Sign in to follow this  
wiggum2

[How To] Simple Support Module (OA) ?

Dont sync the module to anything, just place it on the map !

That worked thanks, seems secops was interfering with it.

Now to find a way for them to work together :confused:

this setVariable ["BIS_SSM_Airstrike_VEHICLE_WEST",F35B] call BIS_SSM_fnc_InitVariable;

Ive tried putting this in the init of my player to change airsupport from an a10 to and F35 fighter. Doesnt seem to work. Has anyone figured out how to change this?

ps thanks for all the other help. The changin troops works I was also wondering if there is a way to change the helo to a c130? :D thanks again.

Edited by Mikey74

Ive tried putting this in the init of my player to change airsupport from an a10 to and F35 fighter. Doesnt seem to work. Has anyone figured out how to change this?

ps thanks for all the other help. The changin troops works I was also wondering if there is a way to change the helo to a c130? :D thanks again.

As explained somewhere above the variables have to be set in format

missionNamespace setVariable [variablename, parameters];

So, F-35 airstrike:

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "F-35B"];

and C-130 unitdrop:

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_UnitsDrop_VEHICLE_WEST", "C130J_US_EP1"];

Drops are a bit unrealiable on small maps like Utes and Desert. Play with the spawn distance value if you have problems.

Also the air strike does actually launch a missile, I watched it in slow motion :)

Found an awful bug with the SSM & Sec Ops Manager in OA. The SSM overrides the '2' communications option, setting it to 'supply drop'. The Sec Ops Manager uses '2' to accept/decline generated missions.

When both modules are present, the '2' option (supply drop) is not initially present, appearing only after/during the time a generated mission is being offered. The mission itself cannot be accepted, as selecting '2' gives you a supply drop, not the Sec Ops communication options!

Anyone know a way around this? It's impossible to use them together while this persists. :(

I did that... but I did it through the Initsqf somewhere I musta did it wrong.. anyways I put it in the init on the ssm module and it worked fine. ohhh for anyoneelse trying it if Airstrike dont work with the f35b Type F35B instead of F-35B. ;)

Typo

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "F-35B"];

Correct

missionNamespace setVariable ["BIS_SSM_AirStrike_VEHICLE_WEST", "F35B"];

Thanks a million :) :yay:

So nobody knows any way to limit the amount of times a support can be used? I mean, otherwise you can just spam artillery all over the place.

So nobody knows any way to limit the amount of times a support can be used? I mean, otherwise you can just spam artillery all over the place.
Check my post with the sqf sample script. Basically you have to add the counting logic yourself using the expression/condition functionality.

To reiterate:

- EXPRESSION is run when a support is activated

- CONDITION must be met to allow the support call

- if you want to have just one strike just put disable command in EXPRESSION

- if you want more than one strike you need to use a variable

If you need more explanation/clearer sample I can do that...

Check my post with the sqf sample script. Basically you have to add the counting logic yourself using the expression/condition functionality.

To reiterate:

- EXPRESSION is run when a support is activated

- CONDITION must be met to allow the support call

- if you want to have just one strike just put disable command in EXPRESSION

- if you want more than one strike you need to use a variable

If you need more explanation/clearer sample I can do that...

Yeah, a sample would be nice, I'm sure I could figured out if I really try, but I'm not good at these scripting logics, :)

Yeah, a sample would be nice, I'm sure I could figured out if I really try, but I'm not good at these scripting logics,

http://uploading.com/files/4cf67d28/init.sqf/

http://uploading.com/files/895bbfmc/mission.sqm/

Put these in a folder in your mission directory name the folder ssm.Takistan Make sure this is in your mission directory.

Here's two samples. In the first one all supports are available and each is disabled after one call. In the second one we have slightly more advanced logic to limit to specific number of calls.

Download zip here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ws0b2j

View the scripts. Simple demo:

http://pastebin.com/5Ph7RTj7

Counted support script:

http://pastebin.com/HxhrnwNZ

Once again I can't test multiplayer compatibility so someone should point out if I'm doing stupid things :)

I know very little about code and even less about ARMA2/OA coding & scripting, but having looked through that link I see nothing that allocates those support requests to the numbered communication functions. It's my guess that if the allocation of supports to numbers can be changed, it'd be possible to run this alongside the Sec Ops Manager, as all the SSM does is override the SOM's use of '2' to accept/decline missions.

Is this possible? It seems daft that they can't be used together as standard.

Thanks for all the sample missions guys! I haven't got time to try it right now, but I will try it out tonight!

Does anybody know if you can set the location from where the support module spawns.

I have a mission with lots of triggers but the support modules sets them off before I want them to, it would be great if I can get them to come in from behind the players position

I know very little about code and even less about ARMA2/OA coding & scripting, but having looked through that link I see nothing that allocates those support requests to the numbered communication functions. It's my guess that if the allocation of supports to numbers can be changed, it'd be possible to run this alongside the Sec Ops Manager, as all the SSM does is override the SOM's use of '2' to accept/decline missions.

Is this possible? It seems daft that they can't be used together as standard.

I really want it to work together too, i like to make missions in the editor just as a sort of free roam missions but without the sec op manager its getting a bit boring...:(

Can someone tell me how to get the support options that were in the tank sp mission.

I think it was the simple support module but instead of ammo drop, it was a "support" and then you choose from ammo, repair, fuel. then they send a truck, but the truck was already on the map.

can anyone tell me what's going on here ? where to put codes . i am looking for artillery and aristrike and UAV .... support requesting simple explain plz ?

on your mission, click modules, double click on map, select simple support module and then preview your mission. or play it. In game, press spacebar, or 0 selct communication select support and then select your option. I think there is 7 choices, cease fire, ammo drop, reinforcements, air support, artillery, mortar support. Think thats it.

Did you even bother to search first? It should be at the begining of this thread or some other thread.

victim913

i have nothing calls model calls simple support module ? any idea

hi all

thanks to the info in this post i have managed to set the desired limits for the SSM

however one last thing has me beaten.

Is it possible to limit who can call the support. ie group leader only or FAC.

i have tried removeweapon "ItemRadio" but request options are still available to all units in group (MP). Again many thanks for previous info within this post.

hi all

thanks to the info in this post i have managed to set the desired limits for the SSM

however one last thing has me beaten.

Is it possible to limit who can call the support. ie group leader only or FAC.

i have tried removeweapon "ItemRadio" but request options are still available to all units in group (MP). Again many thanks for previous info within this post.

Add this to the init of every unit who can call support:

this setVariable["supportAvailable", 1];

Add this to the init.sqf, notice double quotes:

BIS_SSM_Mortar_CONDITION = "player getVariable ""supportAvailable"" == 1;";

Similar for airstrike, unitdrop etc...

syria, are you in the editor? or in a mission? If you have OA and you select, singleplayer, editor, then you have module option (F7), then double click on map, then select your option.

If you still don't get it, you either don'nt have OA or you are not in the editor. Then look for the 2d editor tutorial.

syria, are you in the editor? or in a mission? If you have OA and you select, singleplayer, editor, then you have module option (F7), then double click on map, then select your option.

If you still don't get it, you either don'nt have OA or you are not in the editor. Then look for the 2d editor tutorial.

i click on F7 moduel i wanna make airstrike request and UAV support and transport support etc ....

i wanna know which modeul this need or the fun and where to put ...

i try but nothin happen still without support lol

i am in editor

Has anyone found out if we can decide what's in the ammo-boxes that are dropped?