Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAce

Better infantry death animation

Really? I thought the death at 5:25 looked amazingly realistic.

The video was loading unbelievably slow for me so I only got to see the first two before I gave up.

The video was loading unbelievably slow for me so I only got to see the first two before I gave up.

It loaded fine for me. For those who didn't get a chance to watch that far... I was being sarcastic. He shoots the guy in the head and he falls face first into the ground, his legs come up into the air, and he does a somersault.

I always thought Red Orchestra had good death animations. Sometimes fake, but mostly realistic. However half of deaths were people getting blown to red mist, or taking a frag and losing a limb.

The Ghost – Sniper warrior game has very nice death animations (instant ragdoll of AI when shot dead) -

Yeah this game is sick with that, I shot an enemy in his left shoulder as he was walking away from me in an ally way from about 400m and he did a 45 degree turn; face first into a wall. I couldn’t stop laughing for a few minutes afterwards.

And ragdoll requests again.. :(

I'm not so bothered about ragdolls, i just would like to see people in-game to stop the animation they're doing and produce a 'death' animation sooner than what they do now.

So if they are moving from prone to standing position and die on the way, they die in what position they're in, not after they've stood up, then die.

I'm not so bothered about ragdolls, i just would like to see people in-game to stop the animation they're doing and produce a 'death' animation sooner than what they do now.

So if they are moving from prone to standing position and die on the way, they die in what position they're in, not after they've stood up, then die.

You realise that it would have to look either horribly abrupt (as in teleport into new position) or the transition would make the guy look like he's made out of paper... right? There's no good looking solution...

And ragdoll requests again.. :(

My thoughts exactly...

haven't these forums had enough of these "OMG DEATH ANIMATIONS SUX" or "GAME NEEDS BTTR PHYSX!!!11oen!"

It loaded fine for me. For those who didn't get a chance to watch that far... I was being sarcastic. He shoots the guy in the head and he falls face first into the ground, his legs come up into the air, and he does a somersault.

Loaded fine for me now too and have to say that sure is something BIS has to implement for their next circus game!

To be honest when I kill an enemy I am to busy looking for the next one to admire how he dies. What do you want, scores for delivery, difficulty of dive and artistic impression? Sheesh!

if u shoot the gunner in a static defence, or on a pickup, they stand up straight next to the vehicle before they die .. but the driver falls over the wheel .. lol.. would be fun if he honked the horn when he slammed his head into the steering wheel

if u shoot the gunner in a static defence, or on a pickup, they stand up straight next to the vehicle before they die .. but the driver falls over the wheel .. lol.. would be fun if he honked the horn when he slammed his head into the steering wheel

I agree that idea would give it a little comical relief and realism.

My thoughts exactly...

haven't these forums had enough of these "OMG DEATH ANIMATIONS SUX" or "GAME NEEDS BTTR PHYSX!!!11oen!"

When I go up a gentle slope even in a light vehicle and only get a speed of 10 then yes, this game really does need better physics in my opinion.

When I go up a gentle slope even in a light vehicle and only get a speed of 10 then yes, this game really does need better physics in my opinion.

Try holding shift while driving if you dont already, it works wonders :D....

I feel the vehicles got An improvement in OA.I noticed that the 100kph and hit a hill and speed drops to 10 is gone.They now have momentum and keep their speeds for awhile.Also going up hills now and the vehicles just plow up full bore and it sounds like they downshift at times.If the incline is too steep it does slow down to Arma2 levels but everything else is very welocme.

I have my driving keys set up like this....makes it very easy to drive.

W=fast forward

S=stop

SHIFT=slow forward.

No need for just the plain forward as you can just release the W to slow down.The default Q=slow,W=forward and E=fast forward is just horrible to drive with.