Sign in to follow this  
Eotore

What happen to those 80 peep Team vs Team PvP servers?

Just wondering y nobody servers those Team vs Team pvp servers anymore.They are fun.

IC:ArmA was one of them in the ArmA times. It's still around in Arma 2, just under the name Charlie Foxtrot.

However, I wouldn't go looking to Arma 2 MP if you want anything other than a coop game nowadays. :rolleyes:

Hi all

There are two groups running public 120 Player PvP servers:

The already mentioned Charlie Foxtrot.

And Dao are Running a Takistan Berzerk! server.

Lega Italiana are running a 60 player Takistan Berzerk! 2 server as of writing this.

There will probably be others as OA is only just out, and the missions are still being made and distributed.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

For some reason big TvT tourneys aren't as popular anymore and don't really reach the numbers anymore. Dwindled from >100 now down to barely 50. :( .

the numbers are consistently 50 + winter time usually brings more numbers to tournament PVP games

the numbers are consistently 50 + winter time usually brings more numbers to tournament PVP games

True, I plan to report for duty again in CF when the fall kicks in. Great fun and hard working TA's, highly recommended!

/KC

Just wondering y nobody servers those Team vs Team pvp servers anymore.They are fun.

Charlie Foxtrot is running a Public Server for OA which had 80+ people on it the other evening. On Sundays server is shut down for the tournament battles. Im sure it will be up again this evening, just filter for 'charlie'

However, I wouldn't go looking to Arma 2 MP if you want anything other than a coop game nowadays. :rolleyes:

Well, that answers the question that I returned to the forum for.

I was considering checking out OA after skipping arma2 because the PvP still sucked in arma.

hopefully someday they turn this game into a game that people actually want to play, where you can play against actual people.

Oh, it's hardly the game's fault, that wasn't what I was implying. It's the fault of the people who play it online, but I won't get into that shit again...

Well, that answers the question that I returned to the forum for.

I was considering checking out OA after skipping arma2 because the PvP still sucked in arma.

hopefully someday they turn this game into a game that people actually want to play, where you can play against actual people.

Pretty sure people want to play when they are playing right now... Go play your Modern Warfare if you want to deathmatch, and get out.

Just because you don't like the mode doesn't mean others agree with you. There's a large competitive PvP side of this community. Ever heard of APL? I have more fun playing smaller competitive PvP matches in these games nowadays than I do in most of the current mission playlists.

Hopefully PR injects some life back into this game, kind of sad to see it failing in the PvP aspect when it has a lot of potential.

Between the new enterable buildings and overall programmatic cleanliness of OA, I think people will find PVP fun again. An official patch won't hurt either. ;) For all of ArmA 2's variety and beautiful terrain, it felt more barren to me than OA because of the few accessible buildings. I'm loving the details they've included (wouldn't mind a DAC filled out hybrid PVP either, AI and DAC are awesome). We now know from Zargabad that OA can handle loads of complex geometry, I won't hesitate to say we're to see a huge rush of high quality building/facility mods coming. And the PVP crowd following soon after.

Hopefully PR injects some life back into this game, kind of sad to see it failing in the PvP aspect when it has a lot of potential.

Depends on if they actually do more than just the British units they currently have planned.

There's currently APL Season 2, and it'll be moving to OA within the next month. There's ESL which I think is still going last time I checked. But there's not many larger tournaments out there at the moment bar CF and ATOW. My recommendation is try them out and see what you think of them :)

The only mod i saw until now used frequently in PvP its "ACE" in "Warfare".

The majority of PvP'rs prefer "Vanilla" as history has shown

:j:

I've been saying this for a few months now.

I'll stop saying it now, because I don't think it's necessary with OA. Played on Charlie Foxtrot today with 40-60 players on at a very much 'off-peak' time. Server performed well; Bis' new maps are awesome for PvP; the new factions are well-balanced but very different.

PR will hopefully add more choice to PvP lovers, but there's nothing wrong with OA as it is. Particularly during this post-release phase before other community-splitting mods have been put out.

Richey,

I haven't played any OA PvP games yet. But I was surprised to hear that you considered the factions well-balanced. I would expect the opposite as the US have all the goodies (modern vehicles, FLIR, TI) and the Takistanis have some old tanks and Enfield rifles.

Can you describe how CF balances the forces?

we at DAO Switched Over to OA but run on OA Chernarus to so u have to use combined version to Join in.

can you actually play with 80 people without huge lag?

If so, it would seem pretty easy to make PVP missions that would actually be far more fun than COD/Battlefield crap. Especially if you can round up 80 people that are not idiots.

Slightly OT but as Infamous says, APL will _definitely_ be back for season2. We've noticed player numbers climbing the last few nights as people buy the game and get back online. My onwn feeling is that the new urban environments make for a positive change in gamestyle. I found myself thinking during one game last night "this looks like BF2, only it's much, much, better!" :-)

Richey,

I haven't played any OA PvP games yet. But I was surprised to hear that you considered the factions well-balanced. I would expect the opposite as the US have all the goodies (modern vehicles, FLIR, TI) and the Takistanis have some old tanks and Enfield rifles.

Can you describe how CF balances the forces?

Takis have TI rifles, Metis launchers, pretty advanced stuff.

They are a bit weaker in modern tanks, and attack chopper, which is the biggest "issue", imho.

The CF maps I played didn't have attack choppers, as far as I remember, only transport.

In general, you don't have really advanced stuff in CF mission (or I didn't see them the few I played ;) )

Overall, the geographic features, numerous mountains, rocks, etc.... tend to help infantry avoiding too heavy armor contact.

Ofc, if map maker consider TUSK to be equal match to T72 and that it can be used in equal number/availability, same for Apache vs Hind, you'll have probably some problems, but so far I've seen nothing gamebreaking

I found myself thinking during one game last night "this looks like BF2, only it's much, much, better!" :-)

What I'm looking for is something that resembles BF2/BC2's "conquest" mode only much much better.

Sort of like how I remember Warfare being except with no AI, just like 80 to 100 human players in squads of 4 or 5, with long respawn times. I dont understand how that wouldn't be more appealing to arma players than all the coops.

What I'm looking for is something that resembles BF2/BC2's "conquest" mode only much much better.

Sort of like how I remember Warfare being except with no AI, just like 80 to 100 human players in squads of 4 or 5, with long respawn times. I dont understand how that wouldn't be more appealing to arma players than all the coops.

Why throw in long respawn time? An integral part of the BF2/BC2 conquest mode is actually encountering enemies. Long respawn times on an all PvP server goes completely against this principle and IMO would destroy it. Think on it. Even with a "small" count of say 2 towns (compared to all island warfare), that's 40 peep per town if its an 80 peep server. 20 peep per team. Now, assume that not everyone is alive, 3/4 is effective in the zone. That's just 15 players fighting another 15 players over an entire town - in a rather perfect situation. All it takes is a couple of fully manned vehicle to reduce infantry count to far less than 10. Throw in "long respawn times" and you kill the gameplay, because there will be no one to fight. Dont even dare trying to use 3 towns, lol. If you want to implement features like wreck repair or resupply of friendly vehicles, that's even more players that are removed from combat.

Plus, it assumes an instantly full server. Remember, this all PvP mission have to scale well from 2-80 peeps. If its just say 20 in total... Ugh. I cant imagine what "long respawn times" would do to it. I'm not finding the idea of fighting ONE or maybe TWO other guys appealing, only to wait a long time if I die.

A much nicer idea - revival or instant reinforcement at base. Make the players decide whether to give up waiting. They do have brains. Well, a little.