Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT OPA Kill Double - Hiding of duplicated objects

This addon is meant to be used with ArmA II AND ArmA II Operation Arrowhead. Because Operation Arrowhead is meant to be a standalone addon the editor shows some objects in the editor that were already avaiable. GLA OPA Kill Double hides the duplicated objects. They will not be removed! Missions that used those objects, still will work. Of course you can still use those class names in scripts or triggers.

arma2oa2010070423350117.th.jpg

GLT OPA Kill Double 1.1 @ www.megaupload.com

GLT OPA Kill Double 1.1 @ www.armaholic.com

GLT OPA Kill Double 1.1 @ www.assaultmissionstudio.de

Affected class names:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GraveCross2

GraveCrossHelmet

Fort_Barricade

Land_fortified_nest_big

Hedgehog

Park_bench2_noRoad

MASH

Misc_cargo_cont_small

Camp

ACamp

CampEast

Land_Hlidac_budka

FlagCarrierUSA

Land_Ind_TankSmall2

Land_ladder

Land_ladder_half

Misc_TyreHeap

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Are the ones which are kept the OA duplicates, or are they the Arma 2 ones? Hopefully you kept the OA ones. Great idea, nonetheless. Very helpful for me particularly! :D

Just a question mate, it says its meant to be used for ArmA2 and ArmA2OA ... but it doesnt say if it does work for either or which was it is for!

as you only said "meant" lol... it works for them both? or its for only 1 of them?

Thanks anyways.

Does it kill the OA or A2 duplicates?

edit: lol, basically the same question as two posts above :D

Are the ones which are kept the OA duplicates, or are they the Arma 2 ones? Hopefully you kept the OA ones. Great idea, nonetheless. Very helpful for me particularly! :D

Only the objects of ArmA II will be hidden. I thought this will be more useful if the OA objects are going to be changed in future patches.

Just a question mate, it says its meant to be used for ArmA2 and ArmA2OA ... but it doesnt say if it does work for either or which was it is for!

as you only said "meant" lol... it works for them both? or its for only 1 of them?

Maybe this was a misunderstanding.

--> If you own ArmA II and use this addon - well it will work but it will hide some objects you might need :D So this wouldn't make sense.

--> If you only own ArmA II Operation Arrowhead you won't need this addon because you won't have duplicated objects in the editor.

--> So this addon is only useful for people who use ArmA II AND ArmA II Operation Arrowhead.

I hope this clears things up.

How about hiding duplicate vehicles too?

AH-64D (US) & (USMC)

M1A2 TUSK (US) & (USMC) etc

In most cases they are identical but in some the A2 units do not support new features such as FLIR. Better hide the old ones.

How about hiding duplicate vehicles too?

AH-64D (US) & (USMC)

M1A2 TUSK (US) & (USMC) etc

In most cases they are identical but in some the A2 units do not support new features such as FLIR. Better hide the old ones.

I skipped that idea because there are still people who only own ArmA II. Even with OA loaded you are able to create ArmA II-content-only missions. The ArmA II M1A1/M1A2 are woodland camo, OA M1A1/M1A2 are desert camo. That's why I didn't want to hide them.

Besides ... in a few days those old vehicles will have FLIR for the gunner too :D AH-1Z, Ka-52, Mi-24P, Mi24-V and UH-1Y have working OA FLIR. Of course the player would need OA or it won't work. But there will be an extra topic for it as soon as I finished the new configs.

Edit:

Considering my own thoughts it's ironique to hide anything anyway then :butbut: Oh my ... :o

Edit 2:

Just took a look at the ArmA II M1A1 and M1A2. If OA is loaded, they're already using FLIR :)

hi

this addon or ur oa editor fix remove the teleport flags in evolution (Evo_Blue_V5_OA_GS.Takistan). i dunno what the server was running(co or oa standalone), im running co.

when i dont load the pbos the flags are back again.

anyway thx for the addon :thumb:

Edited by RunForrest

I can confirm this strange effect with other objects too. For a very long time there was no problem to hide an object in the editor with the command scope = 0; But for some reasons since the latest ArmA II versions (possibly since 1.07) the whole object is hidden even in 3D game mode and not just inside the editor.

We'll have to keep an eye on this because I really don't know if this is a wanted effect or a new bug.

Edit:

Oh crap ... I did a few test confirming the invisible bug. As I suspected every classname included in this addon is affected. This will lead to invisible and thus unusable objects in EVERY mission that uses them :(

It seems the file is not even there at crapidshare, can you re-upload? :)

Thx for the info about the new version! :cool:

Put it on our editing section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

[OA] GLT OPA Kill Double v1.1 by Legislator