Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I'd like to see a new large-scale terrain like Takistan, but maybe more mountains and snow, or flatter, and more desert.

er .... you CAN put the Russians in already dont even need addons just use your editor.

I'd like to see a new large-scale terrain like Takistan, but maybe more mountains and snow, or flatter, and more desert.

Yes, new maps. All we need is new maps. We have loads of units. Just take your time and give us some new(big) maps! Nothing shapur size, that's just....tiny. More Chernarus/Takistan sized maps. Preferably Jungle or A-stan/Iraq themed.

More Missions...A HUGE operation flashpoint type campaign (with 20+ Missions) that would make my day (or just tons of random missions, but are long or there are a bunch of them). :) :) :)...That's the Kind of DLC I want!

it kills addonmaking motivation

people have addons, they want buy them again (but for example with not realistic mistakes like we have since OFP)

it is community who made real armies, not BIS

BIS is giving engine , large islands, objects, some complicated and engine-changing vehicles and it should be their role (it was since OFP)

when someone wants DLC of army of country, or vehicles already made by some existing mods , it will kill addonmaking soul and motivation, cause addonmakers won't be spending their time if CoD kids will say "i will pay 20 bucks for Russian with AK107 and outdated 70's RPG18" instead of downloading few realistic Russian addons released by different addonmakers or being w.i.p. by other addonmakers

but when CoD kids entered OFP world - it turn CoDish :/

I kinda agree with you Vilas, in the same time we can't really blame BIS for releasing new units.

But indeed when I'm putting myself in STALKER_GB's shoes (for example. I could have put myself in his underwear but...eh...shoes are a great place to be...ahah)

I would have felt a bit disappointed to see the BAF DLC release. Many people will never enjoy all his hard work (maybe I'm saying crap, I don't have BAF)

I know the single fact a community members is making a mod does not justify BIS not doing it either.

I guess BI did their homework and the request for an UK army was probably strong but I can't help myself thinking it's a waste of ressource, as much for BIS as it is for the community.

I've already said it but I'd really like to see BIS working on gameplay and engine improvements instead of adding new units

(yeah, ok it requires 2 completly different skills but I'm just saying if we were in a perfect world, like the teletubbies one). I can't think of a unit or a vehicle I'd absolutely need.

There's many addon on the way and I'm really looking forward to them but IMHO they're not essentials, they wont make the game an incredibly different expericience.

On the other hand I have a list long like Mickael Jordan's leg of engine/gameplay improvement that could revolutionize the way we play.

That being said, BIS has my 100% support, I just love them and I love loving them, they're just incredible.

Edited by Macadam Cow

Well vilas, haven't you noticed the huge lack of addon makers these days. It's been going down alot since ArmA 2 came out. BIS is just trying to keep the company alive while expanding on the ArmA 2 story. :)

I'm for any DLC. I just wish they would focus on other things.

US Army Land Warrior system.

Features:

Fully integrated cross-unit communications via a module. Units share information about enemy sightings, and Squad leaders react to the positions of friendly Units nearby.

Fully integrated High Command. Go Codes, maneuver presets, AI using HC, working subcommanders.

Render to texture support: Helmet Cam feeds for Squad Leader and realistic CROWS.

Hand-throweable drones, to also be used by the AI (yes, I´m a demanding customer).

Multicam US Army Soldiers.

Campaign set in central Takistan green zone, character centered around a platoon commander (to make use of the cool new HC features).

Full HC features should include:

AI using HC, working subordinates.

AI that´s linked into Land Warrior knows automatically about Enemy Units sighted by any friendly unit within its HC group.

Go Codes: Units do not automatically start moving to prevent chaos. Units will automatically transmit go codes to supporting Units as desired by commander.

Synchronizeable waypoints.

Automated Status reports by AI units to HC commander (Ammo, Casualties, Vehicle Status, Fuel.)

Maps

Kazakhstan

With huge epic mountain ranges with some snow on top my gosh that would be an awesome addition.

Easily pay 20 dollars for that.

Maps with large areas of open terrain that would be condusive to armoured combat. We've got the thermal sensors and the long range weapons, we just lack the place to use them.

