Sign in to follow this  
walker

MP browser default filter is WRONG!

Hi all

The standard multi player browser while being very customisable does not default to filter on number of players with highest at the top; rather it defaults to old fashioned and in these days of broadband almost redundant concept of ping.

This is wrong and needs fixing! As the default view for new players is servers with no one on them! They see this and do not bother to go any further.

This is because the lowest pings are those that are network wise right next to the user i.e. client servers in the local geographical area and with those lowest client count.

Thus they see empty servers occupying all the top pages of servers in ArmA's default view. This leads many people on initial view to wrongly assume that: no one is playing ArmA in multi player and they go no further.

I know I can simply change the view, that is what I do automatically every time I open it but after seeing several people saying all the servers are empty and that no one is playing ArmA MP when I know they are I realized I was always unconsciously changing from the default view to by play(ers) to place servers with most players at the top.

Also if BIS were to run say 3 public servers it would be nice if they were in a favourites filter on install.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I'd like to second this. From a perspective of trying to portray the game as being popular with busy mp activity, it would be better to list busy servers first on initial unfiltered default view.

Edited by Terox

It's what I do too, without even thinking (setting it to show players). I also agree it would help out new people.

Hi all

There are more important matters to fix in the game that actually are almost game breakers like the X-files effect of the ALICE module (looks really freaky with thermals), dying when driving or sometimes just walking downhill, ammobox issues and the rock models (no pun intended).

Being a person with over 4k posts you are aware of the CIT in dev-heaven.net where you can make suggestions and vote on them.

This is to make the life easier for the devs to have all the stuff like bug reports and suggestions filtered and investigated by volunteers before being forwarded to the devs.

Kind Regards Sekra

I agree that the default sorting should be by number of players instead of ping, but disagree that this has any effect on the perceived amount of MP players. Have a little faith in humanity.