Sign in to follow this  
Die Alive

Happy earth day

So what have you done to save the Earth? Plant trees? Pick up trash? Personnaly, I've shot a family of beavers becasue they were cutting down trees and using them to build their dam. These little bastards need to cut down like 100 trees so they could live in a nice warm dam, while other forest animals live in dirt holes or caves. Such a waste of trees, IMO.

-=Die Alive=-

Earth Day FAQ:

When is Earth Day celebrated?

Earth Day is April 22. Because events and festivals usually take place on a weekend, Earth Day is often observed on the weekends before or after April 22. Many communities also celebrate Earth Week or Earth Month with a series of environmental activities in April.

Why Earth Day?

Because it works! Earth Day broadens the base of support for environmental programs, rekindles public commitment, and involves a wide range of the participants.

What can I do for Earth Day?

Since 1970, Earth Day has been an annual event for people around the world to celebrate the earth and our responsibility toward it. Volunteer. Go to a festival. Install solar panels on your roof. Organize an event where you live. Change a habit. Help launch a community garden. Communicate your priorities to your elected representatives. The possibilities are endless! Do something nice for the earth, have fun, meet new people, and make a difference.

And you needn't wait for April 22 to help out the Earth. Earth Day is every day -- to build a better future for the environment we all need to be working toward solutions on a year-round basis.

Hey, we got strict laws here, we need to seperate garbage into:

1. white glas

2. green glas

3. brown glas

4. paper

5. tins, metal,

6. plastic wrapings, plastics a.s,o

7. biological stuff e.g. leaves, wood...

8. recycling bottles

9. batteries and medications and toxins

10. furnitures, larger items in general

THIS IS LAW where I live, if the rest of the world would do the same we could produce slightly less of that stuff

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 22 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, we got strict laws here, we need to seperate garbage into:

1. white glas

2. green glas

3. brown glas

4. paper

5. tins, metal,

8. recycling bottles

THIS IS LAW where I live, if the rest of the world would do the same we could produce slightly less of that stuff<span id='postcolor'>

Same here, and there are people that go around checking our curb side garbage cans and bags to see if there's anything in it that can be recycled, and if there is, we get fined. The recycling is a full time job. My neighbour got a warning because he didn't take off the paper lable off a glass bottle and kept the metal thingy on the top of the bottle that keeps it's content inside, uh what do you call it, oh shit god I hate mondays tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

well umm let's see what i will do to celebrate this wonderful wonderful day

use email instead of paper...save some trees...waiting for my check from greenpeace

kill gophers or rats with .22 if they show up

eat a burger to support the balanced food chain

sign greenpeace webmaster up to some eat meat mailing lists

make fun of al gore

torpedo a greenpeace boat and blame it on a whale

ok...maybe i made that last one up.

and how could i forget, annoy you people biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 22 2002,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 22 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, we got strict laws here, we need to seperate garbage into:

1. white glas

2. green glas

3. brown glas

4. paper

5. tins, metal,

8. recycling bottles

THIS IS LAW where I live, if the rest of the world would do the same we could produce slightly less of that stuff<span id='postcolor'>

Same here, and there are people that go around checking our curb side garbage cans and bags to see if there's anything in it that can be recycled, and if there is, we get fined.  The recycling is a full time job.  My neighbour got a warning because he didn't take off the paper lable off a glass bottle and kept the metal thingy on the top of the bottle that keeps it's content inside, uh what do you call it, oh shit god I hate mondays  tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

of what about tea-bags then? You got cellulosis, you got a cord, you got paper, and you got a metal clip. That is quite a lot of work biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 22 2002,09:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of what about tea-bags then? You got cellulosis, you got a cord, you got paper, and you got a metal clip. That is quite a lot of work  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, next they'll be asking me to take the peanuts and corn out of my shit and compost it. biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

How does not eating meat save the earth? If we all ate beaver meat, there would be more trees tounge.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ April 22 2002,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe man can kill anything.<span id='postcolor'>

Including himself.

Seriously: I use public transit instead of a car and I recycle.

Not so Seriously: Vegan? Meaning you eat all those plants that, via photosythesis, reduce the amount of greenhouse gas and thus you contribute to global warming? And by refusing to eat beef and pork, you allow animals to live that create methane and other noxious gasses! SHAME on you, Aculaud!!!

Recycle I do, train I catch, meat I like, greens I don't. I like the planet, it is a shame if man destroys it. Bush wanted to drill for oil somewhere in Alaska was it? Mining for resources damages the planet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ April 22 2002,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">iveturned my moinotoroff tosaveelec tricity smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Areyou alsoskippingspaces to saveonspace? biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

US Marines (obviously) celebrating the Earth Day:

treehug.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 22 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not so Seriously:  Vegan?  Meaning you eat all those plants that, via photosythesis, reduce the amount of greenhouse gas and thus you contribute to global warming?  And by refusing to eat beef and pork, you allow animals to live that create methane and other noxious gasses!  SHAME on you, Aculaud!!!<span id='postcolor'>

No, meaning i dont contribute to industries that make money through the civilized genocide of helpless species of animals being tortured and killed for the sake of filling the stomachs of a demographic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, meaning i dont contribute to industries that make money through the civilized genocide of helpless species of animals being tortured and killed for the sake of filling the stomachs of a demographic.<span id='postcolor'>

Yikes!

When you put it that way, it's sort of hard to argue wink.gif

BTW, I dont think there is really anything wrong with being a vegan. Unless you are some strange vega-nazi who thinks people who do chose to eat meat and use animal based products are inferior.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ April 22 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 22 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not so Seriously:  Vegan?  Meaning you eat all those plants that, via photosythesis, reduce the amount of greenhouse gas and thus you contribute to global warming?  And by refusing to eat beef and pork, you allow animals to live that create methane and other noxious gasses!  SHAME on you, Aculaud!!!<span id='postcolor'>

No, meaning i dont contribute to industries that make money through the civilized genocide of helpless species of animals being tortured and killed for the sake of filling the stomachs of a demographic.<span id='postcolor'>

Yummy:

bf-steak-rib-lg.jpg

We are meat eaters and hunters by nature. And I don't think that the term 'genocide' really applies to animals mate.

Imagine this: You are locked up in a closed area where you have a garden with carrots, one cow and a big knife. What would you do?

Edit: Oh yeah, we add the risk of that the cow might eat the carrots and perhaps you while you sleep. smile.gif

Ps. What do you think of wolves, lions and other predators?