Sign in to follow this  
Die Alive

Happy earth day

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 22 2002,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, I dont think there is really anything wrong with being a vegan.  Unless you are some strange vega-nazi who thinks people who do chose to eat meat and use animal based products are inferior.<span id='postcolor'>

And i dont think its wrong to eat meat. I just hate the industry behind it. Please get that. YOU CAN EAT MEAT IF YOU DAMN WELL PLEASE!!!! I just wish more people would kill it themselves.

And denoir,

not all of us are hunters by nature.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ April 22 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And i dont think its wrong to eat meat. I just hate the industry behind it.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I agree that the animals should be treated better. I have nothing against killing them, or the purpouse of it (feeding people can't be such a bad reason), but I would like that the animals are treated better during their life. This is not just out of pity for the animals but also that meat from a healthy animal is much better.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not all of us are hunters by nature.

<span id='postcolor'>

We are predators. You can't get away from that. Why do you think you need to eat that tofu/soya shit. Cows and other herbivore don't need to. Our bodies are designed to recieve proteins in the form of meat. It's hard to get around that. Yes, you could probably force a lion to eat Tofu as well, but it's not natural.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are predators. You can't get away from that. Why do you think you need to eat that tofu/soya shit. Cows and other herbivore don't need to. Our bodies are designed to recieve proteins in the form of meat. It's hard to get around that. Yes, you could probably force a lion to eat Tofu as well, but it's not natural.<span id='postcolor'>

You're right that you'll never get a lion or other carnivorous predator to change their diet!

Here's the thing though...

I've recently become rather lactose intolerant. Pretty much any dairy product causes me serious GI problems. Now I have a CHOICE. I can cut out dairy products from my diet and live pain free. I can get my calcium from other sources. Now, I still enjoy a hamburger (but no cheese) or a steak...but I dont NEED them. I can make other dietary choices.

That's the difference between us and wild animals. We have intelligence and reasoning, and this gives us the ability to make choices. And the supermarket lets us have options in terms of diet. Now, if civilization fell apart tomorrow, I suspect a lot of vegans would learn to hunt rather fast, or face extinction. biggrin.gif

*EDIT* that made no sense at all smile.gif

I think recycling is a good thing, just feel like changing the subject biggrin.gif

i feel sorry for pigs they seem to be the only farm yard species that get it in the neck so to speak

cows = milk or meat

sheep = wool or meat

chickens = eggs or meat

ducks = eggs or meat

goats = milk

pigs= bacon, gamon steak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ April 22 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*EDIT* that made no sense at all smile.gif

I think recycling is a good thing, just feel like changing the subject biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have very few principles in my life. One of them is that I don't recycle. Anyway enough people are doing it so me refusing to recycle doesn't have much impact.

I do go hunting now and then, but when I'm in the city, I'm a gatherer, I gather steak from the butcher, I gather potatoes from the supermarket, and I gather beer from the liquor store.

And I don't think we're doing anything wrong by mass "harvesting" these animals. We're just thining out their numbers. If we didn't eat cow or chickens, then their numbers would explode and they'd run out of food in no time and die of starvation. So by keeping their population under control, we're ensuring their futur free of starvation.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 22 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's the difference between us and wild animals. We have intelligence and reasoning, and this gives us the ability to make choices.<span id='postcolor'>

Your saying that animals dont have intelligence or reasoning, and that they cant make choices?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your saying that animals dont have intelligence or reasoning, and that they cant make choices?<span id='postcolor'>

I am saying there is a reason we eat them for dinner, and with the exception of some rare instances, they dont eat us for dinner.

Animals have intelligence, and some ability to reason. But not at a level that allows them to make decisions and choices in the same manner that Homo Sapiens does. Lions dont become vegetarians, and Sheep dont rise up and smack down the Scotsmen. wink.gif

And that means that Man pretty much does whatever the hell they want.

