Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

It's been said before and I'll say it again, I'd rather see the default ArmA II content upgraded (preferably in the form of a patch) to OA standards (FLIR, etc) for those of us that have CO, before a DLC is released. ;)

OA island is good, Chernarus is good, but even Utes is too small for missions like "take squad, APC, platoon and imvade other city, call for support"there is lack of big modern world (like US) cities for making Police/SWAT missions

That would be nice, but FPS is an issue. Not to mention that CQB in ArmA II is a lost cause. If a giant urban city is included, I'd like to see a level of detail similar to GTA IV, such as civilian life, animal life and vehicle traffic.

Edited by Laqueesha

Agreed Laqueesha. I believe we can all live with community made features until BIS finishes/ upgrades the projects they have already started.

I'd like the USMC and Russians to make a return in OA, but in desert camouflage. Also the US Army in Woodland camo for use in Utes and Chernarus and the Brits in Woodland and Desert camo.

+1 Well, at the very least, US Army Woodland.

Edit: I'd like to see updates include some of the community addons (quality tested, final releases of course). That way, the community can get the benefit of more vehicles, weapons, and soldiers without making people download addon packs.

Edited by Hit_Sqd_Maximus

@Vilas

I don't know if you ever played Combat Mission Shock Force, the few maps I've seen in that aren't too much bigger than Shapur. Now looking from the editor this map looks small, but to with the layout of it I think there is a potential for good smaller light/mechanized/motorized infantry missions, and it's not very much suited for attack chopper/air assault/conventional armor warfare. For a small DLC it's very good I say, it wasn't made for as long time as Takistan/Chernarus.

make a DLC focused on AIR units with some sweet Top Gun-like moments (yeah, I want some Ace Combat in mah arma 2 :P)

@Vilas

I don't know if you ever played Combat Mission Shock Force,

no, except OFP, Arma1/2 i only played for some time AVP1, MaxPayne1 , IGI1, still from time to time moded(many mods SP) RTCW1, once upona a time MOHAA and few days SOF2

i am not gamer at all

It's been said before and I'll say it again, I'd rather see the default ArmA II content upgraded (preferably in the form of a patch) to OA standards (FLIR, etc) for those of us that have CO, before a DLC is released. ;)

This also as well in addition too.

all available in my one single addon pack since some months

list looks like this:

SKS , APS, MP443, RPG16 RPG7V_PGO , RPG7D_PGO, RPG2, RPO_A, :RPG22, RPG26,

PKP, PK , PKM_NSPU2, _VSS_PSO, VSS_NSPU2, VAL , VAL_Cobra, VAL_NSPU3,

Zastava M70 , Albanian ASh-82; Hungarian AMD-65and AMD-63 ;

Romanian = PMi; East German_MPi :

different series of AK-47

AKMS, AKMS silenced , AKM , AKM :, _AKM_GL :

SR3_Vikhr : 9a91 , 9a91_c ,9a91_csd : Groza in different variants, SVU_A : Abakan, Abakan_1P29 :

AK 101, 103, 105, 107, 74, 74M, S74 with 5 different scopes (PSO, 1P29, Kobra, PK-A , NSPU2, NSPU3) and grenadelaunchers GP25 or GP30 (even AK74 in plastic furniture made since 1986)

AEK-971; AEK-973 ; from different series with different scopes

different RPK and RPK74, RPK74M , RPD, SVD_S, SVD_M with different scopes, SVDK , SV_98 is just in one addon

Vilas, by the way, are you going to release an update for you weapon-pack adding new features from OA: flashlights and thermal vision? :yay: I also checked your pack with new units from Pmc. Some weapons like Groza have problems with character animation.

SORRY FOR OF.

Edited by sudden

Some units to bolster air-air combat: F-18 and F-22 especially, and whatever their Soviet counterparts might be.

I want a next DLC with some new content to East side..ODKB or Chinese army an example,some new Russian units/weapons.Really want it

With the chinese making a brief storyline intro in PMC, it's possible they might be the focus of the next DLC.

Funny you should say that; the same rumour seems to be going around on the Chinese VME forums.

The Chinese Army have been seen using a simulator that appears similar to ArmA.2 (I don't known if this is VBS.3, though it may be), with an extension that adds PLA equipment. Probably the source of this rumour, doubt it'll see an official release though. The Chinese have banned media that features the PLA in any kind of questionable activity in the past, so if there's the likelihood that us decadent westerners might be using it as a way of training to shoot PLA troops! :butbut:

(Of course, banning banning C&C: Generals was more likely a humanitarian effort on behalf of the PRC, that game was an insult to the franchise! :p )

Proper rocket ballistics for me. Not as part of the DLC though, but as the patch.

Guess you never tried out mchide's M80 AT Zolja then, eh? ;) it even features malfunctioning warheads...