Sign in to follow this  
Doomdark64

Information.

Doom I'm on your side with the "There should be more info" but agree with the others to go about asking about the game your doing it in a style thats been seen and done before on this forum and others and aggressive :confused:

I call you troll not because of the question you made, but because of everything else you've said it so far. And the aggressive style don't help either.

Relax. Take a cup of tea. I've heard that chamomile is good for calming down.

Im so sorry, i do apologise, my tone was out of order.

On a nearly unrelated note, I don't understand the big deal about having to know everything about a game way before it's released. When it's released, you have all the info, reviews and youtube videos you could need to make a purchasing decision.

On a nearly unrelated note, I don't understand the big deal about having to know everything about a game way before it's released. When it's released, you have all the info, reviews and youtube videos you could need to make a purchasing decision.

Not having any information tends to make you think its been binned.

Not having any information tends to make you think its been binned.

Why? That's just making an assumption based on facts not in evidence (as they say in the legal shows) ;)

I always thought lack of new information meant... well... there is nothing new to say.

I am looking forward to this game as much as anyone else. It looks freaking awesome. But why demand information that just doesn't exist? Do people want them (BI) to post something daily stating 'there is nothing new to report' just so in their minds there was something 'new' to read?

Of course I look forward to new info just like everyone else. It just doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or next year, I'll be here... :)

Lack of information doesn't mean there's nothing new to say. It makes little sense for BIS to be pushing two very different games at the same time. BIS has a nice little cash cow in Arrowhead, they should continue working quietly on Carrier Command until the Arrowhead buzz dies down. That way they'll have a whole wealth of media and info with which to push Carrier Command when they need to start building up a hype.

In one of the developer videos I watched, they said they were pretty much done with all the game mechanics, they were just touching things up. They always get quiet about something when it's nearing release.

As a rule in game developpment : when you think you're 80% done, there's still 80% to do ! Polishing all the detail and fine tuning takes a lot of time...

As a rule in game developpment : when you think you're 80% done, there's still 80% to do ! Polishing all the detail and fine tuning takes a lot of time...

I think you mean you're always only 80% done, and it's a "rule" that applies to most software development. ;)

It's true though, you can't ever be 100% done when developing a game.

Why? That's just making an assumption based on facts not in evidence (as they say in the legal shows) ;)

Wouldnt have to make an assumption if they would take 5 mins of their time to say otherwise :)

BIS have said when this will be finished. And they have said this many times in other areas of the forums, it applies to current arma patches too...

"It will be finshed when it's finished".

Good enough for me...BIS have never been ones to cater to the ADHD Me! Now now now now! crowd.

Arrowhead is out, they were harping on about releasing carrier command second quarter 2010 , Arma is bollox, its another waste of time first person shooter that there are hundreds of already. They really need to get their priorities straight.

Reminds me of that film: "How to win friends and influence people". Still, I'm sure the team are getting thier priorities stright in very short order now. Maybe you've done us all a great service and in direct response your words of wisdom there will be a veritable slew of information gushing out over the web in the next few days.

Anyway..if you dont like FPS, play arma in 3rd person. Oh yeah, it's bollox.

So, what you're really saying is: "Hey BIS. I think all your other games are bollox. But this one looks shiny...what is it, when will it be done, can I play it NOW! Are we there yet....Are we there yet.....Are we there yet....Are we there yet"?

Not the worlds smallest, :o:, buts it just for you.

What an impressive post above, truly a good bit of thought has gone into that response. It’s great that you covered what has been said before again in such a ruthless account of random thoughts.

I tip my hat at this contribution to community.

BIS have said when this will be finished. And they have said this many times in other areas of the forums, it applies to current arma patches too...

"It will be finshed when it's finished".

Good enough for me...BIS have never been ones to cater to the ADHD Me! Now now now now! crowd.

Reminds me of that film: "How to win friends and influence people". Still, I'm sure the team are getting thier priorities stright in very short order now. Maybe you've done us all a great service and in direct response your words of wisdom there will be a veritable slew of information gushing out over the web in the next few days.

Anyway..if you dont like FPS, play arma in 3rd person. Oh yeah, it's bollox.

So, what you're really saying is: "Hey BIS. I think all your other games are bollox. But this one looks shiny...what is it, when will it be done, can I play it NOW! Are we there yet....Are we there yet.....Are we there yet....Are we there yet"?

Not the worlds smallest, :o:, buts it just for you.

its a game type thats got hundreds of clones ,why do i want to play something thats old and caters to the console kids more than the pc community, like i said carrier command would have no competition as theres nothing like it around or has been for over 20 years(the origional), you just go with all the other sheep that think arma 2 is new and origional and good to play,when your finished in the playground bed time is 7 o`clock sonny :)

Yeah, it's clear that with Arma2, BIS are mainly targeting the console kids....................

Do you really think the things you write before actually writing them?

its a game type thats got hundreds of clones ,why do i want to play something thats old and caters to the console kids more than the pc community

You see, it's the complete bullshit spewing from your mouth that makes nobody able to take you seriously. What you say is simply untrue, now go away you troll.

Everyone else, don't feed the troll.

You see, it's the complete bullshit spewing from your mouth that makes nobody able to take you seriously. What you say is simply untrue, now go away you troll.

Everyone else, don't feed the troll.

Thats rich coming from you as your so full of shit your eyes are brown.

but your probably some little chava muppet who thinks hes hard as nails behind the keyboard, sonny i would kick you so hard you would be wearing your arse for a hat and not even break into a sweat, go play with your console kiddy and take your bum chum someboy with you.

Edited by Doomdark64

Thats rich coming from you as your so full of shit your eyes are brown.

but your probably some little chava muppet who thinks hes hard as nails behind the keyboard, sonny i would kick you so hard you would be wearing your arse for a hat and not even break into a sweat, go play with your console kiddy and take your bum chum someboy with you.

+1 infraction for that outburst.

If you're unable to discuss in normal manner you might consider another place for "discussion".

Closing this before it gets even more out of hand. If there will be news about Carrier Command you surely won't miss them.