Sign in to follow this  
Doomdark64

Information.

Is anyone from BI going to inform us about what is going on with this game.

Nothing has been posted for months on the news front.

Pretty sure they'll be concentrating on Arrowhead for the time being. ;) Give it another couple of months and they'll probably shift their focus back to Carrier Command.

Arrowhead is out, they were harping on about releasing carrier command second quarter 2010 , Arma is bollox, its another waste of time first person shooter that there are hundreds of already. They really need to get their priorities straight.

Arrowhead is out, they were harping on about releasing carrier command second quarter 2010 , Arma is bollox, its another waste of time first person shooter that there are hundreds of already. They really need to get their priorities straight.

Lol...

Sure... and while they're at it, why don't they make you CEO since you seem to think you know more than them...

How about it Maruk? :j:

Lol...

Sure... and while they're at it, why don't they make you CEO since you seem to think you know more than them...

How about it Maruk? :j:

I dont want to be ceo, i just think that releasing carrier command would have been better at this point than arma 2, as there are literally hundreds of first person shooter/war games flying around at the minute, and nothing like cc at all .I might not know anything about running a corperation but hell its not rocket science to know that releasing something that has no competition is going to sell better and be more acclaimed than something that there are hundreds of clones of already.

It still doesnt alter the fact the compny are taking the piss and not releasing anything about this title after telling people it would be second quarter 2010. Very unprofessional.

I dont want to be ceo, i just think that releasing carrier command would have been better at this point than arma 2, as there are literally hundreds of first person shooter/war games flying around at the minute, and nothing like cc at all .

Ignorance is blessed. ARMA 2 it's not a FPS. ARMA 2 it's not like the other shooters. If you can't see the difference between ARMA and other FPS, than I'm sure the problem is more serious than simply ignorance.

It still doesnt alter the fact the compny are taking the piss and not releasing anything about this title after telling people it would be second quarter 2010. Very unprofessional.

Don't buy it.

Ignorance is blessed. ARMA 2 it's not a FPS. ARMA 2 it's not like the other shooters. If you can't see the difference between ARMA and other FPS, than I'm sure the problem is more serious than simply ignorance.

Don't buy it.

Its a first person shooter whether you think it is or not ,you hold a gun you shoot, easy really.Its EXACTLY like the other shooters.

Oh and im not ignorant im making a point , theres tons of stuff similar to Arma 2 , there is NOTHING around like carrier command.

As for your comment about not buying it, im making my point already ,i want to buy it,and so probably do ten times more people than want to buy arma 2 ,as they have tons of similar games to it already.

Its a first person shooter whether you think it is or not ,you hold a gun you shoot, easy really.Its EXACTLY like the other shooters.

I suppose that for you handball and basketball are the same sports.

After all you play with a ball and shoot with your hands.

I won't discuss this further.

Only don't expect BIS to be like UBISOFT or EA. They don't work in the same way.

Obviously the final product is better, and will be supported for years. Only you've to be patient.

If you aren't that kind of person, than I advised you to stay out.

I'm sure you'll find in the consoles market a lot of games that will instantly pleased you.

Yes, Arrowhead is out. BIS are not now going to forget about it as most other companies would. They're going to improve it until it's at an acceptable level, hopefully with some additional free content as they've done in the past. We don't care if whether you like ArmA or not.

The bottom line is there will be news when BIS decide to shift their attention back to Carrier Command. No point whining in the mean time.

:butbut:

i have too agree somehow to all what different people say

:butbut:

i think it is not clever to treat potencial costumer`s with anouncment´s and release dates and the not change the website to the new dates

they could say sorry but it will take longer xxx more months

or ....

but ignoring the costumers is not clever

i was very exited when i was reading that cc is coming again it was and is in my memorys is still the number 1 game for me

i never played any game like this even the enemy was cheating

it is in my present wishlist

but the treatment of the potential costumrs from bohemia without any information is ?????

gigi that has a lot to remembering about hours with cc on the amiga

still hoping that cc is not a dream like elite Vi

gigi from germany

From this definition you could also say Carrier Command is an FPS...

If they didn't release it yet it's because it's not finished and they simply failed to calculate an accurate release date (as it happens so often in the videogame industry), not because they sat around a table and said "LET'S PISS OFF OUR CUSTOMERS AND NOT RELEASE IT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!".

We all want to play CC, but bitching about how BIS runs their bussiness is not going to make it come any sooner.

all i wanted was some clarification about what was happening to the game at the minute.Its VERY UNPROFESSIONAL to say one thing, then when it doesnt happen, not give an explination why.If you think that thats the way game companies should do things then fine.

Ill wait as long as it takes, but being curteous doesnt cost anything apart from 2 minutes for someone from bis to type a few words about whats going on with the game.

all i wanted was some clarification about what was happening to the game at the minute.Its VERY UNPROFESSIONAL to say one thing, then when it doesnt happen, not give an explination why.If you think that thats the way game companies should do things then fine.

Ill wait as long as it takes, but being curteous doesnt cost anything apart from 2 minutes for someone from bis to type a few words about whats going on with the game.

