Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Well for me the environment style of PMC "Proving Grounds" map is very nice, but its so small thou!

next DLC, three options here as for me

1. (Hard for this one) Chernobyl style operation on highly contaminated area (NO ZOMBIES OR MUTANTS, i want a real deal) rad, chem, or bio contamination, ONZ safety operations or something like this!, as for the area map environment like in Proving Grounds.

2. on US soil Area 51 spy team of other country reveal Americas secrets, highly confidential action (Again NO UFO or something but classified military experiments).

3. High risk special forces operations like actual ones received by "GROM" special forces in, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan.

For all those applying, new weapons like OC-14 Groza, AN-94 Abakan, AUG-a3, for navy seals or Russian special forces water operating weapons like APS, or anti mater rifles, Barrett XM109, Cheytac M200, PTRD antitank rifle.

Just some thing NEW not Re-Fried Beef

I did not say that - read it again. I was talking about popularity

The only reason it was somewhat popular is because of it's followings from OFP and ArmA 1. Notice how ACE has lost a lot of servers since OA? I know it used to have quite a few in the ArmA 2 days, but I mainly see vanilla servers or servers running their own modpacks.

I'd rather see BIS releasing other kind of DLC's then the last two.

Those were basicly jack of all trades, there is a small map. some weapons, some vehicles and a small campaign.

Id rather see BIS focussing on specific part, for example:

- Weapon packs (containing all/most regular guns)

- Island packs

So they can use their development time fully to get a more complete package. For some people this game is more about guns or island or SP content. That beeing said i applaud BIS for their strategy to get the Lite addons for free, and for that alone i will buy every DLC which will be released.

Well for me the environment style of PMC "Proving Grounds" map is very nice, but its so small thou!

next DLC, three options here as for me

3. High risk special forces operations like actual ones received by "GROM" special forces in, Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan.

For all those applying, new weapons like OC-14 Groza, AN-94 Abakan, AUG-a3, for navy seals or Russian special forces water operating weapons like APS, or anti mater rifles, Barrett XM109, Cheytac M200, PTRD antitank rifle.

Just some thing NEW not Re-Fried Beef

seems you not have my addons (ściągnij paki to zobaczysz Groza, Abakan, Polskie jednostki specjalne ala 1 PSK, Grom też będzie w końcu)

Setting: Taiwan

Situation: PLA vs. ROC

I would like to see BIS get permission to use the quality content that has already been established by the community. There is so much great stuff, like the PLA from FROMZ and much of whats in ACE. It doesn't get used as much as it should simply because it's not a standard addon, and lately I think people are getting tired of the BS with addons updates/mission breaking/synchronization issues and going back to vanilla. If BIS gave props to the authors (free copy of DLC, included in game credits, staff signed t-shirts, all the above) and included the cream of the crop from the community you could sell a bag of dlc that would be a win-win for everyone. Addon creators see their addons get used by everyone and mission makers don't worry about updates ruining their work.

The only reason it was somewhat popular is because of it's followings from OFP and ArmA 1. Notice how ACE has lost a lot of servers since OA? I know it used to have quite a few in the ArmA 2 days, but I mainly see vanilla servers or servers running their own modpacks.

I am not claiming that this or that mod is good or bad. I am only saying that ACE is only popular community mod (in this moment there are 171 servers running this mod (by Yoma's AddonSync2009)).