I am constantly enriching the pristine soil of Colorado with copper coated lead. Would like to do some fertilization in Afghanistan. Blood makes the grass grow. Muhahahaha!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 22 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am constantly enriching the pristine soil of Colorado with copper coated lead. Would like to do some fertilization in Afghanistan. Blood makes the grass grow. Muhahahaha!<span id='postcolor'>

There ya go! Save th earth by killing the people on it! lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 23 2002,04:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am constantly enriching the pristine soil of Colorado with copper coated lead. Would like to do some fertilization in Afghanistan. Blood makes the grass grow. Muhahahaha!<span id='postcolor'>

eh hem...let's not get too mean here.....we are on war against terrorism [and hatred and ignorance]. the reason why US is conducting in different manners than AQ is to show that US can still act civilized and punish sobs.

comments like

'let's soak their land with their blood' is a good example of hatred.

Im with USSoldier11B , I did some high cal plinking today. A little .233 and 44mag. Didn't even know today was ED ,..... Guess I should'ev used biodegradeable targets instead of milk jugs and boilerplate. smile.gif Oh ,and as long as you can get me over there. Im up for some payback....errrr planting.. in AFGHAN LAND.

--------------------------------

About killing and eating meat.

Im a hunter to. But I only hunt for food!!! People that go hunting for sport and a head on the wall ,sicken me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">eh hem...let's not get too mean here.....we are on war against terrorism [and hatred and ignorance]. the reason why US is conducting in different manners than AQ is to show that US can still act civilized and punish sobs.

comments like

'let's soak their land with their blood' is a good example of hatred.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes Ralph it is hatred. I hate all terrorists and will do everything that I can to fight them. I do not hate Afghans. There just happens to be a rather large terrorist organization in thier country. I feel sorry for the innocents in Afghanistan.

I heard a soldier from my unit who recently returned from Afghanistan say how happy the average Afghan is now to be free. How the women can walk down the street without fear and can attend school for the first time in thier lives. Remember that I am in an SF unit and our job is to help oppressed peoples no matter what thier religion, creed, or race. As long as it doesn't involve puposefully killing innocent people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 23 2002,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love all the animals on Earth...

especially with ketchup  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL LOL (because double posted) biggrin.gif

This thread was acting wierd last night, it wouldnt show my posts, so I figured, what the hell, and slapped that add reply button one more time...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 23 2002,08:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This thread was acting wierd last night, it wouldnt show my posts, so I figured, what the hell, and slapped that add reply button one more time...<span id='postcolor'>

There were other threads that did that for me, I'd post but it wouldn't show, even if i refreshed or restarted the browser. I just saw the posts maybe 12 hours later.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 23 2002,15:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 23 2002,08wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This thread was acting wierd last night, it wouldnt show my posts, so I figured, what the hell, and slapped that add reply button one more time...<span id='postcolor'>

There were other threads that did that for me, I'd post but it wouldn't show, even if i refreshed or restarted the browser.  I just saw the posts maybe 12 hours later.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

I noticed your posts where not there too. My connection was really bad then.

I see that many people do hate certain other people and things but in the end hate consumes everything. I know I have said things that many don't agree with or like but right now I am at the point where I hate nothing anymore. When I used to hate someone or something I would feel sick and often make myself sick thinking about it. In the end hate solves nothing but I see that many would say that doing nothing would solve nothing either. Sure certain governments do things and I have my own opinions about things but hating them and thinking about it all the time is just not right for me anyway.

Besides I don't have to hate anyone because there are many out there that can do it for me. Hate, anger, fear and deception all lead to darkness.

Did I just type all that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ April 23 2002,17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hate, anger, fear and deception all lead to darkness.<span id='postcolor'>

Impressive, most impressive, young Hardliner. The mods have taught you well, but you are not a Spammer yet. If you only knew the power of the dark side!

The mods never told you what happened to your father. No, Hardliner, *I* am your father! Search your feelings, you know it is true!

Join the dark side, and we shall rule this forum as father and son! tounge.gif

[sorry, couldn't resist biggrin.gif ]