Well, reading the trollistic way your asking your questions, if i were a dev working on CC, i'll carefully avoid to answer you.

Well, reading the trollistic way your asking your questions, if i were a dev working on CC, i'll carefully avoid to answer you.

Exactly.

Relax Doomdark64. We will hear some news.

Small developers work in different way. Look what is happening with SoW:BoB.

In the end we all know that we'll get a good simulator/game, and above all, will be supported for years to come.

Why do you assume that the ArmA 2 development is in any way related to the CC development? I'm sure Black Element & whatever portion of BIS assigned to CC are working dilligently on it instead of wasting their time here responding to people's threads. I'm sure the only impact that the release of OA could have had is that the CC team is playing it instead of working on CC. :cool:

Also, ArmA 2 is where the money (and customers and likely the company's future for that matter) is for BIS. I'm sure CC is a relatively low priority in comparison.

No offence but the guy makes a valid point; this developer is in the entertainment business and although the views is and a welcome view that this developer does it right unlike some others promising the earth and showing off. But I think your being a bit over defensive and abusive to him for asking why is there absolutely nothing new to say about this game we are all following.

I come in here once a month or twice and it’s the same story. “Nothing new please move along†so I go away disappointed. Giving it all “they are too busy†“would you rather they stopped and did posts†is churlish. We all know delevopers can be hard at work and pop in to keep there fans up to date. In the Big world its called good communications.

So are we just to presume the game is gathering pace, all is well and for all its plusses the Developer is just poor at communicating with its public or very secretive.

I’m saying this from the angle of an age old Gamer who used to follow the development of such classics like the original command and conquer from magazines. Every few months you got a snippet to wet your apatite and it was highly enjoyable.

So don’t be so hard on people asking, it’s the natural thing to do.

So are we just to presume the game is gathering pace, all is well and for all its plusses the Developer is just poor at communicating with its public or very secretive.

Exactly that. This is how BIS operates, and it's always worked for them.

It's not like you're going to miss out on anything. When it's nearing release, they'll let us know, and until then it's still in development.

See for the people that know how the developer works its just the same old same old but for us new to this developer ( Well I think I’ve never played any games from them) its frustrating as we are used to developers over hyped spewing that we can pick out we tip bits that are actually really useful.

I started following what I thought would be a great game “PT boats Knights of the sea†but after about a year of nothing lost total interest in it, I don’t even know if its out or not or was ever finished. Its so easy to forget and move on when nothing keep you interested. I’m cutting this game some slack because I played the original and loved it on my Amega it must have been.

Just lucky I put it on my Fav Bar on IE8 so I see it from time to time. But I'm in no rush having two new cars on the drive, a new rig got put back till something grabs me with currant PC now nearly six years old. Till then internet and E-mail will do. Shocking that I was near to buying a Xbox for online games these days after playing with my friends wee boy, the games are outrageous these days with wind and dust and photo realistic play areas

Edited by sav112g

I don't see anything on the site saying it was Q2 2010.

See for the people that know how the developer works its just the same old same old but for us new to this developer ( Well I think I’ve never played any games from them) its frustrating as we are used to developers over hyped spewing that we can pick out we tip bits that are actually really useful.

I understand your point, but you do understand that Doomark64 was a bit aggressive. You see there's a strong and old community that evolves around BIS games.

We know how BIS work. So when we notice someone wanting to trolling... well you know what will happens next.

I know this titles is attracting a lot of Retro gaming fellows and also a new generation of PC gamers.

I think it's very positive. We welcome all of you.

But you've to be patient. You'll not obtain any answer from BIS, just because you think they don't have a political correct commercial attitude. If you stay you'll get used to it and also with the strange concept of game not being fully optimized at launch. But constant and long support from the devs is a reality here.

At the end if you've enough patient you'll be rewarded with a great game experience. Besides if this follows the same pattern of Operation Flashpoint and ARMA series, you know you'll have in the end a full modding community that will expand far beyond what you expected initially from the game.

So stay tuned and be patient.

Edited by Von_Paulus

.We know how BIS work. .

Oh so you work for them do you? maybe you can shed some light on whats happening then. i got slated for thinking that releasing something there was NOTHING similar to or releasing something there are 20 or 30 clones of was silly and was told i wasnt the company so i shouldnt have an oppinion.

Yet you call me a troll for asking a perfectly reasonable question?

if this is the way the "we know how the company work" brigade operate god help everyone.

We prefer the term "you get what you're given" brigade.

Also:

something there are 20 or 30 clones of
Yet you call me a troll

Funny that eh...

thinking that releasing something there was NOTHING similar to or releasing something there are 20 or 30 clones of

No clones here... just two very unique titles (series), both being developed in parallel with probably no impact on eachother's progress.

If you're wondering why people are accusing you of trolling, it's because you are. You are deliberately ignoring the facts...

I call you troll not because of the question you made, but because of everything else you've said it so far. And the aggressive style don't help either.

Relax. Take a cup of tea. I've heard that chamomile is good for calming down.