Sign in to follow this  
Karimloo

Need help converting Models

I have some models I need to convert.

FIRST OFF, They are Call of Duty Models, and they don't need permission, at FacePunch they were free to download and only can be used as individual self purpose mods. I am not going to upload them or profit off them, and you have mister Clawhammer, a senior member to thank for giving me the link to the models and a step by step procedure to help me convert them into pbo's.

I like the models and I hate Call of Duty, so I want them in a better game, ARMA II. There are no legal issues, there isn't anything wrong with using them, because people are already using them for their own purposes and for many other games which they DO upload them like Counter Strike.

Now on to business, I am trying to convert the models from their respective folders 'models' and 'materials' both confuse me.

I tried opening them, but received an error, I tried importing them, same result. How do I get them into 3d Studio max and turn them into Oxygen 2 friendly files?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Also, what right do you have to use Star Wars or Generation Kill property, or Star Gate property?

Now on to business, I am trying to convert the models from their respective folders 'models' and 'materials' both confuse me.

I tried opening them, but received an error, I tried importing them, same result. How do I get them into 3d Studio max and turn them into Oxygen 2 friendly files?

You are not giving enough information to receive an answer:

1. What are the formats of your models you want to convert?

2. What are the formats of your materials files?

I can't answer how you can import them in 3DS Max. You can export FROM 3d max as OBJ or 3DS, both files can be imported in O2.

Also, what right do you have to use Star Wars or Generation Kill property, or Star Gate property?

who is YOU in your sentance?

Why are you asking about permission and property rights regarding SG, SW or Generation Kill on those forums in the first place?

I would contact MGM, Lucas Arts and HBO for that answer....

Well, there isn't a difference between taking the concepts from Lucas Arts without permission to taking the models from Call of Duty.

I should be in the clear because I want to use it for myself for fun. They are uploading their mods for free, making it possible to play those licenses for free without a Lucas Arts publisher.

I don't get why they are allowed to do so, but I'm not allowed to use those models for myself.

And all I ask is a step by step guide or some help.

The Call of Duty folder contains 2 sub folders called 'Materials' and 'models' which are easily put into Counter Strike.

But I don't know how to get them into 3D Max, maybe I need a mdl plugin? That's what someone told me to do. And Clawhammer told me I may need a mdl plugin.

@PuFu

Question, there is Gepard AA Leopard 1A4 Tank in use for Operation Flashpoint

Gepard 1A2 1.1 29.01.2006 14.10 MByte

http://bwmod.armedassault.info/downloads.php

Thats the page to get the Model from Flashpoint

Could u check for me please as i see you are kinda in the matter...

If this Flashpoint model can be use in ArmA 2 CO/OA....? is there a way to get done for Arma 2..? thanks for your time....

#1 - Pretty sure this is necrophilia

#2 - Not a request thread

#3 - I'm pretty sure from how defensive the OP was that what he wants is illegal so the thread should probably be closed anyways

Oh, just so ya know, if that model is a part of the BWMod it can't be converted without their permission, and I seriously doubt the BWMod will give you the MLODs for it. Just give it up with the Gepard already man...

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

its part of Operation flashpoint MOD BWmod for OPF BWmod for Arma1 And ArmA 2

So i can do wat ever i want with it cool, but i don't want to rape the thing..?

I just want to have that model running on our Private Game server

We are mature gamers that like the Eye-Candy that comes with the vehicles, Action

And Special FX's that folks make in the community, its hard work, Respect

So no whorry from my side that i'm gonna run next to my shoes with some one elses

His model and tell the folks that i made it blablabal, i just want to play the thing

i just want to know, if it's possible to get something out of the OFP Model for Arma2

from that OFP Model...? toward ArmA 2 model...? if yes, then its a piece of cake to get it over to ArmA 2?

I will get the model, that for sure LOL, and once some friend and Mission makers see the thing in action, i'm sure the thing wil have a new life and will be fine tuned for proper use...hehehehe :P

oh yeah, Cheer's, i like your Sig, Pro Patria bibere :) Alea jacta est!, Salve'

its part of Operation flashpoint MOD BWmod for OPF BWmod for Arma1 And ArmA 2

So i can do wat ever i want with it cool, but i don't want to rape the thing..?

I just want to have that model running on our Private Game server

We are mature gamers that like the Eye-Candy that comes with the vehicles, Action

And Special FX's that folks make in the community, its hard work, Respect

So no whorry from my side that i'm gonna run next to my shoes with some one elses

His model and tell the folks that i made it blablabal, i just want to play the thing

i just want to know, if it's possible to get something out of the OFP Model for Arma2

from that OFP Model...? toward ArmA 2 model...? if yes, then its a piece of cake to get it over to ArmA 2?

I will get the model, that for sure LOL, and once some friend and Mission makers see the thing in action, i'm sure the thing wil have a new life and will be fine tuned for proper use...hehehehe :P

oh yeah, Cheer's, i like your Sig, Pro Patria bibere :) Alea jacta est!, Salve'

Contact the BWMod team who originally made the addon and ask for both the MLOD model and permission to convert it.

Once you have the MLOD model you can start converting it to ArmA2.

It is not possible to convert binarized models and make them usable in ArmA2. Not for public use and not for "private use".