Well vilas, haven't you noticed the huge lack of addon makers these days. It's been going down alot since ArmA 2 came out. BIS is just trying to keep the company alive while expanding on the ArmA 2 story. :)

I'm for any DLC. I just wish they would focus on other things.

OFP islands , maybe pack of large modern urban areas, pack of animals etc.

for people who wanna enjoy not only US vs. fictional countrymen on desert (like many games today)

addonmakers are today , but also to community joined come CoD kids, which some time ago treated OFP as non-existing cause of ugly look graphics and too complicated menu

when they will be older , they will become like OFP community ;)

but people are also lazy, look at many requests for already released vehicles ... they not use search or download section

look at requests for reskins (which is very easy)

i know that BIS is company but OFP was always kind of culture movement, not usual product ;)

No thanks to "two house sized" villages from OFP.

Todays newcomers will never become an "OFP player"...

...they're just too much in a hurry. :p

I REALLY want maps of American settings. I have for a long time wanted to play Red Dawn-type scenarios in American neighborhoods and commercial centers. Modern Warfare 2 was the first game to provide this fun experience.

I kinda agree with you Vilas, in the same time we can't really blame BIS for releasing new units.

But indeed when I'm putting myself in STALKER_GB's shoes (for example. I could have put myself in his underwear but...eh...shoes are a great place to be...ahah)

I would have felt a bit disappointed to see the BAF DLC release. Many people will never enjoy all his hard work (maybe I'm saying crap, I don't have BAF)

I know the single fact a community members is making a mod does not justify BIS not doing it either.

I guess BI did their homework and the request for an UK army was probably strong but I can't help myself thinking it's a waste of ressource, as much for BIS as it is for the community.

I've already said it but I'd really like to see BIS working on gameplay and engine improvements instead of adding new units

(yeah, ok it requires 2 completly different skills but I'm just saying if we were in a perfect world, like the teletubbies one). I can't think of a unit or a vehicle I'd absolutely need.

There's many addon on the way and I'm really looking forward to them but IMHO they're not essentials, they wont make the game an incredibly different expericience.

On the other hand I have a list long like Mickael Jordan's leg of engine/gameplay improvement that could revolutionize the way we play.

That being said, BIS has my 100% support, I just love them and I love loving them, they're just incredible.

Actually that is a very considerate post. Personally I was hoping for an increase in British addon interest with the release of BAF but if anything it has gone the other way. I think the demand for (as an example) things like British Infantry will be far lower from now on. I doubt my release time helped, I know that at least one of my updates was close to BAF so probably got overshadowed. The only thing I could claim to have on my side is that I can update my units as Brit kit changes but even that isn't a desperately huge selling feature.

Obviously I can't hold anything against BIS for adding Brits, heck that's why I even started modding because they weren't in the game and I wanted them but I guess I too would prefer interesting engine improvements and so on. I know 3d artists can;t just be left to sit around doing nothing all day so certainly, get them working on something but I think it would be nicer if they focussed on (dunno how to say this) really interesting, different weapons/infantry/vehicles.

Many people will never enjoy all his hard work

At the end of the day, thats all I really care about, that people enjoy the stuff I make. I don't do it for any other reason these days (not even for myself lol, other than testing my infantry I've not used them once in game).

Once all that is said and done, I'm still more than happy to support BIS with their DLC :)

STALKERGB, I for one love your units, and still use the stuff you made for Arma as well. BIS made a commercial decision, you made a passionate one and that is relfected in the TLC your units show, they kicked BAF's units out of the vehicles and took over :)

Back O/T, I would like to see some more African themed stuff, West side boys etc kinda sierra Leone style missions which would intergrate with the BAF stuff. African rebels armed with FAL's, G3's and RPD's. (Can you tell I have just given Tonal a quick dust off ;) )

with British (and probably Australian) addons it is other way - cause BIS had them for VBS (i believe so, looking at screens, at fact of selling VBS to armies of those countries)

so releasing them as DLC was probably not an effort for BIS

but creating new army (specially when it is released without BIS mistakes by addonmaker) from scratch, instead of things much harder to do - is sensless for me

although releasing VBS content as DLC would be nice :]

i know that CoD kids love "another desert digital multicamo super special forces unit" and in such sad situation we are due to "commercial aspect of being in business", cause BIS must have money to exist

stupid kids want something which can be easily done by addonmakers (copy-paste/reskin soldiers + new mix of scopes on weapons ) but better would be large urban areas, working bulletproof vests, update of Arma2 content to FLIR, animals, civilian vehicles for police-type missions (along with large urban modern map) etc.

