Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

[SP/MP Coop/Deathmatch] Safety Pin

SAFETY PIN (0.77 Beta)

nomin_safetyPin.jpg

Island: Zargabad

Game version: Arma: Operation Arrowhead version 1.52

Addons: None

Highlights: Cinematic intro, music and custom sounds (including voices)

Download at OFPEC

Playtesting (especially in MP) and feedback is needed before i continue to develop this. Please respect that it's a (fully working) BETA-version, and don't host it outside of Ofpec without my permission.

SUMMARY: A UN convoy with important diplomats has lost it's way, and strayed off into hostile territory. The unarmoured vehicles will be an easy target for vengeful militias, and you are one of them. Lead your small team of combat experienced mujahedin warriors on an ambush mission. Avoid all enemy patrols. Locate the UN vehicles and destroy them. Then escape back to safety.

In SP mode you play the insurgents, trying to ambush the convoy. If you play the mission in MP mode you may play almost any unit on the map. Take the role of a helicopter pilot, patolling the skies; or play as a regular grunt on the roads of Takistan. The mission is playable as SP, MP Coop or Deathmatch.

There are 4 playable units on the insurgent side, and 18 playable slots in four different groups on the US side.

VERSION HISTORY

- Initial BETA version

- Briefing and overview updated

- Endtriggers modified

- Fire power added to insurgent side (Strela auncher)

- Radio chatter disabled on insurgent side (voice only)

- CH47 crew now consists of four pilots instead of two (all turrets are manned)

0.77 BETA

- Insurgent AI may now appear randomly in some villages

- Clarifications and spell checking in briefing

- Waypoints tweaked

- Slightly higher randomization

- Numerous small tweaks

Edited by nominesine

Nice to see a new mission from you nomin :)

Really enjoyed your last ArmA2 creation: "Altar Pieces"

If "Safety Pin" is as good I'm excited :yay:

Downloading now...

Laggy

Updated version 0.77BETA is out.

0.77 BETA

- Insurgent AI may now appear randomly in some villages

- Clarifications and spell checking in briefing

- Waypoints tweaked

- Slightly higher randomization

- Numerous small tweaks

I played 0.76 with a friend.

The mission is certainly interesting. However we think there is still a good bit of room for improvement.

It seems to us that the NATO forces have far too much airpower. Insurgents get one AA rocket, and there are three air units. We would often down the Apache but later get wasted by a different air unit. We would request you cut the A10, perhaps the Apache too. However the CH47 is a must stay.

This would also be a good mission for a revive script, certainly for the insurgents who are outnumbered and out gunned.

Perhaps we are playing wrong, but every time we waited for the convoy we never saw the target vehicle. We always ended up in a fight with humvees, light armor, and helos.

Cool mission, thanks. Look forward to trying .77 Beta.

There's no such thing as a bad player. There's only bad mission designers. The Blufor side does indeed have a lot more fire power than the insurgents. It is intentional, but it's overdone at the moment. Blufor should be stronger, but not invincible as it is right now. This is also one of the things I will correct before the final version is released.

Version 0.77 is pretty much the same as the one you tried. But if you are playing a hosted game with friends you can always decide not to touch the Apache, right? That's what I do, and the Apache doesn't do much on it's own.

Thank's for the feed back. Much appreciated.

Future changes will most likely include:

- Blufor and Opfor start further apart (this will give the insurgents a better chance to hide themselves and select a good ambush site)

- More objectives for Blufor players (to keep the Apache busy)

Really liked this mission, great idea and atmosphere,

Suggestions: Like testers above reported, the mission is too hard in the beginning. I would like to see a mission where the initial (UN SUV ambush) objective is doable if you play as a "non idiot" (but not super easy either), just to find that an escape is really hard after the actual hit.

The version I played seemed a bit too hard in that respect. I almost never made it to the first objective, which might piss off players AND reduce the dramatic effect.

Look forward to the next update,

Laggy