raise/lower altitude which is same controls as you use for the heli.

Also there are the scenarios to play once you complete the campaign, I haven't finished all of them myself but the ones I've done so far were great. Also I've redone some of the A2 vanilla scenarios and enjoy the features that were added as part of OA. Remember OA when installed with A2 did add engine updates so A2 had all the features of OA.

Anyway I enjoyed every single mission and my only disappointment would be having only 8 missions, so will agree with others that campaign could of been longer. I'll certainly be buying the OA DLC too.

Edited by Engioc

Why is everyone complaining? BIS is gonna add more campaigns as DLC

Why is everyone complaining? BIS is gonna add more campaigns as DLC

as long as they're free.. :)