but probably those days (OFP was more underground) BIS has to care about CoD kids, and probably we will see another not-realistic armed "special forces in digital desert multicam and black vest which look badass for kids"

my example is basing on some experience , cause i know that kids do not note which weapon/unit is realistic, which not

CoD kids do not value effort spent on creating realistic new model, they value much more "special forces desert reskin + FN SCAR HK 416" ,

i remember funny situation when Yac was showing Polish GROM units work in progress, public reacted "wooow, special forces, but why they are not in digital camo ?"

they not care what our army camo is, they want "special forces in digital and it is woooow, just give it HK 416, FN SCAR and it will be badass awsome huuuuge"

but when you will do realistic model from scratch, but it is not "special forces HK SCAR" than it even may not be noticed

BIS knows this and due to this they need to follow comerce

look at QG for A1 - reskin of UH60, reskin of T72, reskins of soldiers , copy-paste weapons like AKS74 with PSO (of course map was great, campaign...)

but errors of engine were remaining

BIS not cared about realism since OFP - and this is not thing i like (since OFP)

so another army DLC would for sure be worse than addonmaker job and if tens of voices of CoD kids will shout "suuuuper" on such army-addon, than addonmaker only can say "better not waste time and spend it walking on the street" , cause what for spend your hours on "realistic addon" if they will equip look-a-likers in AK107, Scars, or helicopters which are in ... veeeeeeeeery low number , not arming in basic helicopter of such army (example T90 with lack of T80s..., SU 34 instead of 24 etc. )

of course British addonmakers lost on British DLC , but this was (as i suppose) content from VBS (i have no VBS, i just suppose seeing screens), so releasing it was not doing it from scratch (maybe Australians will be another DLC)

but doing new army from scratch instead of things that are hard or impossible for addonmakers...

i would rather pay "every year license for GOOD engine" than any not-realistic units for CoD kids (but i know, market has it's rule, if majority wants digital-camo-special-forces-hk-scar , than company focuses on it)

with British (and probably Australian) addons it is other way - cause BIS had them for VBS (i believe so, looking at screens, at fact of selling VBS to armies of those countries)

so releasing them as DLC was probably not an effort for BIS

but creating new army (specially when it is released without BIS mistakes by addonmaker) from scratch, instead of things much harder to do - is sensless for me

The BAF Units were made from scratch, without using VBS content at all. The only vehicle that might be recycled from VBS is the Warrior IFV.

I'd pay for a new version of Chernarus with all enterable buildings and a winter version.

A proper 3D editor would be a dream come true...

At the very least BIS should release the Challenger 2 in Desert and Woodland camo and new weapons like the RPD, AKM w/GP-25, FAL non-para versions and G3 series (A3, A4 and SG1). Lastly, the iron sights on the M16A4 w/ M203 should be replaced by the Red Dot Sight on the basic M16A4.

Edited by Echo_2-7

+1 for 3D editor would love it even if it was a $25 optional DLC just for editors

but would love to see it on a disc with the other DLC packs!!

never i will for pay a 3d editor.

the point is , bis have say "yes arma2 have on 3d editor ( appear for months )".

and now on start screen press alt+E und you see the 3d editor. he is not final.

no i will not pay 25 bugs for a editor where the peoples of bis not have make final :nener:

same as many russians vehicles.

when a next dlc - then new big islands.

chernaurus summer or winter maby

or increase the land

arma2 units of AO Level ,weapons, backpacks, statics, thermal,

and the other things from arrowhead.

armeepacks

complette armys ;)

french

german

china

russia ( modern Soldiers )

korrea etc etc.

and a little chance that you can any fraction set on opfor or blufor.

for fictional and fun maps in mp or little country contest maps.

brit vs us

us vs german

russia vs chnia

french vs brit

and and and

i think that was very cool for a new funny multiplaer action.

little contest land vs land :D