And playing (in this case) f.e. winter C&H / CTI with many people (playing against AI doesn't interest me) it's impossible, because:

• there is no 1 consistent winter pack (there was for OFP - only reskins but was quite popular in MP, very consistent, missions were included). Now I (and others) would have to download 10 (or more) different addons from different locations, with different levels of quality (visual / functional / rpt errors)
  • creation (=porting) mission for this takes time (finding and populating all arrays of units / weapons etc classes) and can be very annoying after crashes - I'm quite experienced with this
  • there are not more than 10 PvP servers - (warfare with so many towns isn't PvP)

seems you not have my addons (ściągnij paki to zobaczysz Groza, Abakan, Polskie jednostki specjalne ala 1 PSK, Grom też będzie w końcu)

Oh Vilas of course i have your addons but i like BE warfare and they add only official things,

I hope you will update your shotguns with Buck-shot and FRAG-12

I am making own versions of SR-25 EMC, and SPR Mk-12 Mod 0, i saw some fantastic variants of SR-25 comes with free float M203 RIS

PS: don,t forget to make GROM in two camo, Multicam Desert and Multicam camoGROM

Edited by Azrael000

Something I would like to see is a historical type of DLC for Operation Arrowhead from the Cold War days of the 1970's and 1980's, preferably featuring some Soviet forces in an internationalist mission to assist the Takistani government with Gastowski and Troska in their younger years fighting the Bear alongside local resistance. That could fill in the backstory from some of the favourite OFP characters.

Regards,

Sander

Something I would like to see is a historical type of DLC for Operation Arrowhead from the Cold War days of the 1970's and 1980's, preferably featuring some Soviet forces in an internationalist mission to assist the Takistani government with Gastowski and Troska in their younger years fighting the Bear alongside local resistance. That could fill in the backstory from some of the favourite OFP characters.

Regards,

Sander

M69 uniforms without vest are in P85 too, only need to do is olive BDU skin for USA + old flak jacket to P85

Soviet models in P85 can serve from 1969, only US are 1982 and older

half of DLC demands can be answered by already released addons

I think some COIN (Counter Insurgency stuff) Would be a decent change, I mean we got a small taste of it in BAF, But more in depth, or a LRR type missions, but mostly more sandbox type missions, where you can decide what to do next and where to go etc.

Ex. Rangers or SF, go on a long range reconissance mission in takistan searching for... Something lol. OR

A element of TFK has to find and eliminate insurgent activity in the northern region, and you do boring patrols, house to house searches, migle with the population etc. and depending on how you handle various situations depends on how the population acts etc.

Or some Red Dawn invade america stuff, Being playable from both sides. =)

Okay, so would anyone seriously buy a "Zombie mode" DLC? Or is it just a pointless trend in gaming that BIS shouldnt be spending their time on? :D

Okay, so would anyone seriously buy a "Zombie mode" DLC? Or is it just a pointless trend in gaming that BIS shouldnt be spending their time on? :D

Trend or not, being a total zombie fanatic I would buy it. :D

If only the physics in Arma2 were more solid, it would be possible to have something like Zombie Panic Source. Now that would be awesome! Not that I don't mind the occasional zombie massacre ala Left 4 Dead, but nothing can beat actual survival horror, where you're barricading yourself into a house and coping with minimal ammunition. An open world zombie survival game/mod/DLC would just be pure epicness.

:)

ArmA is simulator and for me i don't want to any things like zombies,

it should be as real as possible, if we want easier game play, just play

Battlefield or Modern Warfare 2, (or totally unrealistic Counterstrike)

as for me guys from Advanced Combat Environment and Project Reality are

making much mistakes and add things that are useless, or simply not real

I will explain one thing i am 182 cm high and 95 KG weight so i have litle

overweight + genetically passed asthma from my father but it don't stops

me to run distance of 20Km with Mk12 SPR Mod 0 heavy ciras and other

equipment, and i still can aim properly!

To prove my self

Winter 2009

Spring 2010

and a video

Everybody can post here his wishes even it's antirealistic. Any posts like "go play cod or bf" of people who think they own arma are bs

Arma is as it is. People make mods to make it more realistic. Because arma is not. Hence I could say if you want feel something real - be real soldier / pilot / driver and not spend time playing game on your chair in warm room.

