Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Great idea for DLC:

An assorted SOCOM/SOF pack with Rangers, Pararescue Jumpers, SEALs, Combat Controllers, etc to flesh out the US forces and be all around awesome.

PJs and CCTs I'd pay for maybe, but the rest I wouldn't since the community has already released addons of this stuff that exceed BIS caliber. Try to think outside the box. What would you want to see, better yet what would you pay for that hasn't been done well over 2 or 3 dozen times already by the community and BIS dating back to OFP? Edited by Big Mac

Maps would really be the best - not to disparage the content-creators in this community but the quality of user-made units and vehicles has always seemed to surpass the quality of user-made islands.

PJs and CCTs I'd pay for maybe, but the rest I wouldn't since the community has already released addons of this stuff that exceed BIS caliber. Try to think outside the box. What would you want to see, better yet what would you pay for that hasn't been done well over 2 or 3 dozen times already by the community and BIS dating back to OFP?

On the contrary, I think it would be nice to get that stuff straight from BIS (or someone they've hired). At least it's not British forces or Mercs (cause we haven't seen those done by the community before) :rolleyes:

Anyways, all we can really expect for DLC is vehicles/units/maps. Core gameplay stuff will come in patches.

On the contrary, I think it would be nice to get that stuff straight from BIS (or someone they've hired). At least it's not British forces or Mercs (cause we haven't seen those done by the community before) :rolleyes:

Anyways, all we can really expect for DLC is vehicles/units/maps. Core gameplay stuff will come in patches.

Yea well as where you want to have something that has been over done by the community and actually pay for it, I prefer to not flush my money down the john...:rolleyes: That's why I say a map pack is the only way to go, unless of course it something that hasn't been beaten to death by the community like a CF DLC, a NATO DLC, or even a OPFOR DLC complete with Iraqi Republican Guard, IRGC, DPRK,etc. Edited by Big Mac

A big campaign on the Takistani Militia or Insurigents, the campaign should be something like the Resistance campaign in OFP, which was utterly amazing.

Another thing would be German, French and Aussie Troops all 3 with new maps and maybe more different missions, like covering some unit retreats, helping other factions, delivering supplies to vilages, somethign like this, mission starts you get sent to some town to heal, help, deliver supplies to ppl and when u get to the vilage u do ur stuff and u get sent to some combat... Simple things like that not just war here, war there.

Also a new mini campaign about combined Spec ops of all the west teams about hunting some sort of Warleader, something like binladen lol, when u get to ur place after heavy fightning and u se that he escaped or intel was false :D Tier 1 addon could come handy :D

Also a Ac130 with its own short campaign like the ah64 was in Arma 2.

And improvements on ai and some new functions like shooting from vehicles, IEDs, repairing vehicles, lets say ur with ur hummwe wheel gets busted, u get a extra wheel from hummwe trunk and put it on the broken one, this could be done with a premade animations.

But the last thing wll proly never be included, but oh well :D

PJs and CCTs I'd pay for maybe, but the rest I wouldn't since the community has already released addons of this stuff that exceed BIS caliber

Can you point me in the direction of Rangers, that actually look like Rangers with the Ranger tabs? I would pay for a SOF Pack, aslong as it includes what was already stated..

Can you point me in the direction of Rangers, that actually look like Rangers with the Ranger tabs? I would pay for a SOF Pack, aslong as it includes what was already stated..
I can point you in the direction of a number of addons going back to BAS's Ranger pack that actually look like Rangers.

I didn't know that something actually had to have a Ranger Tab on it for you to consider it looking like a Ranger. I guess maybe all the Green Beret addons should have green berets instead of MICHs or maybe Ardy should tattoo a SEAL trident on the forehead of all of his SEALs. Perhaps the PJs should have green footprints on their butts so they'll meet your criteria.

I prefer something less urban and more along the lines of mountain warfare, maybe with caves or something.

Well im still waiting for my OA to arrive Which has a large urban area i believe, currently a bit tired of the country and hills, one of the best things i like about this game are all the different maps, so any maps provided by BIS would be awesome and welcome because their worlds are beautiful/believable

We NEED a DLC pack that will make all ARMA 2 things compatible with arrowhead. USMC M1A1 with FLIR. T90 w/ FLIR. AH1Z w/ FLIR. Adjustable sights for ARMA 2 weapons. You get the picture.

We NEED a DLC pack that will make all ARMA 2 things compatible with arrowhead. USMC M1A1 with FLIR. T90 w/ FLIR. AH1Z w/ FLIR. Adjustable sights for ARMA 2 weapons. You get the picture.

One of my community regulars has already built such a mod I believe.

A whole Chernarus map or whole Takistan map DLC would be nice... though my PC probably wont like it though... Call it Green Sea Region Pack... I would certainly buy that

New Big Maps like Chernarus or Sahrani - map combining big forrest , desert and maybe winter :p

or

somekind bomb squad with all those vehicles to disable IED's :)

beef up the OPFOR (w/ new (old) gear, or campaigns), and get all the Arma2 gear on the functionality level of OA.

backpacks, secondary sites, lasers, and restrictions for NV

cant any object be scripted to be an IED? just take an obect in the editor and slap a script to generate an explosion when something get X meters from it?

