Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

Explosive trigger not working

Hey guys I have just recently come accross this explosive script which is really easy to setup but the problem I am having is that I only want the script to run when the player steps into the trigger area.

Now I thought I figured out what the condition I should be putting down but it is not working

this is the condition I am using

player in thislist;

But script isn't doing anything when the player walks into the trigger, it works fine if I assign any blufor into it but yeah.

Can a senior scripter point me in the right direction?

I just use a trigger with no added scripts.

Name your trigger whatever, then name the target whatever

In act: (name of trigger) = "(ordinance)" createvehicle getPos (then name of target)

Something I do is just take a dog, take away its health so its dead, then when your unit comes into the trigger area it'll detonate. Pretty much like the IED's in real life. Of course you can just have say a car come into the trigger area and have the target be the car. Same result.

Example: bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getPos Blastzone

Just take away the parentheses but leave the quotes.

I know its not what you asked but I find this easy.

I just use a trigger with no added scripts.

Name your trigger whatever, then name the target whatever

In act: (name of trigger) = "(ordinance)" createvehicle getPos (then name of target)

Something I do is just take a dog, take away its health so its dead, then when your unit comes into the trigger area it'll detonate. Pretty much like the IED's in real life. Of course you can just have say a car come into the trigger area and have the target be the car. Same result.

Example: bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle getPos Blastzone

Just take away the parentheses but leave the quotes.

I know its not what you asked but I find this easy.

But how do you make the trigger activate just by entering it as by YOU the player?

Hey guys I have just recently come accross this explosive script which is really easy to setup but the problem I am having is that I only want the script to run when the player steps into the trigger area.

Now I thought I figured out what the condition I should be putting down but it is not working

this is the condition I am using

player in thislist;

But script isn't doing anything when the player walks into the trigger, it works fine if I assign any blufor into it but yeah.

Can a senior scripter point me in the right direction?

You got to set it to a side, e.g. if your Player is west, set it on west -> Present.

"Thislist" only refers to a specific side:

So its

West, present, once

THIS and player in thislist;

You got to set it to a side, e.g. if your Player is west, set it on west -> Present.

"Thislist" only refers to a specific side:

So its

West, present, once

Oh well, I got it sorted out by grouping the trigger to myself and leaving the condition to "this".

"thislist" already includes the trigger settings, so you do not need "this".