Arma is a game and games are for fun

I did not say that i own ArmA, thats only your words

I don't share your point, but thats only my opinion

don't be so nervous, well when i want some slaughter,

then i play Left for dead 2 or DooM3, when i want some

game variation story line i play Metal Gear Solid,

if i want some thing more i play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

and when i want a BIG NICE COMBAT ENVIRONMENT

WHERE I CAN RUN OVER A LARGE MAP TAKE ANY VEHICLE

I WANT SNEAK OVER ENEMY FROM WHAT DIRECTION

I WANT AND FIRE SOME ACCURATE SHOT I PLAY

OFP ArmA or ArmA2, and has i said its only my opinion

of course every one can post here whatever he want

you can share my opinion or not, how simple is that!

Everybody can post here his wishes even it's antirealistic. Any posts like "go play cod or bf" of people who think they own arma are bs

Arma is as it is. People make mods to make it more realistic. Because arma is not. Hence I could say if you want feel something real - be real soldier / pilot / driver and not spend time playing game on your chair in warm room.

Arma is made for other people than usual gamers

saying they should go to army is nonsens, cause for some of us army is not moral, war is bad

just technic is fun (or some people are retired or disabled)

Arma is suppose to be simulator

unrealistic Sci_Fi mods are super too, of course

but don't say that Arma should not care about more realism , cause it is unique product

like Metal/Rock radio stations

if all other play disco, than one left must not care about keeping electric guitar music ??

anyone can turn to 30 other stations, why he try to spoil this one unique station ?

the same here :)

For DLC, I'd like a good campaign for either Chernarus, or Takistan. Note what I've put in bold.

For DLC, I'd like a good amount of content for the editor and no campaign.

hehe.

Seems you and I have met a conflict of interests, good sir.

if you want feel something real - be real soldier / pilot / driver and not spend time playing game on your chair in warm room.

This comment reminds me a lot of this

saying they should go to army is nonsens, cause for some of us army is not moral, war is bad

I wrote this as a oposite to saying that anybody who likes to get zombie, 2 weapons or other "cool" non-uber realistic stuff should chose cod/bf.
Arma is suppose to be simulator
It depends what "simulator" means; where is the border of realism and game.

I believe that everybody on this forum would never leave game factor. 99% of played missions have respawn.

How often during mission you don't shot? And then ask real soldier how often he needs to shot. Realism is boring.

but don't say that Arma should not care about more realism , cause it is unique product

and other of its features are elasticity and freedom (for me it's more important than realism) and such DLC would show it explicitly

like Metal/Rock radio stations

if all other play disco, than one left must not care about keeping electric guitar music ??

anyone can turn to 30 other stations, why he try to spoil this one unique station ?

the same here :)

Does including zombie converts arma to cod/bf? No. There is 300000km from arma to bf. Ofp is somehwere in between, but still 290000km from bf.

I'm not against realism - I don't care about it until it's above some level (~OFP level). I'm only against being against not realistic stuff in arma.

I think the potential and wide scope of this game is restricted by uber-realism part of the community. They just don't accept and criticise steps (even mabe by non BIS) which are not strictly realistic

Can we all agree that the next DLC SHOULD involve at the very least a FOUR player COOP in the same fire team? I mean having each player in separate fireteams/vehicles was interesting and all, but nothing beats trying to survive together in the same tightly knit group!

Can we all agree that the next DLC SHOULD involve at the very least a FOUR player COOP in the same fire team? I mean having each player in separate fireteams/vehicles was interesting and all, but nothing beats trying to survive together in the same tightly knit group!

Building on this idea: coming back from mission, chopper gets shot down, OH SHIT WE'RE BEHIND ENEMY LINES, attempt to reach allied forces with limited equipment and enemies swarming all over the place.

Building on this idea: coming back from mission, chopper gets shot down, OH SHIT WE'RE BEHIND ENEMY LINES, attempt to reach allied forces with limited equipment and enemies swarming all over the place.

Sounds like MOH to me.

Ideas for single scenarios shouldn't be in the DLC thread tbh.