I didn't know that something actually had to have a Ranger Tab on it for you to consider it looking like a Ranger. I guess maybe all the Green Beret addons should have green berets instead of MICHs or maybe Ardy should tattoo a SEAL trident on the forehead of all of his SEALs. Perhaps the PJs should have green footprints on their butts so they'll meet your criteria.

Im not trying to be an ass, Im just stating what many off them are missing and what I would like to see. You took my comment to harshly, as it was a very sarcastic comment.

1x DLC/Expansion(DVD) with A2CO (new/changed: units, terrain, missions/campaign, features) in 16th century

1x DLC/Expansion(DVD) with A2CO (new/changed: units, terrain, missions/campaign, features) in 56th century

the quality of user-made units and vehicles has always seemed to surpass the quality of user-made islands.

The reason for that is at least partly down to the BIS Tools... O2 is a fairly sophisticated program which generally works well, modellers are pretty well off in terms of tool sophistication and workflow... not so island-makers... the BIS terrains were NOT made purely with the Visitor 3 tool provided to the community...

Don't get me wrong - Visitor 3 is pretty good actually once you get used to it - an impressive freebie, but I'd happily pay cash money right now for the tools that BIS use to make their terrains! ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

For me personally, (and internet people, I mean from my own personal preferences), I think too much emphasis is on new units and maps. So, what would I want out of DLC? Campaigns & missions. Maybe with a different army, or in a new location :p But if BI released a huge sprawling and above all working campaign, or a big bumper pack of missions...well my hand is already in my pocket. Maybe call it: "1001 and one things to do with 5.56x45's in Takistan".

Maybe call it: "1001 and one things to do with 5.56x45's in Takistan".

Lol nice name, but i sure as hell wont pay for new campaigns or new missions ;) i mean i have the editor right infront of me :D

Lol nice name, but i sure as hell wont pay for new campaigns or new missions ;) i mean i have the editor right infront of me :D

mmmm, I think it would be worth it, if there was enough content, for professionally designed and built missions. User missions are often quite good, and now and then you get a real gem, but it's just not the same. As for making my own misisons, even with random spawns, waypoints ect, if you know exactly what is going to happen its just a case of enjoying your own creation. And of course, Ill admit, I just can't be arsed half the time, and Im crap at making missions, scripting to me is a pain in the arse, and when Ive finished one, I never want to see it again. Had enough of it. Certainly dont want to play it. Its not like there going to be anything in way of surprises..lol. But, hey, that's just me. Having said that however I did download one of the two missions I have released, and did enjoy playing through it again.

The editor is the best tool that has ever been given to a gaming community, and sure, I've had a lot of hours fun with it, and continue to do so. But it would be nice to have a bit more in the way of professionally designed and built missions/campaigns from BI. So, I'm gonna stick with Missions and Campaigns on my DLC wish list.

A nice, big Takistani Militia or Insurigent campaign just like the Resistance in OFP.

If army DlC then French, Famas w/ eotech = win :D

If something like the ah64 mini campaign, then either a Ac 130 or a terrorist warleader hunt as SpecOps minicampaign.

Fictional flashpoint areas I would like to see as DLC:

Fictional Korean Peninsula-like campaign including fictional North and South <insert whatever the split nation's name would be> units, US Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force units, Chinese PLA and Air Force, Russian Army, Spetsnaz, Air Force, and naval units, and Japanese Army, Air Force, and naval units!

BLUFOR: US, <fictional S. Korea>, Japan

OPFOR: <fictional N. Korea>

INDEFOR: China, Russia (They could join either side depending on the mission-maker's whim)

Fictional Spratley Islands and South China Sea. This would be ideal for ArmA's use of islands for maps! Units to include USMC, USN, USAF and Special Forces, Vietnam Army, Navy, Air Force and Special Forces, China's PLA, Navy, and Air Force, Special Forces. Philippines Army, Navy, Air Force, Australia Army, Navy, Air Force and Special Forces. This would be ideal area for official BIS-created maps of jungle and heavy tropical rain forest terrain to be introduced in to ArmA 2. Plus there could even be clear-stripped areas of TRF or jungle to fight in with villages and urban areas as the conflict spreads on to the SE Asian mainland (a large Chernarus-sized mainland map).

BLUFOR: US, Philippines, Australia

OPFOR: China

INDEFOR: Vietnam (again they could join either side, but lately they're cozying up to the US against China in the South China Sea! Nice to see old adversaries working together cooperatively)

Ardistan (fictional Iran) is developing nuclear weapons against the will of the Free World and even Russia is assisting in it's efforts which Ardistan claims are for peaceful use. With all diplomatic efforts exhausted, the US and it's allies (a coalition of UN and NATO forces) strikes! Much to the chagrin of the Coalition, Israel launches its own preemptive strike at the country using Special Forces and Air Force units! Rugged Ardistani terrain present (presumably where some of the nuclear refining facilities and weapons facilities are located) with more large desert maps and a large VAST urban area to represent the capital of Ardistan.

BLUFOR: US, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Georgia, Ukraine, Takistan, Chernarus

OPFOR: Ardistan, Terrorists

INDEFOR: Russia (possible they could join Ardistan based upon campaign results!), Israel (or a fictional name / similar background possible), China (could be persuaded to join the Coalition again based upon campaign results)

Edited by Sgt Mack